Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2018, 06:14 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,401,311 times

Advertisements

Wouldn't just be easier to ban the manufacture and sale of bullets?

Old 02-19-2018, 06:17 PM

9,509 posts, read 4,344,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I guess you've forgotten or weren't even around to notice what effect those hippies had towards ending the Vietnam debacle.

Those "snowflakes" are one day going to run your show for you bub. They will be the ones deciding whether you get a clean diaper to go sit on the porch or perhaps go out there with the three day full one you're already wearing.

Go ahead keep calling them names in the polling stations, see where it gets you.
Much like every generation before them, Millennials will turn conservative as the age. It's funny how being responsible for your own well being, as well as that of your children, changes your perspective.

Old 02-19-2018, 06:18 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,657,591 times
It's not the guns, it's mental health and other issues.
I will give you an example from my homeland.
In Israel we have young guys (18-21) coming home almost every day from the mandatory military with fully automatic M-4 and Tavors.
We have taxi drivers, guards, other people with private handguns and uzis.
We have Arabs with incredible amount of illegal weaponry including machine guns, handgrenades, Anti Tank missiles.

And still you don't see this insane massacres going on
So, the reason is not the guns.

Old 02-19-2018, 06:18 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,567,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Such an attempt will result in the deaths of most public servants. Which might be a good thing - they seem to have forgotten who their Masters are.
The fact that you guys would murder somebody rather than handing in a gun is preposterous. If the gun owners on this board are representative of the "good guy with a gun" theory, there isn't such a thing - - just a bunch of hotheads looking for their moment to kill a person. Good God.

Old 02-19-2018, 06:19 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
I think people would go out fighting IF it came down to it.

Old 02-19-2018, 06:19 PM

9,509 posts, read 4,344,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
List of countries that are not down the crapper even though they have gun control:

Australia
New Zealand
Japan
Canada
Ireland
UK
Germany
France
Norway
Iceland
Finland
Sweden
Denmark
How is the US "down the crapper" compared to the countries listed? I'd rather live in the US than any of those places.

Old 02-19-2018, 06:20 PM

4,582 posts, read 3,409,523 times
I will be instructional for me: even my most liberal relations have claimed for 30 years that any gun control will be the deal breaker for them was a Dem. Let's see them put up or shut up.

Old 02-19-2018, 06:21 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,476,268 times
The government will not come to our houses to confiscate AR-15s. They won't have to. The owners won't be able to take them anywhere to shoot them without being stopped and arrested for carrying illegal weapons. What good will they be? Rifle ranges won't accept them. Local rod and gun clubs won't let you shoot them on their range. Unless you have acres of private woods where the neighbors can't hear you firing off your AR-15, where are you going to go to play with them? They will be useless AND illegal.

And once the government rids the good guys of their weapons, the bad guys win.

Old 02-19-2018, 06:21 PM

11,103 posts, read 7,164,275 times
They aren't going to gut or change the 2nd amendment, and they aren't take away guns. There's no point beating that inflammatory dead horse, which only draws attention away from the real discussions.

The bigger question is: If persons in law enforcement and in government don't lift a finger to try and solve these national issues, are people going to have to rise up in force to get their attention?
And that doesn't mean rise up with weapons, but rather put incredible heat, pressure, and attention on them so they can't live without it in their faces, unable to look away and ignore.

Old 02-19-2018, 06:22 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
The fact that you guys would murder somebody rather than handing in a gun is preposterous. If the gun owners on this board are representative of the "good guy with a gun" theory, there isn't such a thing - - just a bunch of hotheads looking for their moment to kill a person. Good God.
If you want my gun, you are a threat to me, my family and my property. FACT. You sir, are a tyrant. I will be no ones prey. You can. That is your choice. You can despise me hate me or what ever. I or our own government will be able to make you eat **** if I/they so desire, once we know you are unarmed.

I bet the slaves wished they had an AR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies