Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2017, 08:37 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
he actually isn't lying....

there have been several people who have made comments, that conservatives for the most part, like country western music...actually, a Corporate leader got fired for saying she feels no sympathy for the concert goers, b/c they were all basically Republicans...so it's not actually a lie.

This is not proof or even logic. Using this tragedy to perpetuate hateful partisan nonsense, from either side, is just wrong!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2017, 08:38 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,730,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Like the prohibition on alcohol and drugs only makes them more attractive and higher priced for lesser quality the same would happen with firearms. Illegal sources would dominate the market eliminating even the mostly effective method of background checks and similar laws.

In this case the shooter seems, based on his brother's descriptions, to not have displayed any abnormal behavior before the incident. From other information he started legally buying an arsenal several weeks or months ago as part of the planning of this atrocity.

My GUESS is he had some form of brain injury and went off the deep end. I hope he did not destroy his brain while committing suicide. Or he is a case of Demonic Possession. This is pretty much the same as brain damage.
I could see the Cartels doing this from day one. Imagine the real milsurp stuff they would ship in. FA AK's, RPK's, M4s etc. Not to mention the really fun stuff like RPG's,

Old 10-03-2017, 08:38 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,240,207 times
Terrorism is ideologically, politically, or religiously motivated.

If it comes out that this guy was some religious cult member raging against the "sin" of Las Vegas then it could be considered terrorism.

So far it looks like he's just a random nut case.

Old 10-03-2017, 08:40 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
After reading all this and watching too much repetitious TV all I can say is my, and a lot of guys, old "Nam fallback, S*** Happens. Get over it. 'Movin' on. I'm movin' on.

Last edited by GregW; 10-03-2017 at 08:53 AM..

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
I could see the Cartels doing this from day one. Imagine the real milsurp stuff they would ship in. FA AK's, RPK's, M4s etc. Not to mention the really fun stuff like RPG's,
FYI, the Cartels get their weapons from the US through straw purchasers.

Why Mexico’s drug cartels love America’s gun laws

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Anything more heard about the couple who warned everyone in front row 45 min before the shooting that they were going to die?
It's not uncommon for there to be one or more in large crowds who are compelled to demand the masses repent, the world is going to end, all are doomed and so on, especially in "Sin City".

Reportedly, she/ they were removed by security from the venue.

One would think that if one or more rational people had been aware of the intention, they would be more inclined to share whatever information they had with LE instead of roaming a massive crowd, assuming a woman/ couple had done so.

Old 10-03-2017, 08:42 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,763,561 times
What's with all the people demanding that the Las Vegas shooter be called a "domestic terrorist" or a "white terrorist"? Have we changed the definition of terrorist now to include all mass killers, even those without any political motives?

Mark Kelly and Gabby Giffords call for tougher gun laws | Daily Mail Online

Old 10-03-2017, 08:42 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,244,094 times
WHAT? Some of the guns are said to be legally purchased.

Did/do you buy all of your guns at a gun shop? I say NO YOU DON'T. Doubtful he did either.

Old 10-03-2017, 08:43 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,899,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I'm glad to know this, because I really don't like saying things without knowing what I am talking about, but this new information really doesn't change my feelings much.

If and when suppressors do work, they could help a criminal get away with a crime. When they don't work, what's the point of having one, anyway?

I still don't see any good reason to make them more accessible. There are other forms of hearing protection for shooters, and from what you are telling me, they are much more effective.
The sporting usage of gun suppressors is to protect hearing which indeed can cause hearing damage if unprotected. Yeah you can wear headphones but it's not always practical - they are hot during the summer, you might not have time to put them on if hunting, they can fall off or slip if you are in competition shooting matches where movement is needed, headgear also inhibits the "cheek weld" also used for completion shooting. Less evasive ear plugs solve some of the above but they are also less effective. I wore ear plugs in an indoor range and my ear was ringing for days.

I really don't know why they would be illegal, it only helps the shooter really. The science of acoustics is so dependent on other factors - an un-silenced gun can be fired inside a house next door, or outside down the block, and depending on environmental factors one would not hear a thing, other times you would hear it from a mile away.

However, even if silencers were legal you would have to modify your weapon to allow it to screw on or attach to the muzzle in some way.

Old 10-03-2017, 08:44 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,730,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
WHAT? Some of the guns are said to be legally purchased.

Did/do you buy all of your guns at a gun shop? I say NO YOU DON'T. Doubtful he did either
That doesn't make them illegal. Is that what you're saying?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies