Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 10:58 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times

Advertisements

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/chinese-us...opstories.html

This is why Trump was elected. The man can make a deal.

If Hillary or Obama were in charge, we would likely have nothing done other than more appeasement, which hasn't worked dating back to the Clinton presidency.

OK liberals, fire away. We know this is really an offshoot of Obama's work over the past 8 years, right. It has nothing to do with Trump's tough talk and new policy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2017, 11:03 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/chinese-us...opstories.html

This is why Trump was elected. The man can make a deal.

If Hillary or Obama were in charge, we would likely have nothing done other than more appeasement, which hasn't worked dating back to the Clinton presidency.
He was elected because he said he was going to get tough on China, but instead we see him appeasing China.

Old 11-09-2017, 11:04 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He was elected because he said he was going to get tough on China, but instead we see him appeasing China.
Whatever keeps us out of nuclear war. If it takes concessions to China to prevent WW3, I'm all for it.

Old 11-09-2017, 11:05 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
It's nice to finally have a president that the rest of the world actually respects. After 8 years of the apologist in chief I was afraid we'd never see that again.

Old 11-09-2017, 11:07 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,343,474 times
Trump was elected to bring us to the brink of nuclear war, while ceding all global leadership to China?

I guess if you're a Russian bot, yeah, that is a good reason to elect Donald.

Old 11-09-2017, 11:08 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Whatever keeps us out of nuclear war. If it takes concessions to China to prevent WW3, I'm all for it.
There isn't going to be any nuclear war, unless Trump starts one. NK has a long history of talking trash. This is the first time we have a president who dances to that music.

Old 11-09-2017, 11:08 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,148,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
It's nice to finally have a president that the rest of the world actually respects. After 8 years of the apologist in chief I was afraid we'd never see that again.
I just can't, the delusions are amazing.

Nobody really likes trump. He is really comical relief for everyone

Old 11-09-2017, 11:09 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,343,474 times
Quote:
LOL! If this isn't satire I am truly sorry you have such a wildly distorted, bizzaroland worldview. Up is Down, Right is Left, and White is Black. Have you ever left your hometown?

As someone born in another country, and who lives in Europe part of the year, I can assure you that Trump is mocked and hated around the world. The entire planet is befuddled that the greatest country on earth could elect a lifelong grifter and the ridiculous host of Celebrity Apprentice to the most important position in the globe.

Old 11-09-2017, 11:09 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,148,549 times
China is playing the US.

They aren't going to do anything as they always have. They can say whatever to Cheetoh

Old 11-09-2017, 11:10 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
They respect him -- really?

Why do you think North Korea has been toying with him? Ridiculous....

Somehow when other Presidents use diplomacy to avoid nuclear war they are failing according to Trump but when he discovers the benefits of diplomacy and how we can avoid war -- it's like a whole new revelation.

It's really funny.

No tough deals on trade with China & a whole lot of smack talk for months only to end up doing what should have been done day one -- diplomacy.

If this was a Democratic President -- you Trump fans would be ashamed embarassed becuase of the lack of action and the use of diplomacy.

I'm glad Trump is learning as he goes. I couldn't believe it when he was implying we would go to war with North Korea -- and glad to see he was just a whole lot hot air and ego blasting....and that he has realized a better solution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies