Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2017, 12:18 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,341,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
If they can defend that, they can defend anything.

It doesn't really matter whether from an evangelical mindset or family values, they defend their guys because politics is a team sport. Check the mind at the door and hoist the banner.
This.

People are nuts.

10,098 posts, read 4,083,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I never heard that Bill Clinton, Charlie Weinstein, and Louis CK were big bible thumpers.
Or Kevin Spacey, or Brett Rattner...or Anthony Weiner.

In fact, lately it has been a wave of marxists/Hollywood creepos getting exposed.

10,275 posts, read 10,327,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I never heard that Bill Clinton, Charlie Weinstein, and Louis CK were big bible thumpers.
Who is Charlie Weinstein, what does Louis CK have to do with anything political, and what makes Bill Clinton a "pervert"?

Old 11-10-2017, 12:20 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,327,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
In fact, lately it has been a wave of marxists/Hollywood creepos getting exposed.
Trump is a Marxist? He's certainly a Hollywood creepo who likes to "grab em in the p----" but this is the first time I've heard someone call him a Marxist.

Old 11-10-2017, 12:22 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,889,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBaldBlur View Post
You're being intellectually dishonest to reach a conclusion based on nothing more than baseless assertions. You believe what you choose; I'll believe what I know.

Nope I have given you my reasons for my opinion and why I find the accusations credible. Your justification for your opinions lacked any detail other than you claim "to know the truth"

Old 11-10-2017, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
People chose to ignore those accusations when they voted for President Trump, and there are certainly Moore supporters who will also choose to ignore these women.

I think that that is beside the point for these women. The people (because there are young men saying "Me, too") coming out and telling their stories are doing so to unburden themselves. Not to affect political races but to effect social change. Our society needs to change. We need to respect each other. And that means people in power need to respect people who don't have power. The abuse needs to stop. In many ways, that's part of Trump's message, isn't it? Draining the swamp is about getting rid of the people who take advantage of the little guy, who abuse their power. Women and some men are telling their stories about how a man who had power over them took advantage of them. And letting the chips fall where they may.
At least you don't deny that big guys at the top of NBC/MSNBC had the Trump tape far in advance and waited until the moment when they could absolutely destroy him.

Thankfully it backfired on them.

Old 11-10-2017, 12:23 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,289,311 times
Default GOP Senate Campaign Arm Has Severed its connections with Roy Moore

Trying to protect the national brand, I would guess, but this being Alabama he’s going to be elected regardless.

National Democrats probably don’t know whether to hope that they can actually pick up a seat in the most unlikely of places, or have Moore elected and have Republicans on defense after every screwball thing he says.
From their perspective, it’s a win either way.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/senate...s-to-roy-moore

Old 11-10-2017, 12:24 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,632,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
To be honest, it is more disturbing to me that there are multiple officials that are saying that even if it is true, that it is fine - and then justifying it with things like the "Mary and Joseph" line. Disgusting filth.

I agree.

We are seeing people who have spent their lives preaching from the moral high ground saying that they don't care about the sexually assault of a young girl when it conflicts with their politics.

We are seeing a whole section of the Republican Party opening admitting that jesus, law , order , goodness don't matter if it means a "democrat" might take a seat.

It is most definitely disturbing to see these folks willing to publicly state sexually assualt is NOT a disqualifer for public office. At times like this i wish there really was a god, because these folks don't meet the standard and would not stand a snowball's chance in hell ... (where they would be)

It has become obvious that the real price of ending the fairness act has been that a whole section of this nation is conflating religion and politics in a way that is not unlike the Taliban.

To be clear i am not claiming they want to stone and murder people. Some Republicans are now openly justifying supporting sex offenders for some "greater good".

Old 11-10-2017, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Trump is a Marxist? He's certainly a Hollywood creepo who likes to "grab em in the p----" but this is the first time I've heard someone call him a Marxist.
I'll give you Trump, and raise you a...

Rattner
CK
Spacey
Weinstein
Weinstein
Weiner
Hoffman
Toback...

Do you want me to go on?

Go ahead, list all the "conservatives"...just stop acting like it's just "bible thumpers" who are the creepos!

Old 11-10-2017, 12:28 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Who is Charlie Weinstein, what does Louis CK have to do with anything political, and what makes Bill Clinton a "pervert"?
What does Louis C.K. have to do with politics?

His big fat mouf.

What makes Bill Clinton a pervert? Rape and lip-biting for starters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies