Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which party values education more?
Democrats 110 74.32%
Republicans 38 25.68%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2017, 09:55 AM

3,909 posts, read 2,123,635 times

Advertisements

I think Democrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2017, 10:01 AM

29,825 posts, read 24,917,786 times
Democrats love indoctrinated drones. That's why they want to send everyone to college, so they can be exposed to and brainwashed by hardcore left wing radicals masquerading as "educators". Indoctrinate them while their minds are still weak and susceptible to brainwashing. Then, they will be perfect little slaves until they are old and feeble, ready to be disposed of and replaced by the next batch of mindless drones in training. Sad that parents and students are devoting large sums of money to this unnecessary practice. Even more sad that lefties have convinced large numbers of Americans that this is necessary for society.

Left wants group think and indoctrination. The right values wisdom over group think, and desires people to think independently and avoid becoming sheeple marching to their own slaughter. Wisdom is not handed out like a college degree. It is acquired via real life experience.

Old 12-30-2017, 10:06 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,850,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Democrats love indoctrinated drones. That's why they want to send everyone to college, so they can be exposed to and brainwashed by hardcore left wing radicals masquerading as "educators". Indoctrinate them while their minds are still weak and susceptible to brainwashing. Then, they will be perfect little slaves until they are old and feeble, ready to be disposed of and replaces by the next batch of mindless drones in training.

Left wants group think and indoctrination. The right wishes people to think independently and avoid becoming sheeple marching to their own slaughter.

^^^ I think you just gave us our answer. We see posts, like yours, all the time on here where the Right thinks education is akin to brainwashing. Getting people information and an education is evil ! They see colleges as institutions of the Left, where kids go in and come out as whackos.

Got news for you, ALL information is good and ALL education is good. God gave us a brain to sort out the wheat from the chaff , and make up our own minds about what we want to believe and what we don't.

Old 12-30-2017, 10:07 AM

4,009 posts, read 6,867,616 times
Statistically, Democrats seem to value it more.

For instance, 75% of Democrats would be in favor of more money going toward Education versus only 46% of Republicans.

With regards to higher education, 43% of Democrats believe college is important or "worth it", compared to only 28% of Republicans.

Old 12-30-2017, 10:09 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,524,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
I think Democrats.
Could you say what you mean by value?
Value can be many different things.
Thanks

Old 12-30-2017, 10:09 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,333,807 times
Sigh. Both parties value education.

Old 12-30-2017, 10:11 AM

29,825 posts, read 24,917,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
^^^ I think you just gave us our answer. We see posts, like yours, all the time on here where the Right thinks education is akin to brainwashing. Getting people information and an education is evil ! They see colleges as institutions of the Left, where kids go in and come out as whackos.

Got news for you, ALL information is good and ALL education is good. God gave us a brain to sort out the wheat from the chaff , and make up our own minds about what we want to believe and what we don't.
I did not use the word "evil". I didn't say education is inherently bad. You are clearly making stuff up in a frenzy to demonize conservatives/republicans. And I got news for you... Not all conservatives are the same. Most conservatives I know seem to like education and have sent their kids to college to become educated adults.

Old 12-30-2017, 10:15 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
It really depends on what you consider education. If you consider going to college with an SAT of say only 900, 6 years of undergraduate school, only 12 credits a semester, with lots of drinking, partying and social justice protests, and graduate with a liberal arts degree in gender studies, an education-I'd go with Democrats. (or some other "do you want fries with that" major).

If you're talking hard sciences, engineering, medicine, chemistry, material science, physics, etc where only the top students can accepted, work their butts off and take 20 credits a semester, and graduate with a degree where they can get a job in their field-I'd say Republicans.

Old 12-30-2017, 10:19 AM

30,640 posts, read 18,242,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamatomic View Post
Statistically, Democrats seem to value it more.

For instance, 75% of Democrats would be in favor of more money going toward Education versus only 46% of Republicans.

With regards to higher education, 43% of Democrats believe college is important or "worth it", compared to only 28% of Republicans.
Statistically? You know the problem with statistics, right? You can use them to support which and whatever position you want.

Dems support more funding, but they are also in bed with the teacher's unions that are constantly fighting against education reform initiatives. Its been shown time and time again that merely throwing money at the issue (particularly if a huge chuck of that money is going to pay for generous pensions, etc.) is not the solution to fixing/improving education.

Old 12-30-2017, 10:21 AM

3,006 posts, read 2,631,488 times
We can see from this thread so far that Republicans do not value liberal arts education. So, the social sciences, language, or really any subject that has you thinking beyond cold, hard numbers is greatly undervalued. Unfortunately for the right, the social sciences are the ones that shape people into greater, more empathetic human beings so I'm not at all surprised that Republicans often do not value them.

Trump style Republicans view any education unfavorably. More often than not, they see education as "indoctrination by the left."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies