Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2017, 11:31 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
When a business, which is in business to make money, hires people who can get the job done at a lower rate than those at a higher rate, they stay in business. I know, who would have thought that right? So if the higher paid workers are hired, which hurts the bottom line, then that business could go bankrupt and many Americans loose jobs.

Trump, like any business person, said he can't afford to have his companies in America as well as higher without the visas and still make the money he wants to make. Not many in business stay in business just to break even.

We do need less visas, although in some cases, which this one could be, when it's seasonal, good help is harder to find.
The idea is to make the business climate better. Lower the cost of doing business in America and the jobs will come back. It's basic economics.
So when a company needs ot make money it is okay to go out of the country to find workers who will work for less than market wage.

Oh -- you see I heard differently during the campaign and even afterwars. I heard those temporary workers willing to work for less were taking all the American jobs....and we need all our American jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2017, 11:37 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So when a company needs ot make money it is okay to go out of the country to find workers who will work for less than market wage.

Oh -- you see I heard differently during the campaign and even afterwars. I heard those temporary workers willing to work for less were taking all the American jobs....and we need all our American jobs.
The true hallmark of a cultist is their unwavering ability to believe every word Trump says, and at the same time, believe none of what he says should ever apply to him.

You have to be really brainwashed to argue that kind of paradox with the sincerity they bring to the effort.

Old 11-04-2017, 11:50 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcatp View Post
Was this not the ad that listed you had to fax your resume to Mar-a-Lago and then the fax line was disconnected?
This ad was designed to discourage American workers from applying because they want cheap labor from overseas and everyone knows it. And the apologists are simply attempting to make excuses for this obvious recruitment of foreign workers who will work for slave wages in poor conditions--any other excuses are BS. Split shifts are a great way to discourage anyone who has to drive to work then home then back to work in one day. Pretty much precludes having a life or family.

These are the same Trump culters who claim that by hiring foreign construction workers or any other kind of laborer "depresses" wages. The hypocrisy is that Trump wants to cut the H1-B visas for skilled workers and expand the H2-B visas for cheap unskilled labor so Trump and his fellow wealthy business owners can hire the cheap workers.

Trump doubled the membership fees for Maralago this year to take advantage of pay to play at the "Winter White House," but is not passing on his self-enriching profits to the employees.

The fact is that business owners in the US do NOT WANT to pay a fair wage that people could actually live on, or give them health insurance or other benefits. Trump's ad requires all kinds of experience and offers crap pay.

That's why this corporate tax cut is such a freaking joke. It will never reach the workers--it will only help guys like Trump keep more of their profits and enrich themselves, the board, the execs.

"...The ad gave no email address or phone number. “Apply by fax,” it said. The ad also provided a mailing address. It ran twice, then never again...

This was an underwhelming way to attract local job-seekers. But that wasn’t the point. The ads were actually part of Mar-a-Lago’s efforts to hire foreign workers for those 35 jobs...

About a week before the ads ran, the president’s club asked the Labor Department for permission to hire 70 temporary workers from overseas, government records show. Beside the 35 waiters, it asked for 20 cooks and 15 housekeepers, slightly more than it hired last year...

..Officials at Mar-a-Lago and at the Trump Organization did not respond to questions for this article. Neither did a White House spokeswoman...

...In the past, Trump’s club has followed the same pattern of searching for – and not hiring – American workers. Two years ago, for instance, Jeannie Coleman, who lives in nearby West Palm Beach, applied for a job as a housekeeper. Mar-a-Lago called back. She had an interview. Then: nothing...

“I was very disappointed. At that time, I really needed a job,” said Coleman, now 50, who works at a clothing store. “I had the qualifications. The interview went great. But they never even did the common courtesy to call me and tell me why I wasn’t hired.”...

"...In April, he signed an executive order under that slogan in an effort "to create higher wages and employment rates for workers in the United States."

Old 11-04-2017, 12:00 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Personally, I'm not against foreign workers.

But I didn't just run a 2 year long divisive campaign on this issue and get elected for it, either.

The point being made in this thread is very clear. Trump doesn't walk the walk when push comes to shove. Not that this is surprising based on past behaviors of his companies.
He ran a 2 year long campaign separating ILLEGALS from LEGALS..

and in two years.. you STILL dont know the difference.

its actually sad

Old 11-04-2017, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
It's legal for a US company to close it's factories in the USA and move to China and Mexico, are you ok with that, sure seems like it, because it's legal.
it is perfectly legal, what laws did Obama propose to change any of this?

Old 11-04-2017, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
" Can't do" is not the same as won't do, given the wage being offered for split shift work that precludes the worker from holding down multiple jobs. How many US workers can afford a car at the effective wage of $3 and change an hour?
So americans are now TOO STUPID to clean toilets..

Is that really where you want to dumb down your position to?

Old 11-04-2017, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Why yes, and his name is Donald J trump. "America First" except when his business can save $$$$ by importing foreigners when Americans would be happy to fill these jobs at his precious Mar A Lago.
Then SUPPORT CHANGING THE LAW.. which I'm all for.. but thats not what you liberals have done for the last decade.. running around proclaiming people are racist for wanting to stop illegals, (and now LEGALS) from coming here.

Are the left now suddenly racist?

Old 11-04-2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Hospitality is an industry that lacks qualified Americans?
Thats the argument the left has been making for a decade now to justify allowing illegals to continue to come to the nation

Old 11-04-2017, 12:10 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,915,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
He ran a 2 year long campaign separating ILLEGALS from LEGALS..

and in two years.. you STILL dont know the difference.

its actually sad
You weren't paying attention if you really believe the above:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...system-n788816

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/08/0...migration.html

Trump says he wants immigrants 'who speak English' and won't 'collect welfare'

'Drug dealers, criminals, rapists': What Trump thinks of Mexicans - BBC News

https://blogs.wsj.com/indiarealtime/...er-visa-rules/

https://www.theverge.com/platform/am...tion-h1b-visas

https://www.washingtonpost.com/ampht...on-h-1b-visas/

Old 11-04-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Its absolutely ok.. just like you guys are ok hiring illegals here because americans wont do the jobs..

or so thats your lie..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies