Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2017, 12:53 PM

7,593 posts, read 4,165,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
She bumped a school teacher and then called her out. I can guarantee Trump just got one million more votes for 2020.

Keep it up Dems.
Really? I know school teachers over here in Florida who get very small raises every year and this situation is a reason for 1,000,000 American's to vote for Trump? Boy, I hope they can remember this situation when it comes to election time, no need to run on any other issues.

So instead of no longer doing business with United Airlines, we just show our unhappiness for being bumped by voting for a person into the presidential office.

Last edited by elyn02; 12-28-2017 at 01:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2017, 01:03 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,653 posts, read 16,142,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Reservations are for the little people.

Woman accuses United of giving her seat to Houston's Sheila Jackson Lee

A passenger on a flight from Houston to Washington D.C. has accused United Airlines of giving her first-class seat to U.S. Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee. D-Houston, and then threatening to remove her from the plane for complaining and snapping a photo of the Houston congresswoman.

Her seat, 1A, was taken, she was told. Simon was given a $500 voucher and reseated in row 11, Economy Plus.

Simon later learned that Jackson Lee was in her pre-purchased seat and has alleged that the congresswoman received preferential treatment, which United denies.

Jackson Lee issued a statement on Saturday afternoon saying: "I asked for nothing exceptional or out of the ordinary and received nothing exceptional or out of the ordinary."

In other words, United lets her get away with this all of the time, and passengers just accept the demotion and the bribe.

And it doesn't matter if the race card is overdrawn, she uses it anyway.

"Since this was not any fault of mine, the way the individual continued to act appeared to be, upon reflection, because I was an African American woman, seemingly an easy target along with the African American flight attendant who was very, very nice," Jackson Lee said in the statement. "This saddens me, especially at this time of year given all of the things we have to work on to help people. But in the spirit of this season and out of the sincerity of my heart, if it is perceived that I had anything to do with this, I am kind enough to simply say sorry."
In the same fashion- since the attendant was black she gave lee preferential treatment.. works either way

Old 12-28-2017, 04:24 PM

37,111 posts, read 41,284,508 times
Why would the bumped passenger cancel her ticket, then wait in the boarding area to get on the plane and present her boarding pass with the First Class seat assignment on it?

The most likely answer is that she did not cancel her reservation.

I have a sneaking suspicion that her reservation was canceled by someone from United when they realized Ms. Jackson Lee was going to be expecting a First Class seat and would pitch her usual hissy fit if she did not get it.

The best predictor of current behavior is past behavior, and Ms. Jackson Lee is notorious for bad behavior.

Old 12-28-2017, 05:05 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,357,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Why would the bumped passenger cancel her ticket, then wait in the boarding area to get on the plane and present her boarding pass with the First Class seat assignment on it?

The most likely answer is that she did not cancel her reservation.

I have a sneaking suspicion that her reservation was canceled by someone from United when they realized Ms. Jackson Lee was going to be expecting a First Class seat and would pitch her usual hissy fit if she did not get it.

The best predictor of current behavior is past behavior, and Ms. Jackson Lee is notorious for bad behavior.
The answer is almost certainly that she did not intend to cancel her reservation. But whether she did or not depends on the app and how it worked. I have not used the United one but I have dumped a few because I did not trust them.

And I agree it could be United covering. But it could as well have been a fat thumb. And purportedly SJL was actually the first passenger on the wait list for first.

Old 12-28-2017, 05:10 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
LOL... SJL had everything to do with getting bumped. I can just hear her at the Counter... "Do you know who I am?"

And people on here say Blacks can't be racist. She 100% proves them wrong.

Old 12-28-2017, 05:13 PM

23,989 posts, read 15,091,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
The answer is almost certainly that she did not intend to cancel her reservation. But whether she did or not depends on the app and how it worked. I have not used the United one but I have dumped a few because I did not trust them.

And I agree it could be United covering. But it could as well have been a fat thumb. And purportedly SJL was actually the first passenger on the wait list for first.
Looks like it is easier to attribute bad behavior to someone we do not care for than to look at systems, logic and fat fingers.

My iPhone 6 does stuff on it's own if my finger passes over something. Can't come within 2 inches of the screen on the I Pad.

Old 12-28-2017, 05:22 PM

37,111 posts, read 41,284,508 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Looks like it is easier to attribute bad behavior to someone we do not care for than to look at systems, logic and fat fingers.

My iPhone 6 does stuff on it's own if my finger passes over something. Can't come within 2 inches of the screen on the I Pad.
The bumped passenger denies even using the app. She had a paper boarding pass.

Old 12-28-2017, 05:27 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
Quote:
Nonsense. There is no indication that SJL had any knowledge of the affair until it was over.
You're wrong.

Quote:
She said she then observed a “disruption” from someone walking back and forth in the cabin of the plane. That woman was speaking with a black woman flight attendant, she said. A gate agent went to speak with the passenger before the flight took off, she added.

Jackson Lee said the person “came toward me and took a picture” and that she heard the woman might have said 'I know who she is.'"

“Since this was not any fault of mine, the way the individual continued to act appeared to be, upon reflection, because I was an African American woman, seemingly an easy target along with the African American flight attendant who was very, very nice,” she said. “This saddens me, especially at this time of year given all of the things we have to work on to help people.”
https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ai...ecause-n832726

By her own admission she knew the woman was upset over a situation that involved her.

She chose to blame evil whitey instead of admitting that she got someone bumped.

Last edited by No_Recess; 12-28-2017 at 05:30 PM.. Reason: quoted wrong poster

Old 12-28-2017, 05:41 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,357,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
You're wrong.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ai...ecause-n832726

By her own admission she knew the woman was upset over a situation that involved her.

She chose to blame evil whitey instead of admitting that she got someone bumped.
That is all after the incident occurred. The bumping was all over and SJL was seated before any of that occurred.

And yes SJL gets VIP treatment. Standard for Congress critters everywhere. And actually I got treated pretty well by American for 20 years. All it took was flying half a million miles every year and belonging to the Admiral's club.

And she was wrong to raise racism. But maybe the vibe was there.

Old 12-28-2017, 05:54 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
Quote:
That is all after the incident occurred. The bumping was all over and SJL was seated before any of that occurred.

And yes SJL gets VIP treatment. Standard for Congress critters everywhere. And actually I got treated pretty well by American for 20 years. All it took was flying half a million miles every year and belonging to the Admiral's club.

And she was wrong to raise racism. But maybe the vibe was there.
There was no "vibe".

She is relaying her thoughts in the statement as it happened in real time. She knew the woman was upset. She knew the woman snapped a pic of her. She believes she overheard the woman say that she knew who she was.

ALL AS IT HAPPENED.

She did nothing in real time. That's because she knew she got preferential treatment either by asking for it or by her name. She also knew she didn't want to speak up because she would then lose her seat.

She's a subhuman piece of trash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies