Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 06:13 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,792,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...dal/699157001/

And to imagine that this clown was a Congressman and a viable candidate to run the biggest city in the US.

I don't usually celebrate when someone is sentenced to prison, but in this case...well...

21 months is a slap on the wrist and a spit in the face to the country. He got less time, as a convicted multiple offense predator of children, than some people get for having a joint in their pocket. THAT is sick.

He was protected by his fellow shills! I guarantee the judge fielded calls by them.

I wonder what Club FED country club he'll be sent to. Wanna bet he lands here: Federal Correctional Institution at Otisville, N.Y
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2017, 06:40 PM

934 posts, read 403,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
21 months is a slap on the wrist and a spit in the face to the country. He got less time, as a convicted multiple offense predator of children, than some people get for having a joint in their pocket. THAT is sick.

He was protected by his fellow shills! I guarantee the judge fielded calls by them.

I wonder what Club FED country club he'll be sent to. Wanna bet he lands here: Federal Correctional Institution at Otisville, N.Y
And I bet he too will be free to roam around with his cellphone during the day and then return to the said Institution for bedtime.

Old 09-25-2017, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
His circle protected him so it couldn't be proven in a court of law, but given what the girls themselves have said it sure sounds like he was a pimp.

Lawyers Seek Interview with Prince Andrew About Sex-Crime Claims | Time.com
That aristocratic scumbag, that was one of the things I read. I only wish someone credible would sum up courage to investigate the whole thing further.

Old 09-25-2017, 07:39 PM

8,696 posts, read 11,086,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post

Both are close to the Clinton's so perhaps they pulled some strings. Wiener should have received at least 5 years, Epstein 20 IMHO. Helps to have friends in high places.
This is one example why people don't trust the establishment.

Old 09-25-2017, 10:22 PM

30,171 posts, read 11,809,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchtoecig View Post

Clinton's loss is obviously so complicated to US left that she had to write a book on it.
In my opinion, the main reason Trump won was that they failed to understand what he was about and what he was doing on a fundamental level. Despite him being around for decades and very loudly so.
Clinton wrote a book to change the narrative that it was her fault and try to blame others. Clinton lost because she made the decision to host the server at her house and got caught doing so. You can debate whether Comey handled things correctly or not but if Clinton did not move the server there would have been no investigation.

Late in the campaign the feds investigating Wiener found Huma's laptop, a laptop they were not aware of and that set off the second public comment by Comey. Again, if Clinton did not move the server Huma's laptop would not have been an issue.

Clinton lost because of Clinton its not complicated.

Old 09-25-2017, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
Clinton wrote a book to change the narrative that it was her fault and try to blame others. Clinton lost because she made the decision to host the server at her house and got caught doing so. You can debate whether Comey handled things correctly or not but if Clinton did not move the server there would have been no investigation.

Late in the campaign the feds investigating Wiener found Huma's laptop, a laptop they were not aware of and that set off the second public comment by Comey. Again, if Clinton did not move the server Huma's laptop would not have been an issue.

Clinton lost because of Clinton its not complicated.
The sentence about Clinton and the book was tongue in cheek. What I think about last US elections from the beginning (I was following it rather closely since Trump announced his candidacy in May 2015) would totally go off topic. Will probably write about it somewhere else or start a topic like "What really happened - let's write our own Hillary book"

Old 09-25-2017, 10:42 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,421,542 times
Meanwhile, the liberal teacher union spends millions defending 20-something female teachers who were bopping students and lost their job.

Old 09-26-2017, 09:41 AM

1,276 posts, read 1,775,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
So almost 2 yrs in prison and a lifetime 'scarlets letter' for sexting? Geez, thats a bit much! I think there is probably more to this story.
Are you kidding? She was 15 man!!! He knew out of the gate she was 15 and still went along. It wasn't like she duped him into believing she was older. He KNEW she was 15!!!! There's no excuse for that. There have been many cases where the girl will play older or lie, even in those cases, there's no defense as a minor cannot give consent. Had she been lying of her age, I could see some leniency, but he knew! He went out of his way to target her too. Come on man!!

Old 09-26-2017, 09:43 AM

8,696 posts, read 11,086,262 times
Jared Fogle gets up to 15 years. Weiner should be locked up for at least 8 years

Old 09-27-2017, 09:58 AM

1,196 posts, read 839,377 times
He was innocent. Rachel Maddow proves scientifically

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies