Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2018, 12:48 PM

693 posts, read 357,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
You are completely misinformed.

Hillary was not under investigation for using a private email server.

Hillary was under investigation for espionage.

It has always been a crime to store classified information in an unauthorized/non secure location.

Hillary's actions were intentional, but were without question grossly negligent, therefore a crime.

Quote:
Federal law allows government officials to use personal email so long as relevant documents are preserved for history."

The law was amended in late 2014 to require that personal emails be transferred to government servers within 20 days

Try harder, seriously. Like I said, most legal experts worth their weight in salt agree no intentional crime was committed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2018, 12:48 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,565,307 times
I see the normal Trumpetts are frothing at the mouth over this even when there is nothing there. She will not be charged because she did nothing illegal. This investigation is nothing more than to take the heat off of Trump and his criminal administration.

Old 01-05-2018, 12:52 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,102,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbernard View Post
Try harder, seriously. Like I said, most legal experts worth their weight in salt agree no intentional crime was committed.
I'll type it out slowly for you.

Hillary was never under investigation for using a private email server.

You cannot store classified information outside of a SCIF, period, full stop.

Hillary's server is not a SCIF, she violated the espionage act.

I'll say it again, say it with me.

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
This is exactly what it looks like. Donald Trump using the Department of Justice to punish his election adversaries AND provide cover for the ongoing investigation into his treasonous and crooked family.
His 30% may be gullible but most of America and other world leaders are not.

Well, he could use the IRS, BLM, EPA and on and on......
But he's looking them in the eye through the legal system set up just for this instance and not backhanded through powerful agencies in an oppressive manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I see the normal Trumpetts are frothing at the mouth over this even when there is nothing there. She will not be charged because she did nothing illegal. This investigation is nothing more than to take the heat off of Trump and his criminal administration.

It's crazy, I know. Despite what most legal experts say, arm chair lawyers still seem to think they know more.

Old 01-05-2018, 12:54 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,237,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Wasn't charged because she wasn't guilty of any crimes.
Total nonsense. She definitely committed crimes.

She wasn't charged during the Obama administration because the DOJ and FBI were giving her protection because both agencies were (and still are) totally politicized. It's plain as day. You just want to pretend they aren't politicized.

Old 01-05-2018, 12:56 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Looks like my dreams come true and yours end up being haunting nightmares.
I talk about Hillary and you want to talk about me. It is getting harder and harder to defend her isn't it.
How can they defend her?

Did she create a private email domain server, with the purpose being to handle all her official emails as the US Secretary of State? Yes.

Did she send and receive any classified email using her private email account? Yes.

Then she is guilty of gross negligence, for the mishandling of classified material.

It's a slam dunk case.

Old 01-05-2018, 12:58 PM

Quote:

You cannot store classified of a SCIF, period, full stop.

No, but neither was it a crime if it wasn't intentional.

Period, full stop.

THAT is the crux of it all. Was there knowledgeable INTENT to commit a crime. To date, there has been ZERO evidence that shows that she intentionally tried to commit espionage or steal information from the government. This is why they have nothing else but.......let me say this slowly, negligence. Which, by definition, is merely failure to take proper care in doing something.
Negligence, despite being extreme, doesn't mean she set out to intentionally commit a crime of espionage.

But hey, if you have evidence of espionage intent, by all means, go after her.

Old 01-05-2018, 01:00 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,237,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Deleting 33,000 emails that were already under subpoena is a federal crime.

Old 01-05-2018, 01:02 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:

You cannot store classified information outside of a SCIF, period, full stop.

Hillary's server is not a SCIF, she violated the espionage act.

I'll say it again, say it with me.

Not specifically, but by using her private email server to transmit and receive classified documents, she violated federal law:

18 U.S. Code Chapter 37 - ESPIONAGE AND CENSORSHIP § 793 (f).

(f) Whoever, being entrusted with or having lawful possession or control of any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, note, or information, relating to the national defense,
(1) through gross negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of his trust, or to be lost, stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, or

(2) having knowledge that the same has been illegally removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of its trust, or lost, or stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, and fails to make prompt report of such loss, theft, abstraction, or destruction to his superior officer—

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

(g) If two or more persons conspire to violate any of the foregoing provisions of this section, and one or more of such persons do any act to effect the object of the conspiracy, each of the parties to such conspiracy shall be subject to the punishment provided for the offense which is the object of such conspiracy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies