Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 02:37 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,262,592 times

Advertisements

Its obvious that if you don’t agree with a policeman’s order, just don’t obey him or her. Keep us informed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2017, 02:40 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
Its obvious that if you don’t agree with a policeman’s order, just don’t obey him or her. Keep us informed.
The teen girl who got her face bashed in is going to be very rich.

Old 11-30-2017, 03:25 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,116,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's not strictly a black and white issue. It certainly leans in that direction but still, like every excuse, your has been covered over and over.

Blacks could commit 100% of the crimes and it wouldn't justify even one person Having their civil rights violated.
In an idealistic world, you are correct. But we live in the real world.

Say I know guy A and guy B. Guy A has a habit of lying to me and cheating on me. Guy B has been honest with me and been fair to me. If I need help with my business, of course I would trust guy B over guy A.

In much the same way, it is human nature to "connect the dots". It is a fact that black people are responsible for a disproportionate amount of crimes being committed compared to their actual percentage of the whole population. I agree that we should deal with each individual at a time. But I also understand when people in general feel the need to have a rule of thumb. It's human nature.

One way to combat this is for the black community to "clean up". But nobody wants to say this because we are suppose to ignore facts and coddle people.

Old 11-30-2017, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Vague worthless generalization.
Nope, not generalizations. Those are the examples I was originally aiming for. Why refuse to provide your identity? I have been asked many times and have complied each time. Black people aren't the only ones who get asked for ID.

Go ahead and go to YouTube and do a search. I think it's some kind of mark of honor to be a pain in the ass to cops.

Old 11-30-2017, 03:31 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
I'm done here. Your true beliefs have been made apparent and it makes my skin crawl.

Old 11-30-2017, 03:45 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
No atm there. ? Check Cashing stores ?

Old 11-30-2017, 05:45 PM

Quote:
I'm done here. Your true beliefs have been made apparent and it makes my skin crawl.
Are you saying there is nothing wrong with how the black community conduct themselves as a whole? 73% of black kids are born out of wedlock. Black people make up 13% of the population 50% of murders are committed by members of this community. Test scores by black students are at rock bottom. Are you really going to sit there and tell me there is absolutely nothing wrong with this picture? There is nothing wrong with such a high rate of children in a single community being born without fathers? There is nothing wrong with so many members of a single community who has been through the penal system? There is nothing wrong with test scores by black students consistently averaging at rock bottom?

I'm fine with you calling me the bad guy. I'll be your scapegoat in this. At some point, someone has to risk being called the bad guy and say these things out loud. The first step toward recovery is to admit there is a problem. This works for alcoholics and drug addicts. Why can't this work for such a troubled community?

Old 11-30-2017, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
No atm there. ? Check Cashing stores ?
No reading there? No checking replies for further info?

Old 11-30-2017, 05:51 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,564,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Nope, not generalizations. Those are the examples I was originally aiming for. Why refuse to provide your identity? I have been asked many times and have complied each time. Black people aren't the only ones who get asked for ID.

Go ahead and go to YouTube and do a search. I think it's some kind of mark of honor to be a pain in the ass to cops.
Yep. Then they wonder why they end up in the back of the police car. Seen it so many times it boggles the mind.

Old 11-30-2017, 06:58 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Quote:
I didn't argue they were. The OP argued one should cede them if they do not want beat or killed.

If you don't want to be beaten, tased, or shot by the police, just cooperate.

If they are demanding that you do something you do not have to do, you should not simply have to cooperate to keep from getting beat or killed.

What a load of guano.

Cooperation is not ceding one's rights. And the day the citizenry decide what they should and shouldn't have to do in law enforcement interactions, we are in trouble, indeed.

BTW, "getting beaten" is a great deflection, but isn't the issue. The issue is clear: Cops might ask someone to do something they dont think they should have to do--like put their hands behind their backs to be cuffed.

Really? Tell it to the judge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies