Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2017, 09:29 PM

16,604 posts, read 8,622,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
She claims to be hard working, sincere and kind, and calls the woman who lost her seat a racist, all in the same breath.
She along with plenty of other blacks with chips on their shoulders see racism behind every corner. There are no other explanations in their minds, like their own greed, or poor behavior. No, if they get called out for anything by whitey, it must be related to race.
Many of them see the way Obama & Co acted and how the complicit liberal press always frames race as a likely reason.
It is their way of deflecting, knowing it will intimidate a bunch of feckless eunuchs who will give in rather than hold them accountable for their own actions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2017, 09:38 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,999,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
I am not defending the congresswoman or United.

But this woman was offered a $500 voucher.

Conjuring up the name of Rosa Parks is ridiculous.
And? Should I be impressed that United thought it was cool to give up someone's seat for an apparently more important person to sit in?

She paid for the first class seat. She wanted the first class seat. For United, or any airline, to think they can arbitrarily move people for no good reason AT ALL, then just offer some consolation prizes and act like it's okay, is just poor business practice - and bad press. And they've done things like this time and time again. I don't believe that she canceled her flight. I think United is trying to cover up something they've already been shown to have done before, this year. Also - if she truly canceled her flight, why the need for the voucher? It would be her own fault and she'd have to rebook, with no guarantee to the seat she canceled. Makes no sense.

If little Miss Congresswoman here wanted a first class seat, she should have paid for one herself or bought one initially. Then for her to have the nerve to accuse the woman whose seat she was in of being racist, taking advantage of her own race and the other woman's? Pathetic. She deserves to get voted out next election, but her constituents are probably too stupid.

Old 12-28-2017, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
This gives a lot more detail about what happened:

https://www.facebook.com/jeanmarie.s...13622092980978

I have no sense that she is making any of this up, and if what she stated is true, a fellow Texas congressman traveling with Lee told her that Lee has done this several times before to other passengers (bump them so she could sit where she wanted).

Not surprised Lee would use the race card, the use of the race card as a crutch has been so ingrained in our society that it becomes an automatic crutch when all else fails (and to drown out your own faults).

Reminds me of that saying, "Let them eat cake."!

Little wonder why politicians rank so very low on the public opinion scale.

Edited to add: OMG, you have to look at Sheila Jackson Lee's Facebook profile and her pathetic attempts to excuse her actions. Merciless and beautiful trolling
I'm dying at these memes people are posting on her page, this is hilarious.

Old 12-28-2017, 09:57 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,662,952 times
Good grief, this lady sounds like a total SNOWFLAKE! I have seen her on every network complaining about getting bumped back to economy.

Suck it up, stop complaining, and fly a different airline, SNOWFLAKE!

This is what CAPITALISM looks like, SNOWFLAKE!

SAD!!!!

Old 12-28-2017, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
Good grief, this lady sounds like a total SNOWFLAKE! I have seen her on every network complaining about getting bumped back to economy.

Suck it up, stop complaining, and fly a different airline, SNOWFLAKE!

This is what CAPITALISM looks like, SNOWFLAKE!

SAD!!!!
Yes, let's just let large corporations and politicians railroad us normal folk. It's not like United has been accused of doing the same thing before, just this year, or anything. Not like they once had a guy dragged unconscious off a flight because they put an employee in his seat that he paid for and was already sitting in. Nothing to see here, move on.

Old 12-29-2017, 10:35 AM

2,630 posts, read 1,456,572 times
She must be a Trump voter. All they do is complain.

Old 12-29-2017, 01:29 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,380,890 times
Wow, good job Sheila. You took a PR mess and successfully upgraded it to a PR nightmare. You are not good at this.

The bumped lady was a middle-aged liberal Democrat. A teacher who went to Guatemala to meet the family of the child she sponsored. She used 140,000 of her flyer miles to go 1st class, and if you add that up, it comes to more than $500.

A congressional colleague was on that flight, sitting next to Ms. Simon & ratted her out. Says he: "She does this ALL THE TIME."

Old 12-29-2017, 02:01 PM

404 posts, read 193,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
We weren’t there. It’s possible that the woman was indeed a racist. No way of knowing. It is wrong for the passenger to have to give up her seat. But a $500 voucher seems generous.Not sure why any politician needs to fly First Class. I recently saw who I thought was Karl Rove fly Coach on Southwest.
Sheila Jackson Lee knows what she is doing. Typically, the optics of getting into all this drama over a First Class seat would have negative consequences and bad publicity. Maybe not so much in her community. Where they may even idolize her for flying first class, with all that fine wine and little expensive perks & of course the flight attendants giving special treatment to first class customers. Who knows, she might even returned to a heroes welcome in her hometown in Texas.

Old 12-29-2017, 02:04 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,112,746 times
Her constituents like it when she puts the other guy (gal in this case) beneath their heels.

They've been trafficking in this attitude for decades.

Old 12-29-2017, 02:22 PM

23,990 posts, read 15,096,054 times
See who paid with miles and who paid with money.

It may seem the same to people who spend miles, but it is very different.

You pay with miles and the airline can do whatever they please. Welcome to free enterprise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies