Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2017, 10:54 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,591,467 times

Advertisements

"Individual Mandate Penalty Falls Heaviest On Families Making $50K Or Less"

Charts and graphs showing breakdown are in the article.

Old 09-20-2017, 11:17 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,458,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
"Individual Mandate Penalty Falls Heaviest On Families Making $50K Or Less"

Charts and graphs showing breakdown are in the article.
And under the past Republican proposals, those same people would have faced penalties from insurers - not govt - of +20% PREMIUMS if they let their health insurance lapse. That's 20% pretty much forever.

That's your idea of a better plan? :-)

Old 09-20-2017, 11:20 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,725,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
That's not how it works. They will let it fail because the Republican goal is nothing. Starting over is not part of the agenda.
The Republican agenda is to end the money being spent on health coverage and give it to people like Trump in the form of tax cuts. That's the truth of it.

Old 09-20-2017, 11:30 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,852,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
I'm kind of to the point that I'm sick and tired of the whole thing. So I hope the Republicans do go ahead and pass it. Then we can see how well their plan works. If it turns out to be better than Obamacare, that is great. If it isn't, well they own it lock, stock and barrel. Then it is up to them to explain to the country why they passed it and then fix it again.

I'm just tired of hearing the whining about Obamacare for all these years. Let's see if they have an ace in the hole or if they are just bluffing.

OMG...... SERIOUSY?
Like 7 years of their mantra "repeal and replace" without so much as a draft of a healthcare plan.....hasn't shown you that they have no "ace in the hole" not even an idea?

Old 09-20-2017, 11:41 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,852,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Maybe it's time to reach across the aisle.

The PARTY OF HATE......... would rather fail........... than be bi-partisan!

You see how hateful their crap ideas for a healthcare bill are....... proving.....without the Democrat's HEART,THEY ARE UNABLE to come up with anything even approaching HUMANE!

All Republicans know how to do is de-regulate everything for their rich money-lusting buddies to shaft the work-force, for more greedy-gain, fear-monger, and start wars!

Old 09-20-2017, 11:49 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,589,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
OP...US is a capitalist country , not a socialized one. They have no idea how to run a socialized health based US plan. We also have incompetent politicians that could never run it.

Do you notice how they always call it single payer? They try to sugar coat it to avoid saying socialized healthcare. Socialized healthcare is always shot down as communism.

With capitalism our current healthcare 'plan' is what the US has developed over the decades. Profit is king! Just how it is. Best you can hope for in US is to not get too sick. Our healthcare will keep skyrocketing from greed and mismanagement.

I've written on this topic extensively. Only thing that would work in US is...

Socialized plan + keeping the current plan. Just like our educational system.

Rich don't want socialized, hospitals don't want socialized, but average person can't afford rich plan. You need health plans for both.

...you will never get it.
The reason they are identified differently is that they are.

Single Payer is not the same thing as Universal Healthcare nor the same thing as Socialized Medicine.

I dare say it is you who will never get it.

Old 09-21-2017, 04:18 AM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,668,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
OMG...... SERIOUSY?
Like 7 years of their mantra "repeal and replace" without so much as a draft of a healthcare plan.....hasn't shown you that they have no "ace in the hole" not even an idea?
Yes, seriously. Republicans control the Senate, the House and the Presidency, as the American people handed the reins of power to them . It's time for them to put up or shut up. If they are so sure their plan is so great, then stop talking and implement it. If it turns out to be better than Obamacare then the country wins. If it isn't better, then they can face the electorate and explain what happened.

Old 09-21-2017, 04:39 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,336,651 times
As the ACA is already in place wouldnt it be a better course of action to fix whatever problems it might have rather than starting a whole new healthcare plan from scratch not knowing what problems it too might have?

Old 09-21-2017, 05:05 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,447,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
As the ACA is already in place wouldnt it be a better course of action to fix whatever problems it might have rather than starting a whole new healthcare plan from scratch not knowing what problems it too might have?
Well, objectively, yes. But in the world of politics..keeping the ACA in place would constitutes a 'loss' for the right, and 'win' for the left--thus, the actual merits and/or viability of the program is moot---lost in the spin.

Old 09-21-2017, 05:10 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,602,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Those deductibles are too high for a great percentage of the population. I make $52k/year, and I couldn't afford a $2,500 deductible
You have 2500 a year medical cost? Note in my system there are copays AND deductibles so there is "help" below that threshhold. See the example I used. Id probably go with 50/50 to the deductible. You would also be free to get a gap insurance.

In my system, Im trying to prevent people being ruined for life. It does not mean that medical is "free". People over use when they dont pay. I make well above the American median income. Due to living in NJ, Im only like 20% of what HUD would consider low income for my area, so yea, I know what medical can do do a family budget.

The US needs to address COST. The out of network back billing, no negotiating with drug companies, and allowing hedge funds to buy out of patent medicines HAS TO stop. Feformulate-repatent... Those are just a few of the issues that come to mind of many.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies