Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2017, 12:22 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,438,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
thanks for at least answering truthfully with the first half of your post.
The entire post is truthful.

And you're welcome.

Old 12-23-2017, 06:03 AM

2,828 posts, read 824,998 times
Quote:
I mean would could bring up the stats on black vs white wealth by household in America. You already know what that's going to tell you. I didn't say rich either. People say white privilege doesn't exist, so I'm asking would you switch places with the average black person. None of you actually answer the question. LOL. Deep down, even without the generational wealth aspect, you know wouldn't want to deal with that extra level of crap. At least you were honest enough to admit the stuff about the other parts of my post were valid.
Some blacks are their own worst enemy and cause their own level of crap. I see it where I work on a daily basis.

Old 12-23-2017, 06:10 AM

Quote:
didn't answer my question. LOL. I'm getting the answer indirectly though.
Would I want to be black, hell no, Blacks have opportunities today that in some cases exceed the opportunities of whites, so why do blacks as a general rule lag behind in educational development. Since the opportunities are there, there are no real excuses. Answer please.

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-01-2018 at 05:30 AM.. Reason: flaming

Old 12-23-2017, 06:14 AM

Quote:
This is one of those cases where he's just saying the black guy wasn't qualified, he has no real information about what happened there.
I have seen blacks and women promoted that were not qualified for there job and believe me, I have seen People/departments suffer under their leadership. It is a fact that people are sometimes promoted just for gender or skin color, it happens all of the time and you know it.

Old 12-23-2017, 06:17 AM

Quote:
they lied to you to make you feel better. LOL. Yeah they are just going to promote an underqualified black person. Like I said, you don't have any real information ( or evidence) that the black guy was not qualified.
They do it all of the time, usually they are promoted to a position where they can do no harm, even if they are too stupid to handle it. Same with women and other minorities.

Old 12-23-2017, 06:20 AM

639 posts, read 376,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
To those who question the existence of white privilege.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVjrUJvoH9E
It's actually the opposite anymore.

Non-white getting positions (mostly government) due to the fact they are not white or male for that matter.

At the end of the day, it's what you can do and who you know not what color of skin you are.

Old 12-23-2017, 06:21 AM

Quote:
I actually looked up the stats on that show that less money is spent on black students. Cherry pick out Chicago if you want. LOL. Now would you trade places with the average black person?

https://www.theatlantic.com/business...f-race/408085/

https://www.theatlantic.com/business...chools/497333/

https://www.ed.gov/news/press-releas...nds-department-

https://www.topmastersineducation.co...ost-racial-us/
https://www.americanprogress.org/iss...ual-education/
Oh please, when a child is enrolled I doubt the powers that be say "oh he's black we have to spend less money on him" Please explain with more detail how they spend less money on black kids?

Old 12-23-2017, 12:02 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,017,691 times
Quote:
they lied to you to make you feel better. LOL. Yeah they are just going to promote an underqualified black person. Like I said, you don't have any real information ( or evidence) that the black guy was not qualified.

Typical. you scream about White privilege, yet when it is pointed out the scales in some cases are tipped unfairly the other way, you are in complete denial. I worked under this Black guy on three separate occasions........my 25 years experience in this job is my "evidence". Giving him the benefit of the doubt,just to put it nicely.......he was seriously lacking in common sense.Without my interference he would have put my men in a very dangerous situation more than once. which is no problem if he is willing to listen to experience and make a decision. He was however, very conceited and thought he could do no wrong. I am sure I am wasting my breath because you would never accept that a Black person was ever given an unfair advantage.

Old 12-24-2017, 01:22 PM

Give up 8won6 ?

Old 12-26-2017, 07:25 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
It does exist but I am generally unbothered by it. What God wills for my life will be regardless of what privileges exist for others based on any factors - race, religion, wealth etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies