Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2017, 09:18 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Depends on what you think the problem is. If you are happy with the direction our federal government has been taking this country in over the last 15 years or so then getting rid of one person will solve the problem. There is nobody to replace Trump, nobody willing to step up and fill his shoes.

People ask what it would take for Trump supporters to drop their support for him, and the answer to that question is an easy one. Someone to replace him. Someone who will take on his agenda without the brash personality that sends his opposition in to fits and makes them perpetually angry. If there was a more polished version of Trump who was still willing to stand up to the establishment and put America and her citizens first, people would be drawn to him or her.

So long as Trump's opposition promises nothing more than taking Trump down no matter what the cost and continuing on with business as usual as if this whole little Trump thing never happened in the first place, his supporters are going to remain loyal to him. There isn't anyone saying to Trump's voters that they have heard their voices and will take their concerns seriously even after Trump is gone.

If the question is "how can you still support Trump after he_________", then the answer is, "if not Trump, then who?". And "anybody but Trump" is not an acceptable answer to that.
our Govt has been tyrannical long before Trump got into politics though.

Its started getting this way after WW2 and has gotten worse and worse, despite who is in elected office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2017, 09:25 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amenalot View Post

If you are anti-American of course you want to destroy Trump.

Another fear monger. Trump doesn't give a damn about you unless your rich. He's not a Christian and he only cares about money and making more of it for him and his already rich friends. I'm betting your not one of his rich friends.

Old 11-19-2017, 10:13 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Liberals worst nightmare: A tough, strong, conservative President, like no other, who keeps on producing great results and doesn't miss a step = the gift that keeps on giving. Relax, and enjoy the ride for the next 7 years.
Nightmare? So that must mean I'm sleeping. Please be sure to wake me up when we've got a tough strong President who is producing great results, because we sure do not have one at the moment.

Old 11-19-2017, 10:21 AM

1,796 posts, read 1,662,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Nightmare? So that must mean I'm sleeping. Please be sure to wake me up when we've got a tough strong President who is producing great results, because we sure do not have one at the moment.
That is a true statement. North Korea is not kidding.

Old 11-19-2017, 10:31 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Let's talk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=P2lMN3kIjAA

Old 11-19-2017, 10:31 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,733,181 times
This is not some big conspiracy to take down Trump. But, I do believe that it was the Trump "Access Hollywood" tapes that kicked this whole thing off. I suspect that a whole lot of people decided that enough is enough and thus the tsunami of allegations.

What I find most interesting is that liberals, for the most part, have refused to stand behind people like Weinstein, Rattner, Spacey, etc, despite the amount of money involved. And many of the liberals accused have acknowledged/admitted their roles in past wrongdoings. Taking their punishment.

Not so with conservatives. They deny and blame the victims down to the wire. And are willing to say or do almost anything to defend characters like Roy Moore. Not content to let Roy Moore types defend their own actions.

Old 11-19-2017, 11:18 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,753,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
This is not some big conspiracy to take down Trump. But, I do believe that it was the Trump "Access Hollywood" tapes that kicked this whole thing off. I suspect that a whole lot of people decided that enough is enough and thus the tsunami of allegations.

What I find most interesting is that liberals, for the most part, have refused to stand behind people like Weinstein, Rattner, Spacey, etc, despite the amount of money involved. And many of the liberals accused have acknowledged/admitted their roles in past wrongdoings. Taking their punishment.

Not so with conservatives. They deny and blame the victims down to the wire. And are willing to say or do almost anything to defend characters like Roy Moore. Not content to let Roy Moore types defend their own actions.

"Look at us! We are paragons of virtue! We turned on our own! Never mind that it cost us nothing! To match our virtue you must give up a seat in the closely divided senate and take down your president!" That stance backs up my assertion from my OP, it doesn't refute it.

Old 11-19-2017, 11:20 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
This is not some big conspiracy to take down Trump.

Trump and his party have taken some serious hits and people are starting to come forward and those on the right are worried, they won't admit it but it's a fact still their will say/do anything to save face.
I'm of neither party but you would think that if your of said party you would take these more seriously then trying to blame the other side all the time. Trump himself has a thing for young women he's even said so and it would seem so do some of his party members do as well.

Old 11-19-2017, 11:21 AM

1,378 posts, read 1,392,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I know this might surprise the OP....but not everything is about Trump.
This might surprise Trump himself!

Old 11-19-2017, 11:29 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,733,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
"Look at us! We are paragons of virtue! We turned on our own! Never mind that it cost us nothing! To match our virtue you must give up a seat in the closely divided senate and take down your president!" That stance backs up my assertion from my OP, it doesn't refute it.
Really? "Turned on our own" for not siding with abuse of power?

Well, that sure says it all. A window into the mindset of the sort of people who never admit their mistakes and would throw victims under the bus to protect abusers!

And somehow believing that the higher the stakes, the lower the bar! You have literally admitted you would elect any cretin to serve your imagined purpose.

Keep typing, you are not helping your cause!

Last edited by shaker281; 11-19-2017 at 11:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies