Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2017, 01:02 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,915,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
While completely ignoring the facts of the matter.
If Trump really wanted to hire American citizens, he could make his company offer a better package for the workers, yes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2017, 02:41 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,227,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
How does paying $11.88 an hour result in $3.71 an hour?
Try the mathematical gift of "division"... and consider what is a split shift and how the time in-between is technically not economically usable. She did a very good jobs of explaining herself, but as with much, it does require "thinking" to truly get the benefits of comprehension.

Old 11-04-2017, 04:00 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,446,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
This ad was designed to discourage American workers from applying because they want cheap labor from overseas and everyone knows it. And the apologists are simply attempting to make excuses for this obvious recruitment of foreign workers who will work for slave wages in poor conditions--any other excuses are BS. Split shifts are a great way to discourage anyone who has to drive to work then home then back to work in one day. Pretty much precludes having a life or family.

These are the same Trump culters who claim that by hiring foreign construction workers or any other kind of laborer "depresses" wages. The hypocrisy is that Trump wants to cut the H1-B visas for skilled workers and expand the H2-B visas for cheap unskilled labor so Trump and his fellow wealthy business owners can hire the cheap workers.

Trump doubled the membership fees for Maralago this year to take advantage of pay to play at the "Winter White House," but is not passing on his self-enriching profits to the employees.

The fact is that business owners in the US do NOT WANT to pay a fair wage that people could actually live on, or give them health insurance or other benefits. Trump's ad requires all kinds of experience and offers crap pay.

[/i] [ [/b]
Please name any industry that pays employees a full years worth of wages for working only some months during the year. I'm not aware of any either in public or private industry.

For example, the IRS (and places like H&R Block) hire thousands of seasonal employees to work 4-6 months during tax season. They pay these employees from the same wage scale they are paying their full time permanent employees who will still be on payroll after tax season ends. They don't pay them more because they are only working part year.

Then we have retailers who hire temporary seasonal employees for the Xmas season. These employees are paid the same hourly salary as permanent employees. Not more because they are only working 2-3 months of the year.

So pray do tell what businesses pay seasonal employees a full years salary to work seasonally?

Old 11-04-2017, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Yep. He's a billionaire, or so he tells us. He certainly could put his money where his mouth is and show us how MAGA is done, by providing AMERICANS with jobs in his hotels.

But he won't, because to him, MAGA is just a slogan to excite the dupes. He really doesn't care about America. He cares about money. Period.

Here he is, in the perfect position to lead by example, and instead he imports cheap foreign labor.

And the cult, mindless dupes that they are, cheer.
No, the left mindless people that they are expect businesses to be charities.

Old 11-04-2017, 04:03 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
No, the left mindless people that they are expect businesses to be charities.
We expect Trump to walk his talk.

Old 11-04-2017, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Trump is married to an illegal, hires cheapo Visa immigrants to staff his properties, and makes all his crap abroad.

But the cult thinks he's "America First". Can you say mass cult delusion?
I guess you forgot about all the hotels where he hires Americans.

Old 11-04-2017, 04:27 PM

Quote:
We expect Trump to walk his talk.
Curious, do you pay people for work they don't do?

Old 11-04-2017, 04:38 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Curious, do you pay people for work they don't do?
So you don't care if Trump gives lip service to wanting to bring jobs back to America, and claiming that he wants to make sure that Americans are getting the jobs here in America, while at the same time he manufactures all his goods overseas and imports foreign workers?

See...that is the exact opposite of "walking your talk."

Old 11-04-2017, 04:41 PM

Quote:
So you don't care if Trump gives lip service to wanting to bring jobs back to America, and claiming that he wants to make sure that Americans are getting the jobs here in America, while at the same time he manufactures all his goods overseas and imports foreign workers?

See...that is the exact opposite of "walking your talk."
Please answer my question. Then I will answer yours.

Old 11-04-2017, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
if some of you have some experience cleaning and doing other unskilled labor you should apply for a job there. I doubt many would be hired.
Well, I have lots of experience cleaning my own home.

But, I currently live in Central FL and the going rate is around $30 or more/hr to clean a home. I assume it is more in Palm Beach County which is next door, to the south and the wealthiest county in FL.

So........if I wanted to clean something for a living(which will never happen), I would be cleaning private residences rather than applying at Mar-A-Lago.

Actually, it would be the height of stupidity for anyone to be cleaning hotels when they could make double or triple cleaning private residences anywhere in FL. So, Americans applying for cleaning jobs at Mar-A-Lago are either people who lack initiative or are simply too stupid to be hired. Which is exactly what you get in a situation where the unemployment rate is less than 5%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies