Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2017, 12:35 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,092,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Jeff Flake is a liberal? Lol.

This just gives us insight into how warped your mind has become.
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...rticle1086586/

They're all one and the same.

Old 12-13-2017, 12:42 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,590,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
An open borders illegal alien loving, "never Trump" flimsy TRAITOR? YES, he is absolutely a liberal.
So if you do not blindly subscribe to extreme Bannonist insanity but use your mind to advance fiscal conservatism and family values, you are a liberal? Interesting. To a thinking person, this sounds totally irrational, but I suppose in the warped, tribal mind of a simpleton, it makes perfect sense.

If anything, Bannonists are RINOs who are trying to co-opt a once-great party.

Old 12-13-2017, 12:45 PM

2,274 posts, read 1,340,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
So if you do not blindly subscribe to extreme Bannonist insanity but use your mind to advance fiscal conservatism and family values, you are a liberal? Interesting. To a thinking person, this sounds totally irrational, but I suppose in the warped, tribal mind of a simpleton, it makes perfect sense.

If anything, Bannonists are RINOs who are trying to co-opt a once-great party.
I love this Bannon style rhetoric. I think it would be great to live in a country with 75% liberals and 25% alt right Bannon style racists.

Not even the slavery based electoral college can help with that math.

Old 12-13-2017, 12:56 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,101,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
I love this Bannon style rhetoric. I think it would be great to live in a country with 75% liberals and 25% alt right Bannon style racists.

Not even the slavery based electoral college can help with that math.
Even better would be 40% center left, 40% center right, with the rest being Bannonites, antifas, and other assorted wingnuts just for laughs.

Old 12-13-2017, 01:39 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Even better would be 40% center left, 40% center right, with the rest being Bannonites, antifas, and other assorted wingnuts just for laughs.
That's probably close to what we have and things are a mess. Wars, debt up to our eyeballs, people at each others throats.

Old 12-13-2017, 01:46 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,101,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That's probably close to what we have and things are a mess. Wars, debt up to our eyeballs, people at each others throats.
You think we have 40% that could be considered center right? I would put that figure at about 20%. Center left maybe 30%. And it goes downhill rapidly from there. The fact is there is not much of a "sensible center" in this country right now.

Old 12-13-2017, 01:51 PM

5,252 posts, read 4,679,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas75 View Post
My guess is that Moore is going to win, regardless of what the polls are suggesting. Trump has pretty much said that Moore's alleged improprieties happened long ago (if they really took place at all), and he doesn't need another liberal Democrat in the Senate undermining his agenda. The days of red states voting for Democrats are over as the party keeps going further left, and Alabama is among the reddest states in the nation.

Unfortunately for Alabama and similar more conservative Southern states, they are likely to be on the receiving end of a lot of derogatory criticism from "coastal elites" after this election is done. Just because people vote for a candidate doesn't mean they necessarily share all his views and approve of his conduct. But the opposing party (i.e. Democrats) isn't going to take over a seat when their platform is so antithetical to what the majority of local voters believe in.
Well, looking at the American voter with any ironclad predictability is just simple minded bias and little else. Thanks to the good people of Alabama we can now realize the unfairness of stereotyping all southerners as under the spell....

Old 12-13-2017, 05:03 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
yah. Back in the day when being LAZY was a way of life for the Roy Moores' of this land.

Lazy is as lazy does...alot easier to get a child to go along with his sexual advances than a grown woman..
what did his minister say " there were nt any grown women around 40 years ago so he didnt have a choice "

He should be counting his lucky stars and praying to his god that he doesnt end up in prison.

You know what they do in there to child molestors ??!!
They do alot more to cast THEIR vote then punch a ballot. Last nights vote would have been a landslide there, for sure. Yet in Bama, only 50 %. Still alot of educating to be done there.
An old wives tale to be honest with you at least according to several DOC guards I know as well as ex-convicts. <bold>

Sex offenders are segregated in prison and for the most part nothing happens to them other than they do their time. They are never put in Genpop, that's tv and movie B.S.. There's enough gang violence without adding more to the mix.

Now there are some that get taken care of by other Sex Offenders, those that abuse (sex abuse,physical abuse,mental abuse,murder) little kids generally <5 yrs old are pretty much not tolerated by anyone no matter what their offense or they are put in solitary protective custody...

If Moore were to be put in prison he'd survive and just be doing time like everyone else but that's not going to happen...

Old 12-13-2017, 07:37 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,398,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
If Moore were to be put in prison he'd survive and just be doing time like everyone else but that's not going to happen...
but what did he do wrong, he tried to kiss a girl over 30 years ago. (1) i dont think kissing illegal (2) limitation was over years ago

Old 12-14-2017, 07:09 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
but what did he do wrong, he tried to kiss a girl over 30 years ago. (1) i dont think kissing illegal (2) limitation was over years ago
I didn't say it was or wasn't, those accusations had no bearing on my personal opinion of him. His comments and actions while in various offices are what I judged him on...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies