Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 12:05 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,450,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Hey, maybe your uncle Joe will demand a hug from your kid & cop a feel while he's at it. You wouldn't mind, right?

Of course your kid shouldn't be forced to hug anyone. What the eff kind of person would do that?? Jesus.
I didn't even make a comment on that. I'm pointing out that all you SJW's are going to eventually make eye contact an assault if this keeps up.

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-21-2017 at 07:27 PM.. Reason: Rude
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2017, 12:07 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I actually agree with this. No one should be forced to hug (or otherwise touch in any way) someone when they don’t want to, including kids. Some people, even kids, don’t like being touched, and even though we tend to trust family members and close friends, they’re the ones most likely to molest your child so perhaps if the kid has such an aversion to hugging a particular person, there’s a reason behind it.
Well I agree with the thought process, I greatly disagree with their rationality.. This morning I heard you shouldnt force people to hug because 1/3rd of those sexually assaulted are from family members.

What a horrible reason. This is like claiming people die because idiots get behind a wheel after drinking, so we shouldnt buy cars.

Old 11-21-2017, 12:08 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,115,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Oh shut your mouth. I didn't even make a comment on that. I'm pointing out that all you SJW's are going to eventually make eye contact an assault if this keeps up.
Why is it a SJW thing to not want to force people to have physical contact? Geez. What if someone wanted to force you to hug, say, Hillary Clinton or something? It doesn’t mean we will become a touchless society or anything. Just a more respectful one.

Old 11-21-2017, 12:09 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,999,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Oh shut your mouth. I didn't even make a comment on that. I'm pointing out that all you SJW's are going to eventually make eye contact an assault if this keeps up.
But it’s something you’re overlooking and instead you’re making it into an SJW liberal thing. It isn’t about politics, as someone said. You’re lucky if you haven’t experienced child sexual abuse in any form in your family, whether you or anyone else, but it’s not rare and those you know are more of a danger to your kids than those you don’t. Even without that aspect, why would you force a child to hug someone they don’t want to? Do you force yourself to hug people when you don’t want to? If so, you shouldn’t. It’s not as big a deal as you’re making it seem. It’s pretty basic rules of touching and respecting boundaries that kids should always learn.

Old 11-21-2017, 12:09 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,623,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Can I gracefully raise their hand and kiss the back of it? Like back before the sexual revolution, when women were respected and not seen as sex slaves.
Women were respected before the sexual revolution? Look up the 50s and see how they were treated.

Old 11-21-2017, 12:10 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,650,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I actually agree with this. No one should be forced to hug (or otherwise touch in any way) someone when they don’t want to, including kids. Some people, even kids, don’t like being touched, and even though we tend to trust family members and close friends, they’re the ones most likely to molest your child so perhaps if the kid has such an aversion to hugging a particular person, there’s a reason behind it.
I agree with all of this. Why should a kid, or anyone, be forced to hug someone?

I barely like being touched by my coworkers, yet alone, hugged. And kids? Who even thinks of something like that?

It tells you a lot about the people who want to make kids hugging a political issue....

Old 11-21-2017, 12:12 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,999,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Well I agree with the thought process, I greatly disagree with their rationality.. This morning I heard you shouldnt force people to hug because 1/3rd of those sexually assaulted are from family members.

What a horrible reason. This is like claiming people die because idiots get behind a wheel after drinking, so we shouldnt buy cars.
Why is that a horrible reason for not forcing someone to hug? It’s literally as basic as if someone doesn’t want to touch you/be touched, leave them alone. That’s all. It doesn’t even require a reason, but basic respect and boundaries. Whether sexual abuse is a reason or not, it doesn’t really matter - but it IS something to consider just in general when discussing this.

Your analogy is way off.

Old 11-21-2017, 12:12 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Why is it a SJW thing to not want to force people to have physical contact? Geez. What if someone wanted to force you to hug, say, Hillary Clinton or something? It doesn’t mean we will become a touchless society or anything. Just a more respectful one.
See Clinton practice avoiding Trump hugs - CNN Video

Old 11-21-2017, 12:13 PM

46,967 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
http://www.thecut.com/2016/10/dont-t...-her-will.html

Why you should never force your kid to go in for the hug - Chicago Tribune

abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/girl-scouts-force-kids-hug-relatives-holiday-season/story?id=51275036

edition.cnn.com/2012/06/20/living/give-grandma-hug-child/index.html

Agree
Disagree
The World's Lost its Marbles?
Agree. Body autonomy is a sound concept.

Old 11-21-2017, 12:13 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,318,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Ick. I wouldn't want to hug Trump either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies