Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 11:38 PM

7,540 posts, read 11,402,831 times

Advertisements

To those who question the existence of white privilege.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVjrUJvoH9E

Old 12-21-2017, 01:45 AM

34,299 posts, read 15,718,178 times
White privilege is nothing but a meme by Black Nationalist to encourage self-loathing among whites. The hope is that they can find enough ignorant whites to go along with it and step aside so they can assume power.
If all the white people would cooperate and step aside it would change to shades of brown privilege with the same desired result. An attempt by the 17 % to control the 83 %.

I don't know where the idea came from but likely it has some ethnic studies origin from a prison.
Its an attempt to control an opponent is some secrete verbal jujitsu move.

The best defense is to counter with the Flying Spaghetti Monster maneuver. It has never been defeated either. Or one could use the simple truth too.

Short version :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybedz6wAV7c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dfMsIEVfVs

Last edited by phma; 12-21-2017 at 02:03 AM..

Old 12-21-2017, 04:10 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,743,117 times
I just started reading this book. The short version is that racial segregation by community is historically based in explicit racial policy rather than in private prejudices. So far, the author is making a compelling case, with interesting and potential far-reaching judicial implications.

It would be good reading for people who don't insist on jamming their fingers in their ears and chanting 'nanananananana'.

Old 12-21-2017, 04:20 AM

29,625 posts, read 16,635,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
White privilege is nothing but a meme by Black Nationalist to encourage self-loathing among whites. The hope is that they can find enough ignorant whites to go along with it and step aside so they can assume power.
If all the white people would cooperate and step aside it would change to shades of brown privilege with the same desired result. An attempt by the 17 % to control the 83 %.

I don't know where the idea came from but likely it has some ethnic studies origin from a prison.
Its an attempt to control an opponent is some secrete verbal jujitsu move.

The best defense is to counter with the Flying Spaghetti Monster maneuver. It has never been defeated either. Or one could use the simple truth too.
So your not going to actually respond to the video which is actually talking about Housing discrimination, at least in the first couple of minutes in the video.

your argument seems to be with the phrase white privilege rather than the context of what the phrase represents.

Would it be better to call it " the effects of government sanctioned racism and discrimination on people of color" so that you can stop trying to deflect ???????

Old 12-21-2017, 04:30 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,456,663 times
I don't question the existence of white privilege.

Whites created most of civilization, so of course they are privileged.

They should be.

Old 12-21-2017, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
I don't question the existence of white privilege.

Whites created most of civilization, so of course they are privileged.

They should be.
So you support racism and discrimination or did you just not know what white privilege was ???

Old 12-21-2017, 04:46 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,662,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
So you support racism and discrimination or did you just not know what white privilege was ???
Late at night.
You are in a dark alley walking home after a party.
Suddenly
1. you see 3 black guys walking after you.
2. You see 3 asian guys walking after you.

In which case would you be less worried? Be honest please. If not here, at least for yourself.

Old 12-21-2017, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
Late at night.
You are in a dark alley walking home after a party.
Suddenly
1. you see 3 black guys walking after you.
2. You see 3 asian guys walking after you.

In which case would you be less worried? Be honest please. If not here, at least for yourself.
Unlike you (im guessing), I grew up in a black area(i am also black myself), walking anywhere with 3 black people behind you isnt a big deal to me. Your life experiences may be different.

That being said, white privilege has nothing to do with that, at least not in the context of the video the OP posted.

if you want to talk about the broader issue of "what is racism/racial" thats fine, but that isnt what we are talking about here in this thread, and that is why I asked for a clarification from the last part.

Surly if you watched the video, I doubt you would say " im ok with people not giving loans to black people"

Old 12-21-2017, 04:57 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,502,660 times
What if a black president had killed 4,500 soldiers searching for wmds?
What if a black president had said he only respects soldiers who weren`t captured?
What if a black president mocked a handicapped man?
What if a black president bragged about grabbing?
White privilege? You bet.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-01-2018 at 08:09 AM.. Reason: vulgar

Old 12-21-2017, 05:02 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,141,570 times
Funny. "White Privilege" is a contrived malady with no curable outcome. This was intentional.

Like other issues from Race, Inc., its a gift that keeps on giving!

Only one problem; the "priveleged" far outnumber the non-priveleged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies