Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2017, 01:56 PM

312 posts, read 268,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Basically, everything in that article is a continuation of the trends begun during Obama's presidency. In case you have been living in a cave for the last nine years, we saw record gains in the stock market throughout the last six years of the Obama Administration.

There is absolutely nothing in that article that the laziest, least productive president in history is responsible for. Nothing.
We saw record gains in the stock market because after a recision, there is no where to go but up. The fact that the Dow rose 25% after 1 year with Trump in office says a lot. Consumer confidence confidence is being restored under an administration that is slashing regulations, which makes it easier for businesses small and large to grow.

Old 12-31-2017, 02:05 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,140,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I'm sure Obama never ever said things in private he'd be embarrassed about if they got out right?
What does this have to do with Obama? He's not the president or the subject of the thread. But since you brought up being ashamed of saying something reprehensible, I didn't get the impression that he (Trump) was at all ashamed when it came out.

Quote:
No doubt if the media wasn't so super liberal and Obama worshippers more would of come out.

They protected Obama just like they protected Queen Hillary.

Even now with him out of office they are always writing nostalgic article about their Prince. How cute him and Michelle look on vacation.

But for Trump everything is negative negative negative.

It's so blatant how biased they are.
And there's nothing to say to all of this. I stated an actual policy decision he made (regarding transgender troops) and this is what you said in response. Can you name one thing the president has done for the LGBTQ community, rather than against us? I can't think of a single thing, unless you think him holding a tattered rainbow flag and paying us lip service counts for something.

Old 12-31-2017, 02:11 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
They still believe if you didn't like Obama the only reason that could ever be possible was because you were a Racist.

It started sounding like a bad Jeff Foxworthy joke... If you hate Obama, you must be a Racist.
There is some merit to this. It has defintely become a vastly overused simpleton's rebuttal in absence of any actual substance to share, or desire to learn more about other people. Just discount their every word with a snap (insert derogatory term of choice here) and poof! you can avoid actually reading, absorbing, thinking, and responding in a thoughtful and considerate manner, yet still feel oh-so-clever.

I did see some racism emerge when Obama was elected. It was mostly juvenile low rent ape pictures, black jokes, calling him a n-r, etc. Unpleasant and painful and undeserved but in my own experience, which includes being a member of C-D throughout his tenure, not nearly as endemic as some people here make it out as. I'm alert and aware, well-read and well-traveled, a member of a family of professors. While that might make the company I keep one of certain standards, I'm in a myriad of situations and personality types in my life and I simply did not experience excessive racism of Obama. Of course one can say that ANY racism is too much ... but we need to first all agree on that definition of racism, instead of co-opting and perverting it's meaning as a convenient plug to silence people.

What I'm noticing more than anything else is a huge increase in lazy, hyperbolic, exaggerated communication overall between people. This thread is a stellar example of it. If you go through and read posts carefully, you'll see a tendency of many people to make vast, sweeping statements that quite unfairly encompass entire populations of groups/citizens/states/countries. Both liberal and conservative people are guilty of it. It's a bipartisan annoyance of epic proportions. It's dishonest, slothful, and well ... just plain idiotic to pepper ones' thoughts and words with such a preponderance of generalizations and expect to be taken seriously as a person of intelligence and thoughtfulness. It rankles me to see grown adults resort to such primitive forms of discussion.

Old 12-31-2017, 02:42 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
It's difficult not to at least deeply dislike someone who brags about "grabbing by the *****" and declared transgender citizens unfit to serve.

For me the tipping point was when Trump went after a Gold Star family and insulted McCain for getting captured....totally disrespectful of the five years he spent as a prisoner of war. I already knew before D.T. ran for office that he's a crass wh*re hound.

Old 12-31-2017, 03:07 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,726,820 times
Quote:
It's been quite a year .

We've had the media and liberals freaking out over every single thing Trump has done .

It all turned out to be nonsense and they are looking like Boy who Cried wolf .

The world didn't end . And most are doing better financially this year versus last .

Anyone check their 401k accounts recently ? Dow up like 25 percent . Unemployment low etc .

Maybe liberals should make it New Years resolution to stop hating our President and freaking out over nothing .

In other words Keep Calm .. and Make America Great Again !

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
He’s given me no reason at all to respect him. I fundamentally don’t LIKE the guy despite agreeing with him on some things. If he was a more intelligent and less insulting spokesman, I could be swayed to like him. But he is NOT.

Old 12-31-2017, 03:47 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
For me the tipping point was when Trump went after a Gold Star family and insulted McCain for getting captured....totally disrespectful of the five years he spent as a prisoner of war. I already knew before D.T. ran for office that he's a crass wh*re hound.
He never went after a Gold Star family....especially if you are talking about the Khan family. They started their BS over a pocket constitution.

Old 12-31-2017, 04:56 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
It wasn't hate; it was disagreement.
Ok, well this anti-Trump stuff isn’t hate either...it’s disagreement.

Old 12-31-2017, 05:15 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,846,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifercheswold View Post
We saw record gains in the stock market because after a recision, there is no where to go but up. The fact that the Dow rose 25% after 1 year with Trump in office says a lot. Consumer confidence confidence is being restored under an administration that is slashing regulations, which makes it easier for businesses small and large to grow.
Except that business haven't grown as fast as the market has continued to go up. The price/earnings ratios are now very high. It would appear that the markets are going up on expectations of large increases in earnings as opposed to actual earnings growth. The new tax breaks will clearly help on the earnings front. The other times the PE ratios have been this high it was followed by a large market downturn. Either real earnings need to occur or the market is going to go down.

Just read an article today about the Trump administrations year long relaxing of regulations on Nursing Homes and attempts to hold them accountable for mistreatment including actions that resulted in the deaths of their patients. If the Trump administration was backing reforms that improved the lives of some of the most vulnerable in our society then it would have my backing, but instead all it will do is improve the profitability of Nursing Homes. Why is that a good thing?

Old 12-31-2017, 05:20 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
It's been quite a year .

We've had the media and liberals freaking out over every single thing Trump has done .

It all turned out to be nonsense and they are looking like Boy who Cried wolf .

The world didn't end . And most are doing better financially this year versus last .

Anyone check their 401k accounts recently ? Dow up like 25 percent . Unemployment low etc .

Maybe liberals should make it New Years resolution to stop hating our President and freaking out over nothing .

In other words Keep Calm .. and Make America Great Again !

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
I take a Pass on that suggestion, thanks.

Happy New Year!

Old 12-31-2017, 05:26 PM

5,995 posts, read 3,734,817 times
My 401k has been going up steadily since 2015. Not really sure why you're trying to use that as a reason to love Trump.

I don't hate Trump at all. I just don't think he's a good president. He's catering to the least educated, mostly racist, segments of society. He's trying to do great damage to a lot of good people. No I'm not talking about the illegal immigration issue. I'm talking about hard working poor and middle class citizens.

I'm looking forward to 2020 when we put an end this experiment. It's not working.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies