Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 05:41 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,308,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
Trump basically always responds to critics. That is one of his core values. He has stayed true to himself as president.

What people are truly mad about is that his response is persuasive, not that he responds. Michael Moore isn't popular with the type of voters that swing elections so making fun of him is a good thing for Trump to do.
I'm not 'mad'. Not sure why you think anyone is?

I think Trump is a petty idiot who wastes time on stupid insults and non-issues.

Persuasive? Where do you guys come up with this stuff?

He is 'persuading' people is that he is petty and mean and immature. 70% of the country would like him to stop tweeting, so his tweets are pretty much not 'persuasive' except to impress people that he is behaving like a fool.

Fox News Poll: Voters say Trump's tweets hurting agenda | Fox News

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...bit/483995001/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2017, 05:41 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,593,358 times
Quote:
The country is always divided so that is just empty rhetoric. Obama didn't do anything to unite the country.

Most people either don't like Michael Moore or don't care about him, so the idea that the country has been divided over Trump's tweet about Moore doesn't make any sense.
I can't keep up with the way you constantly edit your posts. Say it the first time so I can respond.

Once again - point me to where I said the tweet specifically about MICHAEL MOORE was the cause of the country divided.

Another fallacy you project.

Trump is a fool. He's the president. He should have better things to do than watch Fox News, Morning Joe and the tabloids.

Old 10-29-2017, 05:42 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,439,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I'm not 'mad'. Not sure why you think anyone is?

I think Trump is a petty idiot who wastes time on stupid insults and non-issues.

Persuasive? Where do you guys come up with this stuff?

He is 'persuading' people is that he is petty and mean and immature. 70% of the country would like him to stop tweeting, so his tweets are pretty much not 'persuasive' except to impress people that he is behaving like a fool.

Fox News Poll: Voters say Trump's tweets hurting agenda | Fox News

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...bit/483995001/
How did those polls during the election work out?

If his tweets are hurting him, why do you want him to stop doing it? It seems to me that people know it helps him.

Old 10-29-2017, 05:45 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,304,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
You have a point. I for one didn't expect the unraveling of the Republic to be entertaining, but I find myself fascinated. Say what you want about a toddler with a shotgun, but he does have the undivided attention of the room.
Yes, but will he shoot the morons who gave him the gun? ...or will he shoot the innocent bystanders?

That’s what’s scary.

Old 10-29-2017, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I can't keep up with the way you constantly edit your posts. Say it the first time so I can respond.

Once again - point me to where I said the tweet specifically about MICHAEL MOORE was the cause of the country divided.

Another fallacy you project.

Trump is a fool. He's the president. He should have better things to do than watch Fox News, Morning Joe and the tabloids.
Ok. IF he's not getting anything done but tweeting at liberals like you like, what is the problem? You are making it seem as though he's a lame duck which should be considered a major win if true.

Do you really want him focused on building the wall and other things that he ran on that I assume you don't support?

Old 10-29-2017, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Obama did attack Rush, Fox News all the time. Rush played the audio clips of it.
So Obama derided them in the way Trump derides others? E.g., Corker, Sessions, Ahnuld, Moore, Cruz, Rubio, to name only a few. It is a very long list.

Or did Obama say that radio hosts such as Rush and Hannity contributed to partisan fighting and discord?

Trump totally acts like the schoolyard bully he is, who makes fun of anyone who doesn't agree with him.

Obama never did that.

Old 10-29-2017, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Ok. IF he's not getting anything done but tweeting at liberals like you like, what is the problem? You are making it seem as though he's a lame duck which should be considered a major win if true.

Do you really want him focused on building the wall and other things that he ran on that I assume you don't support?
At this point, most would be happy if he simply behaved like a sane mature adult, never mind presidential.

Old 10-29-2017, 05:48 PM

Quote:
So Obama derided them in the way Trump derides others? E.g., Corker, Sessions, Ahnuld, Moore, Cruz, Rubio, to name only a few. It is a very long list.

Or did Obama say that radio hosts such as Rush and Hannity contributed to partisan fighting and discord?

Trump totally acts like the schoolyard bully he is, who makes fun of anyone who doesn't agree with him.

Obama never did that.
Ok,, have you ever criticized OBama for anything? Obama never contributed to partisan discord?

I don't think any liberal really had a problem with Trump going after Cruz, Rubio and other conservatives. I see liberals pretending to love Romney now but 4 years ago BIden was telling a black audience that Romney wanted to put them in chains and Obama's campaign demonized him like crazy. Trump's never accused Romney of being a racist or heartless evil person.

Old 10-29-2017, 05:51 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,538,611 times
Quote:
Well, if he was, in fact, aware which is doubtful, he seemed to be making it very low priority after the Broadway show. Why wouldn't he have commented on something more important?
Implies the man has cognitive reasoning skills not evidenced by behavior to date.

Old 10-29-2017, 05:53 PM

Quote:
At this point, most would be happy if he simply behaved like a sane mature adult, never mind presidential.
He would be well advised to do things that his voters like rather than his critics like you.

Democrats aren't used to a Republican that responds to their smears and insults, and has fun with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies