Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 12:14 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,078,433 times

Advertisements

Dude has been to so many places, he gets confused. Bet, it is all the languages in which he is fluent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I've been to Cannes, but I've never heard of Canne .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2017, 06:23 PM

57,410 posts, read 26,345,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Meh... Obama signed 46 bills into law in his first 200 days; Trump signed 44. And 13 of those laws rolled back a law that Obama passed.

Obama signed 14 laws his first 100 days; Trump signed 28.
Obama signed 1,122,000 words into law!

It will take a while to undo the damage done by Obama. Trump is working on it, though.
We are speaking about the courts where exactly was the damage, Citizens United.

Old 10-23-2017, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
So, I'm concerned about politicization, at this point. I take my chances with Scalia and Thomas law clerks being nominated and confirmed for the federal judiciary, district, circuit, supreme. It is all good. And as I had to remind your buddy evil cart, this conservative does not live in fear.

That is for progressives.
Name the decisions that need correcting over the last 8 years that caused all this concern with so called activist courts. One or two will suffice.

Old 10-24-2017, 04:14 AM

59,315 posts, read 27,487,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Executive orders are not bills and speaks volumes regarding his inability to work even within his own party to get legislation passed. I doubt that he even understands what he is signing most of the time, like the celebration over that pile of dirt passed in the house a few months back.
Did I say Executive Orders?

NO I did NOT.

Your poor attempt to distort what I said says volumes.

Your outright bias refuses you to accept ANY good news about Trump.

Or maybe you just have reading comprehension problem

Either way you are acting just like the LSM, make claims with NO FACTS to back it up.

Old 10-24-2017, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Did I say Executive Orders?

NO I did NOT.

Your poor attempt to distort what I said says volumes.

Your outright bias refuses you to accept ANY good news about Trump.

Or maybe you just have reading comprehension problem

Either way you are acting just like the LSM, make claims with NO FACTS to back it up.

So what were the significant bills that were on his agenda that he helped push through congress, what bill that he passed compares to any of the signed by past presidents. Maybe it's just quantity that matters, not substance.

Old 10-24-2017, 06:01 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,658,263 times
Quote:
"it's a shame that Trump is now attempting to politicize the courts well beyond any of his predecessors."

Surely you jest!

NO ONE has politicized the judicial process like the dems.

You truly ARE biased!
Pot, meet kettle

Why is it that conservatives try to claim that only their opposition is biased and that THEY themselves are completely objective and impartial......

Old 10-24-2017, 06:25 AM

59,315 posts, read 27,487,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So what were the significant bills that were on his agenda that he helped push through congress, what bill that he passed compares to any of the signed by past presidents. Maybe it's just quantity that matters, not substance.
Sorry you CAN'T change the dialogue ( it's called, moving the goalposts) AFTER you have been proven wrong.

You said Trump hasn't done ANYTHING, PERIOD. No qualifiers, etc.

I proved you WRONG. Period!

OBVIOUSLY you don't think any of those things Trump signed were "of substance"

Many of us do.

AS they say, "beauty is in the mind of the beholder"

Old 10-24-2017, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Sorry you CAN'T change the dialogue ( it's called, moving the goalposts) AFTER you have been proven wrong.

You said Trump hasn't done ANYTHING, PERIOD. No qualifiers, etc.

I proved you WRONG. Period!

OBVIOUSLY you don't think any of those things Trump signed were "of substance"

Many of us do.

AS they say, "beauty is in the mind of the beholder"
So he signed 28 bills, where was the ACA and the wall. Sounds desperate to be counting bills to make his first year meaningful. So which of those bills compares to something like the ACA, this isn't a sporting event where you keep score on total numbers.

Old 10-24-2017, 06:39 AM

Quote:
"it's a shame that Trump is now attempting to politicize the courts well beyond any of his predecessors."

Surely you jest!

NO ONE has politicized the judicial process like the dems.

You truly ARE biased!
The GOP wants to change the process that has been in place for decades and stack the court with conservative justices and your claiming that "the dems have politicized the process", now that's funny.

Old 10-24-2017, 06:39 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,892,192 times
When unions were actively participating in the Democratic Party... nobody complained... Citizens United is Karma...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies