Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with Trump's statement?
Yes 229 48.21%
No 246 51.79%
Voters: 475. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 01:31 PM

3,429 posts, read 2,731,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
He didn't lie, in fact he has asked for the tapes of the meeting. ...
At this point, we have Durbin saying one thing, and Trump (along with some Republicans) denying it. If the meeting was recorded, the solution to this "he said he said" problem is very simple: Release the recording.

If the meeting was recorded, and if Durbin lied about what Trump said, then Trump and Republicans ought to be releasing those recordings to the public ASAP. This would prove that Durbin is lying and the Republicans could happily taunt him without mercy.

But if there is a recording and the Republicans don't release it, then we have to wonder why. Why not grab this opportunity to prove that a Democrat has lied? The most obvious answer is that the recording doesn't support Trump's rendition, so then it would be Trump who turns out to be the liar.

In that case, the Republicans have several options:
1. Claim that the meeting was never recorded, or that the recording has been lost or damaged.
2. Release the recording, but apologize for a minute or two on the recording that happens to be missing or inaudible that, coincidently, happens to be right around the time that Durbin says Trump went off the rails.
3. Trump could simply apologize and say something like this: "It was in the heat of the moment and I didn't remember saying it, but...."

Old 01-16-2018, 01:52 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,346,027 times
Not one of them disputes the fact that (to use their PR lingo) “very tough words” were used. It doesn’t matter which derogatory term was actually used. The fallout from Trump’s latest debacle just illustrates the severely eroded public trust for this administration and the sycophants (Purdue, Cotton...) who will lie for the administration. They have the audacity to use colorful language but lack the character to admit their mistake to the people whom they serve. Cowardice at its finest.

Old 01-16-2018, 02:16 PM

10 posts, read 5,153 times
I said he has a right to say it. And he is right. It's a sh** hole! (Assuming he said it) What kind of world are you promoting when you denounce a person's right to say what he thinks? The country is a total loss that isn't to say write off all the people there. We should welcome those who can demonstrate some merit. Haiti or Norway there are good and bad from either country. It's our job as citizens of our country to vet and only admit the acceptable applicants of any country. Think of Trump as our lead in this effort. And don't repeat that "bring your tired, poor, huddled masses" poem from the 1800's. That was written before the vast majority of our social programs were implemented. Now we need to say "bring us your young, strong, and productive to help us pay for the old, tired, huddled masses." I would also be skeptical of any immigration scheme that favored one country over another. Let the merits of one's character make the difference. Like MLK said, "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." not their original nationality!

Old 01-16-2018, 02:43 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,223,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Ayaan Hirsi Ali is from Somalia and an ex-Muslim. She is no "inbred retard." She has produced much of "value or interest to humanity." Hirsi Ali: The 'heretic' who says Muslims need to re-think sex, money and Ayaan Hirsi Ali: 'Why are Muslims so hypersensitive?

You must be quite the bigot. Do some reading.
I wasn't referrring to any one specific individual. Maybe you have some reading comprehension issues. Read the links I posted. They ARE inbred, and they have low IQ. Since you seem to have problems understanding the language, I will repeat it again.....this data is about a POPULATION and not specific individuals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Wow, stereotype much? Oh yeah, and Irish are all drunks and Italians are all in the Mafia. What, pray tell, are the "defective beliefs" that a person from Haiti would likely have?

If you feel, like some do, that we should not accept people who are uneducated or lack job skills, then fine: exclude those who are uneducated, regardless of what country they are from. Did you know that African immigrants to the US have a higher percentage of bachelor degrees than those born in the US? This is my point: you can't judge a person's potential value to our country by what country they were born in.
I do agreed that uneducated and unskilled people of all backgrounds would make terrible immigrants. Higher percentage than WHAT born in the US? The way you phrased the question makes no sense. Are you comparing African immigrants to American blacks? If so, then yes, I'm aware of that data. So what? "Better than American blacks" is not exactly a ringing endorsement; for one thing you're basically assuming something not in evidence...which is that a foreign degree is equivalent to a US degree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
You don't have to explain yourself. No one here was surprised to hear you use the words inbred retards. I'm sure all of your fellow cultists here were cheering when they read that, or at the very least nodding their heads in agreement.

Maybe you could send the term to Donald. I'm certain he would think it was great too.

You represent the cult quite well.
My words were an accurate characterization of the prevalence of inter-sanguinary breeding and of the low IQ of the population. Why have you got a problem with it? Don't like people speaking bluntly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
Racist- A person who believes that one can claim superiority over another based solely upon one's racial genetic contribution which determine specific traits that prove their inherent dominance over the race of what they themselves perceive of as inferior persons.

That's my definition without hitting up a dictionary. I'm most certain that you'll find that my definition aligns quite well with any one that you research.
Dude, just use a real dictionary. How hard can it be? You don't own one, do you?
Your definition bears no resemblance to the actual one. If anything it seems like an inarticulate attempt to explain racial SUPREMACY (which is not the same thing as racism).

Is this representative of the effort and attention to detail you put into your schoolwork, or your actual job? If so....YIKES.

Old 01-16-2018, 02:44 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,223,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
Not one of them disputes the fact that (to use their PR lingo) “very tough words” were used. It doesn’t matter which derogatory term was actually used. The fallout from Trump’s latest debacle just illustrates the severely eroded public trust for this administration and the sycophants (Purdue, Cotton...) who will lie for the administration. They have the audacity to use colorful language but lack the character to admit their mistake to the people whom they serve. Cowardice at its finest.
Guess you have conveniently forgotten how Obama called half the country "bitter clingers" or Hillary called half the country "a basket of deplorables".

LOL. Damn hypocrites....so typical.

Old 01-16-2018, 03:21 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,346,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Guess you have conveniently forgotten how Obama called half the country "bitter clingers" or Hillary called half the country "a basket of deplorables".

LOL. Damn hypocrites....so typical.
I encourage you to spend less time deflecting, and more time understanding why this administration has lost public trust. It’s about time you let go of Obama and Hillary. Really, let it go. The end.

Old 01-16-2018, 03:30 PM

1,704 posts, read 748,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
I wasn't referrring to any one specific individual. Maybe you have some reading comprehension issues. Read the links I posted. They ARE inbred, and they have low IQ. Since you seem to have problems under
standing the language, I will repeat it again.....this data is about a POPULATION and not specific individuals.

I do agreed that uneducated and unskilled people of all backgrounds would make terrible immigrants. Higher percentage than WHAT born in the US? The way you phrased the question makes no sense. Are you comparing African immigrants to American blacks? If so, then yes, I'm aware of that data. So what? "Better than American blacks" is not exactly a ringing endorsement; for one thing you're basically assuming something not in evidence...which is that a foreign degree is equivalent to a US degree.

My words were an accurate characterization of the prevalence of inter-sanguinary breeding and of the low IQ of the population. Why have you got a problem with it? Don't like people speaking bluntly?

Dude, just use a real dictionary. How hard can it be? You don't own one, do you?
Your definition bears no resemblance to the actual one. If anything it seems like an inarticulate attempt to explain racial SUPREMACY (which is not the same thing as racism).

Is this representative of the effort and attention to detail you put into your schoolwork, or your actual job? If so....YIKES.
Actually, I like my definition better! It's has greater personal appeal to me and fits my personal world view much better than either Oxford's or Webster's....

A degree from either the USA or some foreign country doesn't mean much, if its owner is a maniacally insane bigot who manages to find any number of rationalizations to justify his bigotry.

What does it matter if you own a Phd in any field where you're required to work with others, but you're criminally insane?

That could be much worse than having bad breath.

At least the dentist can address your breath problem.

OTOH
Mind doctors can be more like Shamans...Not too much hope for the criminally insane!

Last edited by zeliner; 01-16-2018 at 04:30 PM..

Old 01-16-2018, 05:44 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,001,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
I love this "severely eroded public trust" statement. Let's be clear, the people who dislike/hate/despise Trump still do albeit with their hair clearly on fire and some with a trembling lip and tears in their eyes.

The ones who like Trump agree with the statement whether he said it or not and those who neither like nor hate Trump just DON'T CARE as it's become a media/leftwing/activist circus that gets lumped into "yadda,yadda,yadda...

Old 01-16-2018, 05:53 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,001,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by licensedninja View Post
I said he has a right to say it. And he is right. It's a sh** hole! (Assuming he said it) What kind of world are you promoting when you denounce a person's right to say what he thinks? The country is a total loss that isn't to say write off all the people there. We should welcome those who can demonstrate some merit. Haiti or Norway there are good and bad from either country. It's our job as citizens of our country to vet and only admit the acceptable applicants of any country. Think of Trump as our lead in this effort. And don't repeat that "bring your tired, poor, huddled masses" poem from the 1800's. That was written before the vast majority of our social programs were implemented. Now we need to say "bring us your young, strong, and productive to help us pay for the old, tired, huddled masses." I would also be skeptical of any immigration scheme that favored one country over another. Let the merits of one's character make the difference. Like MLK said, "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." not their original nationality!
What those that keep citing that poem refuse to acknowledge or admit is that the poem (tired,poor and huddled masses) now describes AMERICAN CITIZENS in many places.

When I hear that poem I picture those tired,poor and huddled masses who are now living in tent cities alongside roads or under bridges in many American cities and very visible in CA nowadays and/or those vets who are physically and mentally broken and barely getting by day to day. Yep, tired,poor and huddled describes thousands of our fellow CITIZENS pretty damn accurately...

Old 01-16-2018, 06:08 PM

2,558 posts, read 2,901,787 times
Wonder how many folks that voted no and pretending outrage have ever been to any of those SH countries for an extended period?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies