Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 05:59 AM

7,190 posts, read 6,825,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
The left is still mad at him for supposedly going easy on Trump and being too hard on Clinton during the Candidate's Forum he hosted in last year's election. Revenge was always coming for him, and here it is.
I doubt it. It's not a Left or Right thing. Lauer has had scorching nuclear heat ever since Ann Curry left in 2012. Many people were pissed and blamed him for her departure. I'm glad he's gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2017, 06:02 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Laurer has been at NBC for 41 years and is no doubt a 100 millionaire plus as a well paid, will say anything his bosses want, talking head. He's probably not that worried about it unless there are criminal charges to come.
He and his wife almost divorced in 2006. I can't imagine that this latest will be easy to digest, and they do have three children under 18.

Bye bye to many $$$$ if they split.

Old 11-29-2017, 06:04 AM

7,190 posts, read 6,825,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
I guess Lauer may have a future doing podcasts.
He'd have to find somebody willing to listen to him flap his gums first. Good luck with that.

Old 11-29-2017, 06:04 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
Quick investigation too. A complaint was made Monday night and an email sent announcing his termination sent this morning.

He's been on the liberal's Naughty List ever since his grilling of Hillary during the 2016 campaign.

Old 11-29-2017, 06:11 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Another one bites the dust. Wow.
Matt would still have his job IF he was an "Icon".

Old 11-29-2017, 06:12 AM

19,637 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Quick investigation too. A complaint was made Monday night and an email sent announcing his termination sent this morning.

He's been on the liberal's Naughty List ever since his grilling of Hillary during the 2016 campaign.
Quote:
"While it is the first complaint about his behavior in the over 20 years he's been at NBC News, we were also presented with reason to believe this may not have been an isolated incident.
What has Matty been up to? tsk, tsk.

Old 11-29-2017, 06:13 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Women are taking over, one harassment accusation at a time.
It is nice that the left and the MSM are cannibalizing themselves. I don't like Matt Lauer but unless he did something that is criminal and the accuser was very credible it seems like an overreach.

Wonder who the accuser is, Katie Couric?

Old 11-29-2017, 06:14 AM

1,879 posts, read 1,071,154 times
I personally do not believe people should be fired for a single incident, I don't know what he did but I assume they have factual, solid information in order to fire him.

I worked in a job for many years where someone just couldn't be fired for a single incident. There had to be a series of notices to the employee prior to firing. First, the person would be called into the office and verbally informed about their improper conduct and told what would happen if there were any further incidents. Documentation would then be placed in their file. The person would also be given the chance to have a representative with them at this meeting, to ensure that they were being told everything in a legal manner.

If there was a second incident, the person would then be given some disciplinary measures. Possibly increased warnings, time off without pay, maybe told that they wouldn't be eligible for raises or bonuses..stuff like this.

It would have to be escalated a bit before the actual firing. No one could simply decide to complain about someone else and then the person suddenly gets fired. I also don't think that a comment or joke here or there is grounds for firing.

Old 11-29-2017, 06:16 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
I tuned into the Today show this morning at 8am to see what they had to say about it.

They did report it. And Laurer's two talking head co-anchors were there falling all over themselves in shock & grief. Makes one wonder how much of that was made up and how much they knew about it too. Sounds like it might have gone on for more than 20 years.

Old 11-29-2017, 06:22 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Not much of a surprise there....at cash registers of grocery stores you can see the magazines and for years Matt has been a headline regarding cheating and his sexual behavior.

Savannah must be happy as she is one of the Hillary people who was invited to be part of a group of hosts invited to basically bash Trump.

Savannah just said Matt is terminated for violating company policy!

The words "sexual harassment" were conveniently left out.

You would be surprised just how much stuff reported on, in "the Enquirer"..... are actually more real, than sensationalized.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies