Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2017, 12:24 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
I'll bet it really sucks to be Charlie Rose right now.

I mean...it surely would have sucked to be Charlie Rose even before they sh*tcanned his a55. But now he inhabits a one-man universe of limitless suckitude from which he likely will never emerge.
I'm sure he'll have a jolly old time shuttling between his six residences...Manhattan, Long Island, two in North Carolina, DC, and Paris .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2017, 12:26 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,504,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Cbs fired Rose and pbs dropped his show effective a few minutes ago.

Good, but too little and too late.

There is no way these network executives did not know about Rose's leachery for years.
Of course they knew, what a dog and pony show.

Old 11-21-2017, 12:33 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,035,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post

I'm sure he'll have a jolly old time shuttling between his six residences...Manhattan, Long Island, two in North Carolina, DC, and Paris .
Doesn't matter where he goes, of course. At this point, he can never escape his own stupidity, along with his newfound worldwide renown for being stupid, the number of pieces of real estate he'll have to list for sale notwithstanding.

Old 11-21-2017, 12:46 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
Why didn't CBS do something before? One of the victims went to someone in CBS about this and was told "it's just Charlie being Charlie." Why did CBS look the other way? Ratings? Afraid more rocks would be turned over?

Or too busy chastising Robert Murdoch?

Why did co-hosts Gayle King and Norah O'Donnell keep silent? Rose worked with them for years. It's hard to believe secrets like Charlie's can stay secret that long. Especially in a news organization. They're reporters after all. Supposed to have a nose for news, aren't they?

It's a schadenfreude moment. An arbiter of American culture, a deplorer of the deplorables, hoist on his own pitard. Humble pie, eating crow, the village stocks: in another time it would have been the guillotine.
None of the women making accusations worked for CBS......at least so far. They all worked for him.

He had his own production company to produce his show. The woman you quoted worked directly for him at his privately owned company. She was the executive producer for his show.

Old 11-21-2017, 12:48 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
She looks it.

Old 11-21-2017, 12:49 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,863,660 times
The public knows so little about those who are famous for one reason or the other...

Glad he's fired but I was never a fan anyway.

[/b]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
This is one which surprised me. Astonished me. It's really like all of these cases are lifting up an old dirty rug and watching everything underneath it come to the surface.

Old 11-21-2017, 02:16 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,693,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
It is starting to feel a bit like Salem. The shame is that the women making a big deal out of a kiss or a pat on the butt (which I have seen women do to men, as well) are diluting the complaints of real sexual assault, such as groping women under their clothes, rape or Weinstein-type activities.

I worked in network news and it was a boys' club flat out. Sexual harassment was rampant and accepted by those women who wanted careers in tv. Entertainment division was just as bad.

Many of those very famous guys are dead now, but would be brought down like Rose if they were around. They were extremely famous and powerful and got away with anything.

I knew women who had been harassed (some of it was pretty gross) and I asked them why they didn't report it--they wanted to keep their jobs and have careers in network news. The guys were super powerful. It's a little like selling your soul. I'm afraid a lot of this is the revenge of those women who kept their mouths shut at the time, but the fact is that they kept quiet for selfish reasons.
I worked as a broadcast tech at a network O & O. One of the techs was a serial harasser & if a female didn't give in, he'd set that female up when a layoff was impending. I know, he did it to me. It was common knowledge, but he had dirt on the boss.

Old 11-21-2017, 02:19 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,795,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
None of the women making accusations worked for CBS......at least so far. They all worked for him.

He had his own production company to produce his show. The woman you quoted worked directly for him at his privately owned company. She was the executive producer for his show.
I find it hard to believe in the little Peyton Place that is the media that stories of Rose's extracurricular activities were not shared.

Anyway, CBS knew about it. They did nothing while the lid was kept on. Firing him once the lid came off hardly covers them with glory.

Old 11-21-2017, 02:25 PM

7,639 posts, read 8,711,366 times
Brian Williams seems like a saint now.

Old 11-21-2017, 02:28 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
The witch hunt continues.
Except that in the case of Charlie Rose, he admits to these charges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies