Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2018, 12:23 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,610,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
That's uncalled for, I am a Christian and I value human life.
Did I say Christians don't??? No.

I said, you don't have to worship a god to value human life, and if you think you do, then you are an idiot. If you don't think that, then my words shouldn't mean anything to you. People who look at non-believers as people who don't value life are idiots. If anything, we value it more, because we aren't living for something after we die.

Old 02-16-2018, 12:24 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,885,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
So are you claiming that those who own assault rifles are part of a "well regulated militia"??? And if you think you should have the right to own tanks and missiles, you are one of the people with mental issues that shouldn't be allowed to have guns.....
the militia in this country was made up of individuals who had reached the age of majority, and were under the age of 45 iirc. these days the militia is still legal, and still citizens, but usually they are seen as oddballs and extremists, and in some case i dont disagree.

Quote:
No, the problem isn't the gun. It is people like you, who want to buy an AR-15 so you can go out into the woods and swing your **** around in front of your friends while shooting cans, and to keep that ability, you are willing to let children die in their schools.
really? you are judging me based on a couple of statements on an internet post? you are suggesting that i am unstable, and dont care about others? if that is the case, then you are the one that needs to spend a lot of time with a shrink to get over your fears and then come spend real time with me to get over your ignorance. do i own guns? yes i do, i wont say what guns though that is none of your business. suffice it to say though that my guns have NEVER harmed another, nor will they if i have anything to say about it, unless someone decides to attack me or my family or friends, because i will defend them with my life if necessary.

Old 02-16-2018, 12:26 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,884,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Anti-gun "sensible" gun law: no guns for law abiding citizens - only criminals and government officials should have them.
Yep, and the very rich Hollywood elites, who can afford to hire armed guards.

A bumper sticker I used to see: If Guns Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws Will Have Them.

Old 02-16-2018, 12:29 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,513,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Would you, in your experience and wisdom, offer up the purpose for such honorable hunting as opposed to the ambush style?
As in ....so as not to starve during harsh winters?
Why why why still hunt ????????????
I did describe myself as "old" and contrary did I not? Thusly acknowledging my experience as no longer being applicable or relevant. Anyway; at least that's what I tried to convey.

I would not even attempt to make that comparison as I'm realistic enough to know the wilderness is shrinking, the world has changed and along with it the methods by which people are performing an approximation of "hunting". Back in the day anyone hanging bait or putting out salt-licks were scorned and derided because you had readily available acreage to actually go out and stalk prey. Stands of any kind were reserved for water fowl hunting.

In my day we hunted alone and did not stake out a drive zone for some to press the animals into a staked out kill zone of hunters waiting for them. All that has changed due to time constraints on today's hunters and guides needing to make a living by having hunters fill their quota. I am willing to agree it may have changed through necessity. Feral hogs for example are a scourge most effectively dealt with by helicopter, lighter semis and good optics....good eating too.

We somehow managed to put food on the table through harsher winters than the bulk of living people today have yet experienced.

Don't worry young feller; my generation won't be around much longer. I predict though, you will also, in your dottage, bemoan the changes that take place to your version of hunting with perhaps armed drones and infra-red becoming the acceptable way for future "hunters" to fill their larders without even leaving their front porch.

Old 02-16-2018, 12:31 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,610,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
the militia in this country was made up of individuals who had reached the age of majority, and were under the age of 45 iirc. these days the militia is still legal, and still citizens, but usually they are seen as oddballs and extremists, and in some case i dont disagree.

really? you are judging me based on a couple of statements on an internet post? you are suggesting that i am unstable, and dont care about others? if that is the case, then you are the one that needs to spend a lot of time with a shrink to get over your fears and then come spend real time with me to get over your ignorance. do i own guns? yes i do, i wont say what guns though that is none of your business. suffice it to say though that my guns have NEVER harmed another, nor will they if i have anything to say about it, unless someone decides to attack me or my family or friends, because i will defend them with my life if necessary.
Isn't that what we are all doing? Judging people based off of what they post? Either way, you would be wrong about me. I have no "fear" or ignorance when it comes to guns. My husband and I both own guns. I have ZERO problems with guns used for hunting or protection. An AR-15 is not for either. It is for people who want to show off to friends or take it to the shooting range. It has no practical use in everyday life. None.

The fact is though, people who want to be able to own things like an AR-15, are willing to overlook school shootings to be able to continue to buy/own them. If you own one, you are in that group. If you don't, you are still in that group, since you think people should be able to ride down the street in a panzer with Uzi's and Ak's.

The greater point, is that most normal people, would happily give up their assault rifles if it meant no more school shootings. Most normal people would be perfectly fine with more stringent background checks, and safety courses. If you aren't, then you are fine with children being killed by the weapons you want to keep. And don't try the whole, "Well he could have used a pistol or a hunting rifle!" nonsense either. We both know that they aren't capable of the same things.

Old 02-16-2018, 12:33 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,264,295 times
Quote:
Show me a law that does not infringe on everyones individual right, that will prevent the next mass shooting?

The Law of Self-Preservation, if a mass shooter were to show up at a location I happen to be at, I have every right to use my gun and kill him, thus preventing a mass shooting.
Funny how for every mass shooting this never actually happens... in a very laxed gun law state you guys never seem to be around...thus making the mass shooting successful

Old 02-16-2018, 12:33 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,583,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
How much would you like to bet that this school never ever has a problem with a mass shooter?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.e6e775c558d5
99% of the schools in the US have never had an issue with mass shooters so what's your point?

Old 02-16-2018, 12:37 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,800,744 times
Quote:
Yep, and the very rich Hollywood elites, who can afford to hire armed guards.

A bumper sticker I used to see: If Guns Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws Will Have Them.
Most Americans, way most, are law biding citizens. If they are required to turn in the AR-15s they will. They can be paid for the residual value.

Old 02-16-2018, 12:37 PM

764 posts, read 235,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruready4Bklyn View Post
Funny how for every mass shooting this never actually happens... in a very laxed gun law state you guys never seem to be around...thus making the mass shooting successful
Google "soft target"

Old 02-16-2018, 12:42 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,884,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
How much would you like to bet that this school never ever has a problem with a mass shooter?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.e6e775c558d5
It is sad that it has become necessary for schools to have armed personnel on campus to protect students in dangerous situations, but you gotta do what you gotta do to stop mass shooters. If that had been the case at the high school in Florida, we would not be discussing the horrific events that took place there on Wednesday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies