Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 02:56 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Honestly, no one is still upset about the election So please stop playing that card.
The content of his post that I replied to makes it obvious that he is, and that reply of mine has already been repped. I'm not the only one who sees his post that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2017, 04:13 AM

10,758 posts, read 4,346,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Donald Trump and his actions have and will set the stage for his downfall.
Meanwhile the economy is booming and North Korea is scared to death.
If you are anti-American of course you want to destroy Trump.

Old 11-19-2017, 04:27 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
I would say feminism to be more specific, but same thing basically.

They won't be happy until no man ever dares to even look at a woman, and then they'll complain about that.
That's certainly the direction we've been heading for a generation. And now, with social media, it has expanded to a level that is simply perverse.

And, yes, they are basically the same thing.

Old 11-19-2017, 04:32 AM

9,724 posts, read 14,264,687 times
Liberals worst nightmare: A tough, strong, conservative President, like no other, who keeps on producing great results and doesn't miss a step = the gift that keeps on giving. Relax, and enjoy the ride for the next 7 years.

Old 11-19-2017, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I am really not sure why, all of a sudden, Dems are fair game for sexual harassment claims. In the past, only Republicans were.
Wonder of wonders, today, they were actually talking about Bill Clinton being less than honorable. What?!!
I feel like I’m in a parallel universe.
You are.

There's no honesty or integrity in the world of the left. The only consistency is their desired end result. No amount of present or past lying is too much in pursuit of their objectives.

Old 11-19-2017, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Depends on what you think the problem is. If you are happy with the direction our federal government has been taking this country in over the last 15 years or so then getting rid of one person will solve the problem. There is nobody to replace Trump, nobody willing to step up and fill his shoes.

People ask what it would take for Trump supporters to drop their support for him, and the answer to that question is an easy one. Someone to replace him. Someone who will take on his agenda without the brash personality that sends his opposition in to fits and makes them perpetually angry. If there was a more polished version of Trump who was still willing to stand up to the establishment and put America and her citizens first, people would be drawn to him or her.

So long as Trump's opposition promises nothing more than taking Trump down no matter what the cost and continuing on with business as usual as if this whole little Trump thing never happened in the first place, his supporters are going to remain loyal to him. There isn't anyone saying to Trump's voters that they have heard their voices and will take their concerns seriously even after Trump is gone.

If the question is "how can you still support Trump after he_________", then the answer is, "if not Trump, then who?". And "anybody but Trump" is not an acceptable answer to that.
The "polished version" of Trump wouldn't get it done. The brash personality is exactly what we needed here and now.

We don't have to settle for the "polished" and Trump has shown us that. Settling for the polished for a lifetime of Washington politicians is what created this mess. The mess that Trump is doing his best to lead us out of.

We need brash and we need blunt....for the foreseeable future. The cleanup has barely begun.

And I definitely think you're onto something with your theory. This over-the-top - almost instant - sexual harassment media frenzy is all but inexplicable otherwise.

Old 11-19-2017, 09:03 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
The "polished version" of Trump wouldn't get it done. The brash personality is exactly what we needed here and now.

We don't have to settle for the "polished" and Trump has shown us that. Settling for the polished for a lifetime of Washington politicians is what created this mess. The mess that Trump is doing his best to lead us out of.

We need brash and we need blunt....for the foreseeable future. The cleanup has barely begun.

And I definitely think you're onto something with your theory. This over-the-top - almost instant - sexual harassment media frenzy is all but inexplicable otherwise.
I suppose when you vote a bull in to the china shop you can't really complain about his manners.

My point is more that people stay loyal to Trump because there is no other Trump. There aren't a bunch of people out there with his agenda to choose from, it's him or nothing.

Old 11-19-2017, 09:12 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
The content of his post that I replied to makes it obvious that he is, and that reply of mine has already been repped. I'm not the only one who sees his post that way.
Why are you deflecting? The thread is about Trump's sexual deviancy, not the election.

Old 11-19-2017, 09:15 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
You are.

There's no honesty or integrity in the world of the left. The only consistency is their desired end result. No amount of present or past lying is too much in pursuit of their objectives.
While you're deflecting from Trump's sexual deviancy as well, with all of the copious amounts of evidence (Trump's own words) illustrating his lying, I find it ironic that you would accuse the "left" of lying. You support the most accomplished liar ever elected President. Do you think Pres. Trump tells the truth? Seriously?

Quote:
All presidents lie. Richard Nixon said he was not a crook, yet he orchestrated the most shamelessly crooked act in the modern presidency. Ronald Reagan said he wasn’t aware of the Iran-Contra deal; there’s evidence he was. Bill Clinton said he did not have sex with that woman; he did, or close enough. Lying in politics transcends political party and era. It is, in some ways, an inherent part of the profession of politicking.

But Donald Trump is in a different category. The sheer frequency, spontaneity and seeming irrelevance of his lies have no precedent. Nixon, Reagan and Clinton were protecting their reputations; Trump seems to lie for the pure joy of it. A whopping 70 percent of Trump’s statements that PolitiFact checked during the campaign were false, while only 4 percent were completely true, and 11 percent mostly true. (Compare that to the politician Trump dubbed “crooked,” Hillary Clinton: Just 26 percent of her statements were deemed false.)
https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...t-brain-214658

Old 11-19-2017, 09:17 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amenalot View Post
Meanwhile the economy is booming
Thanks Obama.
Quote:
and North Korea is scared to death.
Of the dotard?

Is that why tRump said he wants to be pals with Kim when he was in Asia last week?

Quote:
If you are anti-American of course you want to destroy Trump.
If you are anti-American, you want to see tRump deliver the goods to his master while insisting the he isn't doing what he's obviously doing.

Nome sane?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies