Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Party is Pro Military and Pro Veterans?
Republicans 34 55.74%
Democrats 14 22.95%
Not sure/Don't Know/Equal/Other 13 21.31%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2017, 08:43 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times

Advertisements

I say the Republicans

Old 12-31-2017, 08:46 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
I say the Republicans
Of course you do.

I say -- it is the same.

One could argue Democrats care more because they want to stay out of wars -- into peace and all that - -which suggests caring more for the people sent to war.

One could argue Republicans love a good war and spend lots of money on war but not so much on the people fighting the war.

But any of those statements would be heavily biased and not necessarily accurate.

I say both parties care about those who choose to serve the country.

Old 12-31-2017, 08:53 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
I think basically that it is the same, with the exception that Trump has seen an issue by talking with our citizens, citizens ignored by the previous administration.

I don't think either party really care about those that serve in the military. Most of the wealthy avoid the military, and the party leadership is made up of wealthy individuals. All that "caring" we generally here about is simply pandering for the votes of active military and veterans.

Old 12-31-2017, 08:55 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
This is getting weird. Most new threads are bait for Rs and Ds to bicker back and forth.

It's almost like there are talking points somewhere to sow discord in the USA via social media. A small group of people create new threads (day after day) to bait the people into getting into arguments.

This thread about which party is pro-military/pro-veteran is also bait. It's designed to get you to attack the opposite party into arguing how bad they are for veterans and military.

In the end, America loses as we are further divided due to social media posts which are designed to divide us.

Is it getting obvious to others too?

Old 12-31-2017, 08:59 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
I wasn't sure how to vote. Initially, I was going to pick Republicans. The reason for that is that they seem to love to build up the military and the DoD, which as a consequence usually means some sort of perks for the troops. When my husband served, we were under Carter and then Reagan. We loved Reagan because he threw money into defense. We got new base housing, we got all sorts of other goodies on our military installations that we attributed to Reagan.

But being older now and watching many administrations, I don't think there is an answer for me. I don't think any administration has treated the veterans well overall (although I know a few veterans that get EXCELLENT medical treatment).

I think the best treatment would be from the party who tries to avoid wars and putting people in harms way until absolutely necessary. Again, I couldn't say who that is.

Old 12-31-2017, 09:01 AM

29,825 posts, read 24,908,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
This is getting weird. Most new threads are bait for Rs and Ds to bicker back and forth.

It's almost like there are talking points somewhere to sow discord in the USA via social media. A small group of people create new threads (day after day) to bait the people into getting into arguments.

This thread about which party is pro-military/pro-veteran is also bait. It's designed to get you to attack the opposite party into arguing how bad they are for veterans and military.

In the end, America loses as we are further divided due to social media posts which are designed to divide us.

Most people figured out the game 4-6 years ago, when Obama was busy restarting the race war and playing divide and conquer. Took you this long?

Old 12-31-2017, 09:02 AM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Generally speaking I'd say the Republicans care more about the military and Vets.

I know I will get slammed but I can't help but think about Benghazi and how Obama and Hillary left our people out there to die while they played politics.
There is a very strong core belief in the branches of the military that you leave no one behind and they did just that.

Republicans seem to like a strong military and giving our troops the tools and weapons they need (no matter the cost) but the Democrats just don't seem to care as much.

It does come down to the individual and not the party they belong to. I don't think Obama cared about the military but Joe Biden certainly did.

Old 12-31-2017, 09:09 AM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post

There is a division between hard core Republicans and Democrats and then there is the rest of us that lie somewhere in the middle of these nutz.

Most of us can have a good debate/ argument and provide talking points and thoughts without being offended and without attacking others because their opinions differ but some can't.
I think given enough time on CD that we know who the trouble making pot stirrers are and I for one try not to pay any attention to what they write.

We all have opinions formed from many sources and experiences and it is unlikely that a posting on CD will change someones viewpoint but it might give them pause enough to consider a different perspective and that is what we are trying to do here.

Old 12-31-2017, 09:10 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Who wants to get rid of Medicaid and food stamps? Many military families qualify for same.

Who votes for legislation to protect our Veterans? Democrats.

Republicans love the show of the military. The idea of 'strength'. That's it.

Old 12-31-2017, 09:13 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
LO<values them for what purpose?
The left ? For social experiments, nation building, excuses and ridicule.
The right? To strong arm and threaten, Nation building.
Ill say this the right respects those who sacrifice years of their lives far more than the left does.
What did Obama say? Those who join the military do so because they have no other options. That is a pretty low opinion of those in the military. Bill Clinton "I loath the military."
Hillary Clinton's opinions are even lower.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies