Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2019, 02:59 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,833,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Oh my !!!

[b]stock market is enjoying the best year in decades — but a bullish pattern suggests it’s just warming up[/B
LOL - Sigh .....We are still below where we were 16 months ago.

Old 05-01-2019, 03:01 PM

34,299 posts, read 15,734,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
The inverse head and shoulders patterns on that link look like they've already gone up to their previous highs, or close. That is, the right side of the pattern has already been mostly completed. Which means that the observation is dated. That's something you would have wanted to call a couple months ago.
Media is often inaccurate and the proof has never been more in evidence than it has been over the last two years. While technical accuracy is significant to some its broadly interpreted by others.

Old 05-01-2019, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
"Inverse head and shoulders"? Sounds good. But what do the tea leaves show?
Inverse head and shoulders means the markets took a nosedive (which is did end of 2018), and it trying to claw its way back.

Old 05-01-2019, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Inverse head and shoulders means the markets took a nosedive (which is did end of 2018), and it trying to claw its way back.
False !!!

The link is clear of what an inverse H&S means.

An inverted head-and-shoulders, however, is the mirror image of this traditional formation, and points to a rising rather than a bearish, or reversing trend.

Old 05-01-2019, 03:11 PM

20,944 posts, read 8,738,631 times
Well, I guess it's a wrap folks.....funny...I've been saying this for a long time and so have others.

BUT, if we brought back all that manufacturing and if Trump created vast amounts more...and if more and more people are making more money....well, why aren't consumers buying????

https://www.fidelity.com/news/articl...1S743Q-OUSBS_1

"WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. manufacturing activity slowed to a 2-1/2-year low in April amid a sharp drop in new orders while construction spending unexpectedly fell in March, suggesting economic growth was moderating after surging in the first quarter"

2 1/2 year low. No stock market decent movement since the "tax reform" was signed. Larger deficit. Fed stopped normalizing.

Sorry, Folks, it's a wrap. This is not a good economy. I've seen MANY good economies in my time...and this surely is not one of them!!

Yep, it's Don the Con's fault!

"businesses increasingly anxious that President Donald Trump's threats to close the U.S.-Mexico boarder would further disrupt the supply chain. Washington's trade war with China has created bottlenecks at factories."

Old 05-01-2019, 03:45 PM

Quote:
False !!!

The link is clear of what an inverse H&S means.

An inverted head-and-shoulders, however, is the mirror image of this traditional formation, and points to a rising rather than a bearish, or reversing trend.
You have been saying that for as long as I remember, and we are still below the peak 16 months ago. Inverse head and shoulders is exactly what I said it is.

Old 05-01-2019, 04:45 PM

48,697 posts, read 35,171,465 times
We've had some good numbers in the past month and stock market is doing well, but I am not convinced yet that the economy is doing well. I'll wait for at least a couple months of consistent numbers, either positive or negative. My financial guy advised taking the earnings and putting them in more conservative investments right now.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-01-2019, 04:49 PM

16,344 posts, read 8,142,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
We've had some good numbers in the past month and stock market is doing well, but I am not convinced yet that the economy is doing well. I'll wait for at least a couple months of consistent numbers, either positive or negative. My financial guy advised taking the earnings and putting them in more conservative investments right now.
My guy has me slowly shifting money from stocks and stock funds into bonds and income funds. I'm comfortable with this.

Old 05-01-2019, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You have been saying that for as long as I remember, and we are still below the peak 16 months ago. Inverse head and shoulders is exactly what I said it is.
You may set a standard, but its not in financial technical analyst definitions.
That was done decades ago.

Old 05-02-2019, 06:31 AM

Quote:
You may set a standard, but its not in financial technical analyst definitions.
That was done decades ago.
Yes it is. Inverse head and shoulders require a significant drop in the markets. The markets dive, and then claw their way back. Once we get back to the market level of 16 months ago, then we have created the second 'shoulder', while the 'head' was the late 2018 correction.

What is Inverse Head And Shoulders?
An inverse head and shoulders, also called a "head and shoulders bottom", is similar to the standard head and shoulders pattern, but inverted: with the head and shoulders top used to predict reversals in downtrends. This pattern is identified when the price action of a security meets the following characteristics: the price falls to a trough and then rises; the price falls below the former trough and then rises again; finally, the price falls again but not as far as the second trough. Once the final trough is made, the price heads upward, toward the resistance found near the top of the previous troughs.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/i...dshoulders.asp
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies