Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2017, 08:59 PM

30,181 posts, read 11,815,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I wonder how many voters watched
this body language expert's video about the redhead yearbook waitress.
The vote is over, you lost. It does not matter if you think Moore should have won the election. A majority in Alabama disagreed.

I said all along to halt the vote and get a new candidate. But here we are.

Old 12-12-2017, 08:59 PM

46,972 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
For those like you that breathlessly rush to post up the newest Moore "outrage of the day" why the hell do you care?
First off, you can't vote there, your voices mean nothing except to show how insane people deal with/react to things they have no control over...
Good point. I think I'll stop caring about Moore immediately after he officially concedes. That's fair, right?

Old 12-12-2017, 09:01 PM

5,342 posts, read 4,431,797 times
The accusations against Roy Moore will continue and even more will come out against him. I fully expect that criminal and/or civil charges will soon be brought against Moore by all the women that have accused him of these atrocities.

Yep, I sure do.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 12-12-2017, 09:06 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,403,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
The accusations against Roy Moore will continue and even more will come out against him. I fully expect that criminal and/or civil charges will soon be brought against Moore by all the women that have accused him of these atrocities.

Yep, I sure do.
No, Statute of Limitations issues prohibit such actions. However, if Moore feels strongly enough he can waive the SOL. Will he do that? Don't hold your breathe.

Old 12-12-2017, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
No, Statute of Limitations issues prohibit such actions. However, if Moore feels strongly enough he can waive the SOL. Will he do that? Don't hold your breathe.
Nope. No Statute of Limitations in Alabama for rape or sexual assault.

See here.

Old 12-12-2017, 10:05 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,360,489 times
Quote:
Nope. No Statute of Limitations in Alabama for rape or sexual assault.

See here.
You are correct Ginnie but I don't think you will find any prosecutor willing to bring the charge with the amount of time involved. "Beyond a reasonable doubt" is still the need. Very, very difficult after that many years.

Civil suits might have a better shot with their lesser standard.

Old 12-12-2017, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
You are correct Ginnie but I don't think you will find any prosecutor willing to bring the charge with the amount of time involved. "Beyond a reasonable doubt" is still the need. Very, very difficult after that many years.

Civil suits might have a better shot with their lesser standard.
That is true but, after all this brouhaha I would want my voice to be heard above simple allegations. Moore not winning the election would not be enough. If I went through all of that in the media I would want to follow through if I truly believed I was assaulted.

A civil suit might be better though. After all, I would have to pay off Gloria Allred for all of her "advice."

Old 12-12-2017, 10:59 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,598,889 times
Thank you Alabama. Roll Tide! You did it. Close, but you did it. Pedophiles should never be running for any party. Homophobes should never be running for any party. Misogynists should never be running for any party. If a Republican supported by Trump can't win in Alabama, guess what that means for 2018.

Old 12-12-2017, 11:13 PM

46,972 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
That is true but, after all this brouhaha I would want my voice to be heard above simple allegations. Moore not winning the election would not be enough. If I went through all of that in the media I would want to follow through if I truly believed I was assaulted.

A civil suit might be better though. After all, I would have to pay off Gloria Allred for all of her "advice."
Moore's followers have already been encouraging him to sue the accusers for defamation. Of course, that would involve this here legal concept of "discovery", and I rather doubt he's up for that.

Old 12-13-2017, 02:22 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
I'll be watching for the apologies from the many that demeaned the people of Alabama. I believe I was the only one to note that I believed they would do the right thing.

There is a much bigger lesson here. This race is exactly like the presidential race was. Strange would have won for the GOP if he had been in the race as opposed to Moore just the same as Sanders would have beat Trump.

It's good to see that once again the people are saying there is a limit. I see a very negative side to this also though. The corrupt war mongering wall street side of the (D) party is going to believe they can win by default. Here's to hoping a decent candidate is able to oust Trump on the (R) side and the Obama/Clinton side of the (D) party takes another beat down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies