Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 04:48 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,349,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Trump is now working up a tweet-storm aimed at Michael Moore, who had a limited engagement one-man show on Broadway.
Here's the thing:
First, there's Trump's lie that it was forced to close. No. It always had an end-date. Moore is, after all, not an actor.
But the main point is that Moore's show has been running for several months - but Trump waited until after it closed to comment. Because he knew very well that for anything he said, Moore would likely incorporate it into the show. And he was too chicken to risk that. My only surprise is that he didn't stoop to the usual low-level taunts about Moore's appearance.
Michael Moore fires back after Trump claimed his show was 'forced to close' | TheHill
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.8c20340b051d
Yet no one who has attacked President Trump is in the news about showing their own cowardice....
Quite a hypocritical double standard.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2017, 06:30 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,585,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
Ok. IF he's not getting anything done but tweeting at liberals like you like, what is the problem? You are making it seem as though he's a lame duck which should be considered a major win if true.

Do you really want him focused on building the wall and other things that he ran on that I assume you don't support?
I'm fine with the wall. As long as Mexico pays for it.

Quote:
Ok,, have you ever criticized OBama for anything? Obama never contributed to partisan discord?
Obama, Obama! What does Obama have to do with Trump's inane tweets? His own party says he's 'debasing the office' and they are correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Re the bolded........do a search for 'president stompy feet' and/or 'president stompy foot'.

The only POTUS name that comes up every time I have done either of those searches in the past is Obama's.
Srsly? No.

Quote:
Bll Clinton, Hillary Clinton, Obama have attacked Republicans, conservatives while in the White House. You are just doing propaganda.

Are you proud of the way Bill Clinton handled himself in the White House? Are you proud of Obama's IRS targeting the Tea Party groups? But Trump sending out a cheeky tweet to Michael Moore is a big scandal in your world?

Bill Clinton tried to blame Rush Limbaugh for the Oklahoma City bombing. Is this the decency of past presidents that you admire so much?
Hahahaha! BILL CLINTON. HILLARY CLINTON. OBAMA. Deflection is all you've got.

I didn't vote for Bill Clinton so peddle your Clinton deflection elsewhere.

Old 10-30-2017, 06:44 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,842,017 times
Breaking News: 2 aging blowhards, exchanging nasties on Twitter, like middle school drama queens

Old 10-30-2017, 05:13 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,156,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I cannot figure out why Trump would go off on Michael Moore about a Broadway show when he is in the middle of many more serious issues. He really does have acute ADD or is simply nuts.
And why someone like Moore, who is going to respond with a knife twist?
"..Moore went on to rip Trump, saying he is not aware that a "U.S. service member was killed & 6 injured in our never-ending war in Afghanistan."
I think that, first, it's yet another clear instance of Trump's pettiness and his crazed grudge-holding. And, second, Trump has no ability to focus on anything serious - it's not as if he'll read serious policy papers as Clinton or Obama did - so this is the kind of shallow thing that catches his attention.

It kind of shows Trump's stupidity to tangle with people that can fire back better than he can. And, Michael Moore, in particular, has grounding in both being funny and factual, unlike Trump.

Old 10-30-2017, 05:34 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,209,809 times
Quote:
I think that, first, it's yet another clear instance of Trump's pettiness and his crazed grudge-holding. And, second, Trump has no ability to focus on anything serious - it's not as if he'll read serious policy papers as Clinton or Obama did - so this is the kind of shallow thing that catches his attention.

It kind of shows Trump's stupidity to tangle with people that can fire back better than he can. And, Michael Moore, in particular, has grounding in both being funny and factual, unlike Trump.
I agree with this. I read the exchange and to normal people Trump comes off like a very petty liar, who isn't too bright getting schooled by Moore. The thing is, it just doesn't matter to those who worship him. The Trump suppoters get their panties all in a bunch whenever there is any criticism directed at their dear leader. They will defend, and double down on their support even when he does the stupidest ****. There is just no way to get through to these people.

Old 10-30-2017, 10:32 PM

32,147 posts, read 15,140,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Bottom line, Trump has the right to defend himself and it's his defending himself against liberal attackers that liberals don't like. It's actually liberals who are bullies because they want to attack but don't want response from their target, they just expect to kick their target and demand the target stay down. They are not used to their target defending themselves. They don't know how to handle someone who fights back and that's one of the reason's they've been freaking out since the election.

You don't like it and that's your problem.
The fact is, don't be president if you can't act like one. He's make a mockery of the office. Every president gets attacked, so what. They let it slide because there are more important issues our country has to deal with. Do you know we spend more time talking about Trump's stupid tweets about himself than on anything else. I'm sorry he gets his feelings hurt but that's his problem. I don't care, deal with it or get out.

Old 10-30-2017, 11:12 PM

4,484 posts, read 3,838,832 times
Funny seeing the liberals trying to defend that fat pig Michael Moore. He needs to go on a diet.

Old 10-31-2017, 05:42 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,156,056 times
Quote:
Trump basically always responds to critics. That is one of his core values. He has stayed true to himself as president.
What people are truly mad about is that his response is persuasive, not that he responds. Michael Moore isn't popular with the type of voters that swing elections so making fun of him is a good thing for Trump to do.
No, what bothers people about Trump's tweets is the demonstration of such pettiness, such vanity, and the way he is prey to every passing inconsequential comment.

His responses aren't persuasive. How could they be? His writing is at the level of an elementary school child, and often peppered with lies.

Old 11-03-2017, 11:32 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,388,990 times
Quote:
That's because you are not a conservative. I don't think a single humorous tweet by Trump indicates he is dwelling on Michael Moore a lot.
What else does he have better to do?

Quote:
It is funny how Trump simply responding to people who have harshly attacked him is described as attacking. Freedom of speech is a two way street.
Freedom of speech protects the people from the government. Not the other way around.

Old 11-05-2017, 05:41 AM

6,612 posts, read 3,686,733 times
Quote:
No, what bothers people about Trump's tweets is the demonstration of such pettiness, such vanity, and the way he is prey to every passing inconsequential comment.

His responses aren't persuasive. How could they be? His writing is at the level of an elementary school child, and often peppered with lies.
Yes, he is completely childish, exhibited by tweets or anything else he does. Anything he reads aloud is constructed by others, which he cannot even pull off when reading. He is incapable of functioning as an adult which those in other countries apparently discover after meeting him. He is consumed by every perceived slight, then "fighting back" by slamming others, being all he does and this is the most ridiculous situation ever having existed in the W H. I don't know why some cannot see it, though most can. It's hard to imagine there being anyone else like him, he must be a rarity.. thankfully.

He has been shown as he is, due to having gotten into this position and is now able to be more widely seen and scrutinized. I have felt that the reason this even occurred (in the bigger scheme of things), was so that he would ultimately be fully exposed for the abomination he is, which he would not have been as entirely, if having otherwise remained in his tower.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies