Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 07:41 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,740,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
This is now the new normal in America. If someone makes an accusation against you and does it in the public arena then you are automatically assumed guilty. Now it's up to you to prove your innocence.
No, because they won't go to prison on accusations alone. Stop confusing the criminal standard with the political one.

Would you want to hire someone if you knew that 12 women were currently accusing him of sexual assault?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2017, 07:42 AM

683 posts, read 465,957 times
My thoughts. OK, so the guy is President now. OK, maybe he did, maybe he didn't grab an ass or two decades ago.
What I am concerned about now is this guy SAVING MY ASS from getting blown up by a deranged terrorist.

So if these women really had their asses grabbed or whatever, I'm sorry, but really, get the blank over it. Did it impair your lives? Has your life been adversely affected by it. Grow up. Seriously. I want to feel safe in this country from a maniac with an explosive device in a subway, on the street, in a shopping mall. What happened in the past is in the past. We need to live in the today and now, and prepare for the future.

Holy crap, I grew up in the 70s, and there was alot of ass grabbing, etc that happened to me back then but I'm not crying now. In fact, I wasn't crying then.

Old 12-12-2017, 07:48 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,024,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotWonderWoman View Post
My thoughts. OK, so the guy is President now. OK, maybe he did, maybe he didn't grab an ass or two decades ago.
What I am concerned about now is this guy SAVING MY ASS from getting blown up by a deranged terrorist.

So if these women really had their asses grabbed or whatever, I'm sorry, but really, get the blank over it. Did it impair your lives? Has your life been adversely affected by it. Grow up. Seriously. I want to feel safe in this country from a maniac with an explosive device in a subway, on the street, in a shopping mall. What happened in the past is in the past. We need to live in the today and now, and prepare for the future.

Holy crap, I grew up in the 70s, and there was alot of ass grabbing, etc that happened to me back then but I'm not crying now. In fact, I wasn't crying then.
Me, too. (no puns intended)

I get a joke out of all these people who expect the President to be a goody goody boy scout.

I want someone who is going to protect US interests in the world and I'd rather have someone a touch ruthless than someone that other world leaders think he doesn't have any guts.

Old 12-12-2017, 07:53 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,327,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Hillary Clinton being a good example of this,With no evidence whatsoever trump calls her a crooked corrupt criminal who should be locked up and as a consequence his cultlike lemmings now think shes the most vile person to ever live, this branding by trump of her character probably cost her the presidency, i think she might have a good case for slander/libel against trump.
"No evidence?" Ummmm classified information in emails on her private server is a Federal offense, and "intent" is not in the statute. Gross negligence is enough. She may not have been tried, but the evidence has clearly been shown.

She smashed devices, wiped her server clean, and destroyed subpoenaed documents. That is a crime.

You must be very young. Hillary and Bill have a record of corruption that goes all the way back to Little Rock, AR.

Old 12-12-2017, 07:56 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,676,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
No, I don't think this should be the new normal. What should be the new normal is women should be heard when they come out and there should investigations to see if there's any truth to the matter.

What's not normal is for these women to be called liars, shamed, threatened, fired or worse!

What's also NOT normal is for a man, who's been accused of sexual misconduct by no less than 16 women and caught bragging on radio and video about doing it, voted President!

Without proof, accusations hold no water. No prosecutor will waste resources on it for very long. They will take a report and wait for you to bring them some evidence, before opening an investigation. Like the fake Dossier did for the FBI.

Old 12-12-2017, 08:00 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,092,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I was walking down the sidewalk in a shopping area today. A man I didn't know walked by me and said, "I like your hat!" I smiled and said "Thank you!" He smiled and we both walked on.
I'm confused. Was I sexually harassed? Do I need to find a lawyer? He looked like he was rich.
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
How was telling you he liked your smile be considered sexually harassment. Did he grab you, grope you and forcefully kiss you. Obviously not, so why are you confused by this? Maybe if you aren't married, this guy is just trying to make contact with you because he would like to date you. This is not sexual harassment.
Natalie, have you ever accused someone of sexual harassment before? If so, the subject of that case would love to have this post to show the judge. You saw something that wasn't there. It was the hat, not the smile.

This is what the thread is about. Accusers reporting something that didn't happen. Should the Accusers that get it wrong be punished? Should you get a time out from CD? We need to start somewhere.

Old 12-12-2017, 08:01 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,593,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
No, because they won't go to prison on accusations alone. Stop confusing the criminal standard with the political one.

Would you want to hire someone if you knew that 12 women were currently accusing him of sexual assault?
It took four pages, but finally someone has weighed in as the voice of reason to show where the OP's logic falls apart.

Old 12-12-2017, 08:02 AM

700 posts, read 638,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
"No evidence?" Ummmm classified information in emails on her private server is a Federal offense, and "intent" is not in the statute. Gross negligence is enough. She may not have been tried, but the evidence has clearly been shown.

She smashed devices, wiped her server clean, and destroyed subpoenaed documents. That is a crime.

You must be very young. Hillary and Bill have a record of corruption that goes all the way back to Little Rock, AR.
Therefore she wasn't convicted by a court of law but by the court of YOUR opinion. Don't mind if I apply that standard to Roy Moore.

Old 12-12-2017, 08:04 AM

4,513 posts, read 5,061,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
This is now the new normal in America. If someone makes an accusation against you and does it in the public arena then you are automatically assumed guilty. Now it's up to you to prove your innocence.
THIS is what liberalism is all about ! BUT - you're only 'guilty' if you don't agree with them !

Old 12-12-2017, 08:06 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,584,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I was walking down the sidewalk in a shopping area today. A man I didn't know walked by me and said, "I like your hat!" I smiled and said "Thank you!" He smiled and we both walked on.

I'm confused. Was I sexually harassed? Do I need to find a lawyer? He looked like he was rich.
1. If the man was Trump, he sexually assault you and attempted to murder you. Russia!
2. If the man runs for office 2,000 years later as a Republican, you should report him as a child molester.
3. If the man was gay, no sexual assault even he grabbed you.
4. If the man was a Democrat, he’s just joking.
5. If the man eas a Republican, that’s sexual assault clearly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies