Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2018, 03:02 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
A ban on semi automatic weapons is the correct decision. Fat losers go hunting with semi autos because they are to stupid to practice with regular rifles.
lulz. the irony..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
How will his base react to the ban on making any gun into a machine gun??
'any gun'? like my ruger .22 pistol?

Old 02-20-2018, 03:03 PM

10,351 posts, read 8,572,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
No they do not. I'd believe you if there was a minimum speed limit instead of maximum speed limit. But there isn't a minimum speed limit.
And again this is why people won't listen to you. You just make things up. I drove cross country a few times and saw plenty of signs posting MINIMUM SPEED LIMITS.

You're like that Cliff Clavin character on cheers that acted like he knew everything and just made stuff up and tried to disguise it as factual. Keep posting and keep giving yourself less credibility.

Old 02-20-2018, 03:05 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,498,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
You are right he killer did use a flamethrower and in total 11 people died. What stopped the killer was the fact he ran out of fuel for his flamethrower.

Now had the killer used an AR-15 instead he could he hauling anywhere from 300 to 600 rounds of ammo. Most likely the death count would have been much higher then 11. Being that the killer was a grown man with military training attacking children in a crowded school.
Whoever can carry 500-600 rounds of ammo in loaded magazines probably goes by the name of ox

Old 02-20-2018, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
Owning a gun is not a Constitutional right. Are you part of a militia? Otherwise, the 2nd amendment doesn't apply to you.
what part of
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
are you having problems understanding?

Old 02-20-2018, 03:12 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
While something like a .45 will kill you just as dead as a AR-15 or ANY other gun I don't see the point in banning it or any other gun. People have a right to defend themselves and their families. A gun is a tool and nothing else. Banning ANY gun no matter what it is what stop people from being killed by a gun, wish people who were against guns would understand this. No, you can't shoot people as fast as with an automatic weapon but dead is dead it doesn't matter if it's 1 or 21. A GUN fell into the wrong hands. Period. Children and teachers lost their lives and it shouldn't of happened. It could of been a home made bomb that killed these people, no would can stop that.

The only things to be done is make the schools safer and harder for those who want to do someone harm harder to get into. It's easier enough to do but it will cost the tax payers more, I think whatever the cost is it's worth it to stop it from happening again.

Old 02-20-2018, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post

It may surprise you to learn that I do support the 2nd Amendment, but I don't think that it means that individuals have the right to own every firearm ever invented. I think you can limit the types of weapons owned without sacrificing the Amendment.
So here is the problem. People want to ban the AR15, but aren't targeting other rifles.
It's strictly an emotional knee jerk reaction with no factual basis.

They claim the ar15 is targeted for it's capabilities, yet when explained that is isn't different than other rifles they deem ok like a hunting rifle, they just ignore it that fact. That makes no rational sense.

Or they make up capabilities that aren't true like "Ar15's can spray bullets and mow down tons of kids" or the one politician that claimed the ar fired heat seeking ammo. Like the bullets can be fired in one direction but will correct their course to the warm heat signature of a human.

Old 02-20-2018, 03:16 PM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Lee View Post
Gun insurance doesn't contradict the 2nd amendment. Neither does it affect the right to own any gun. It only deters those high risk group from owning weapons that may cause mass shooting.
What do you mean? Deters high risk group. That would do nothing of the sort. I can buy and drive any car. Insurance can expire, it happens all the time. That guy that shot up Vegas was pretty wealthy.

Old 02-20-2018, 03:19 PM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Lee View Post
Anyone who buys guns needs to get approval from insurance company right away on the spot. Otherwise the gun shop owner can deny the sale.
So they buy it one time the same way people get car insurance. Then let it lapse.

How would that work with the existing 400 million firearms?

Old 02-20-2018, 03:20 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,145,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
What do you mean? Deters high risk group. That would do nothing of the sort. I can buy and drive any car. Insurance can expire, it happens all the time. That guy that shot up Vegas was pretty wealthy.
Most likely no insurance company will sell a policy to anyone who had an arsenal of 33 weapons which were all bought legally. And the last dozens of weapons might demand skyrocketing premiums if the policy was sold. The Las Vegas victims might get $million each in compensation from the insurance company.

Old 02-20-2018, 03:20 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
While something like a .45 will kill you just as dead as a AR-15 or ANY other gun I don't see the point in banning it or any other gun. People have a right to defend themselves and their families. A gun is a tool and nothing else. Banning ANY gun no matter what it is what stop people from being killed by a gun, wish people who were against guns would understand this. No, you can't shoot people as fast as with an automatic weapon but dead is dead it doesn't matter if it's 1 or 21. A GUN fell into the wrong hands. Period. Children and teachers lost their lives and it shouldn't of happened. It could of been a home made bomb that killed these people, no would can stop that.

The only things to be done is make the schools safer and harder for those who want to do someone harm harder to get into. It's easier enough to do but it will cost the tax payers more, I think whatever the cost is it's worth it to stop it from happening again.
Why would it cost taxpayers? The parents who send children to those schools should be responsible for their safety, no?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies