Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 05:55 PM

47,091 posts, read 26,210,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
Ok. IF he's not getting anything done but tweeting at liberals like you like, what is the problem?
Ehm - the Chief Executive has a job to carry out. A difficult, nerdy, fact-heavy, mentally straining job. Trump is not up to it, so who is making the decisions? Mr. & Mrs. Daddy's Little Girl? Pence? Some unelected staff member? Or are decisions just not being made?

As regards foreign policy, Merkel has already taken charge of the NATO/EU area's foreign policy and while I don't agree with her in every particular, she's at least rational, not given to impulsive decisions, and ready to flip Russia the bird if needs be.

I have no idea who's formulating Mid-East policy, but having watched the Saudi/Qatar idiocy, it's clearly way over D2S' head. I don't want to think about Asia, much less Africa.

That's the problem. And a year of "Durr-hurr, silly liberals, we won!" has done precious little to solve that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2017, 05:56 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,474,441 times
SO when Obama did March Madness brackets on ESPN, was that vital for the country?

I don't see what is rational about allowing your country to be flooded by immigrants from countries that have a lot of Islamic radicalism, as Merkel has allowed in Germany. She's putting her citizens in great danger.

If Obama was doing a great job on foreign policy, explain Libya/ Benghanzi, North Korea, giving a pile of money to Iran, a state sponsor of terrorism, including cash for hostages, Venzeula, giving 20 percent of our uranium to Russia, etc. Explain the growth of ISIS during the Obama years. I read this weak that ISIS had taken major defeats in Syria.

Old 10-29-2017, 06:01 PM

34,272 posts, read 17,347,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
Trump basically always responds to critics. That is one of his core values. He has stayed true to himself as president.

What people are truly mad about is that his response is persuasive, not that he responds. Michael Moore isn't popular with the type of voters that swing elections so making fun of him is a good thing for Trump to do.

Old 10-29-2017, 06:03 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,221,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Trump is now working up a tweet-storm aimed at Michael Moore, who had a limited engagement one-man show on Broadway.

Here's the thing:

First, there's Trump's lie that it was forced to close. No. It always had an end-date. Moore is, after all, not an actor.

But the main point is that Moore's show has been running for several months - but Trump waited until after it closed to comment. Because he knew very well that for anything he said, Moore would likely incorporate it into the show. And he was too chicken to risk that. My only surprise is that he didn't stoop to the usual low-level taunts about Moore's appearance.

Michael Moore fires back after Trump claimed his show was 'forced to close' | TheHill

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.8c20340b051d
and you are what, a Michael Moore supporter? What difference does what Trump is tweeting about all this makes a difference to any of us? Michael seems to be able to stand up for himself and why does this mean Trump is a coward? I do think it is silly of Trump, but does not mean, in any way he is a coward.

Old 10-29-2017, 06:03 PM

34,272 posts, read 17,347,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Campaigning and governing are two different things.
When you win as President Trump did, you go from the first to the last.

When you lose, this is the result:

https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...x=0&ajaxhist=0

Old 10-29-2017, 06:06 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,222,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Moore is not used to someone who will fight back.

He's gonna lose. Bigly.

Moore's a phony and he knows it. He grew up fairly well off, but he would just as soon folks bought the "working class" nonsense.
Trump will win this one, too.

Surprising facts about the filmmaker Michael Moore, from the book ”Do As I Say (Not As I Do)” — News of Interest.TV
I'm not even a Moore fan but that's a definite twisting of the facts. I grew up in MI. Davison is hardly affluent. His father worked on the asembly line. It's common practice for people to say they grew up in Detroit or Flint when they actually grew up in the surrounding area. In MI it's usually a racial divide but the suburbs are still working class.

I grew up in a working class family and went to what could be called "private Catholic school." This is nothing like what most people consider "private" school. These schools were highly subsidized by the churches and cost to parents was minimal. Most of these schools closed by the 90s, they became too expensive to run.

Old 10-29-2017, 06:06 PM

33,526 posts, read 12,767,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Did Obama criticize Fox News on a daily basis, call them out at press conferences; call them liars and threaten to pull their broadcasting license?

Did he constantly tweet insults at Mitt Romney who he beat handily ever AFTER the election was over?

Did he tweet out insults at members of his own and the opposite party?

No. He did not. He was, at the very least, a grown-up.

Trump is a narcissistic man-child who is incapable of seeing beyond his own ego.

But you keep right on defending his every action.

Re the bolded........do a search for 'president stompy feet' and/or 'president stompy foot'.

The only POTUS name that comes up every time I have done either of those searches in the past is Obama's.

Old 10-29-2017, 06:08 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,387,318 times
Moore is an idiot who needs to go back to his home country and leave Americans alone.

Old 10-29-2017, 06:09 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,387,318 times
I love that he goes after these idiots! Go Trump!

Old 10-29-2017, 06:12 PM

20,358 posts, read 9,226,346 times
If the show was good they would have extended it. Fatboy loses again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies