Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2018, 09:00 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Just like no one can buy pot or smoke pot just because the federal government made it illegal? Several states say it's legal and no one is arrested for doing it. Some states have the same attitude towards firearms.
Thing is, the 2nd amendment is clear.
Like alcohol prohibition, they had to get an amendment ratified because it was not authorized for the federal government to touch the issue. Same for pot and all drugs for that matter. It is a 10th amendment issue. The government is not authorized to have any say. The 2nd amendment says no one has a right to say but the individual.

Old 02-19-2018, 09:03 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,234,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Legal gun owners do not cause collateral damage.

But keep trying to use the guilt trip.
Wasn’t the shooter a legal gun owner?

Old 02-19-2018, 09:04 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
I believe Milennials will turn "That One Specific Corner" our generation was unable/incapable of turning during our time "at bat."

My hunch is that this latest/unfortunate Massacre will be a turning point in the United States of America's gun culture.

Unlike 20th century pro-gun advocates, these "youngins" are not in denial (and unafraid) of the fact that The United States of America is comprised of people from diverse racial/cultural backgrounds, and therefore see no reason to arm themselves against a non-existent opposing force. Unlike us Old folks, they're not afraid of differences. If anything, they embrace and celebrate "Difference."

Life and time moves forward, not backwards.

GO KIDS!

You think people are afraid of differences? LOL

How ridiculous.

I'm white. Most of the criminals in my community are white.

Has nothing to do with being afraid of differences.

Old 02-19-2018, 09:05 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,587,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
You are correct, and why would they ? All they would have to do is make it a felony to have one in your possession. Give a grace period of 30 days from the date of the ban to have people hand them in.
Good, then we'll be felons according to a ****hole government. Big deal.

Old 02-19-2018, 09:05 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times

Old 02-19-2018, 09:08 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Why not just ban semi-automatic firearms? What is so wrong with that?

Old 02-19-2018, 09:14 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
More like 'weapons of war' control.

Human lives are more important than a hobby for gunlovers.
An Ar15 is not a weapon of war

my Henry lever action rifle (45-70) will do more damage than the punnie AR15 and its tiny 22cal round

Old 02-19-2018, 09:16 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Default What Liberals Don’t Understand: A Serious Attempt at Gun Confiscation Could Lead to Civil War

This seems a little overly dramatic but it's a fun read...

From PJ Media -

"Liberals love to fantasize about confiscating every gun in America. It may be their most beautiful dream. Liberals get control of the Supreme Court and ignore the Second Amendment; Washington makes gun ownership illegal; almost all the guns come pouring in or are destroyed; a few hapless Jim Bobs who won’t get in line get shot up by the cops and then the government is free to do anything it wants and if people don’t like it, well, what are they going to do about it without guns?"

https://pjmedia.com/trending/liberal...ead-civil-war/

Old 02-19-2018, 09:25 PM

32,064 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerritlosch View Post
The little snow flakes can not even find jobs after liberal arts school. Now they are going to change the world. I see a lot of disappointed 60s hippies who were going to change ether world.
Every generation complains about the next. Yet each generation accomplishments greatness though....telephones, electricity, going to the moon. Millennials invented social media. And yes, it has changed the world.

Old 02-19-2018, 09:38 PM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Again I'm not disagreeing with you but this is just shifting the problem to somewhere else. There is plenty of other places someone can target kids if that is their intention.

You need to address the individual doing this, it's the only way to stop it. You want to do something that may actually do some good? Stop publishing their names and their life history.
Yeah, I’ve been posting that for days. I think that should be priority number one, but of course the media refuses to do that. Some write about it or the talking heads say it, but they never actually do it. They can talk about the shooting without mentioning the person’s name and motivation in every segment. Once, and then never again.

I remember how after Columbine, they talked about the shooters and then shifted to all the bullying, as if these kids were pushed beyond their limit. And turned them into some kind of anti-heroes for the crazies. And they’re constantly talking about how each one is the worst, and then the next one wants to beat a “record”.

It’s like they took a book of all the worst things to say, and doubled down on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies