Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with Trump's statement?
Yes 229 48.21%
No 246 51.79%
Voters: 475. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 07:32 AM

17,154 posts, read 13,021,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
And who pays for these people you want to bring in?
People like Melania?

Old 01-16-2018, 08:00 AM

592 posts, read 415,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Sounds like Somalia is the place for guys like you.
That's a different kind of s***hole. 99.9% Muslim, you know. Therefore a haven for terrorists.

Norway does not mean 'blond and blue eyed' to me. To me it means hardy and self reliant, a safe place to live, etc.

Old 01-16-2018, 08:08 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,210,956 times
It’s one thing to take issue with illegal immigration. It’s another thing to attack people actually permitted to come to the U.S. for no reason at all.

Old 01-16-2018, 08:17 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,096,058 times
I wonder how many of those who voted "no" on the poll have ever been to,researched, or really know anything at all about the countries that were spoken about, my guess is very few. Or, was their vote just based on emotion,heard mentality or just plain hate for Trump.

I couldn't vote because there's no choice for "I really don't give a damn about such small ball issues that mean nothing in the long run".

And before the usual suspects jump on this statement yes, with some variation you could wonder the same about yes votes but it means little given the obvious tone/point of the poll...

Old 01-16-2018, 08:20 AM

1,704 posts, read 752,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
hilarious.

'i'll concede these places just might be ****holes, as long as i can blame white people for it'
White people have historically done a lot of Sh$t to other people all around the globe. Whether it was intentional via slavery, colonialization, mass displacement, genocide, or involuntarily, via virulent disease and obliteration of ethnic histories. Whites when aided by technology (mainly guns and navigational techniques), have committed many heinous atrocities against people of color.

Most of these atrocities were committed under their misguided notion that their religion, their culture, and their skin color entitled them to a certain God-given "Manifest Destiny"....

For some unknown reason they saw themselves as having a superior right of dominion over other human beings due to group self adoration driven by ego, greed, and ignorance.

Pretty much what we still observe today...

Building walls and denigrating countries of colored immigrants would indicate the same type of mentality...

Old 01-16-2018, 08:22 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,078,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
White people have historically done a lot of Sh$t to other people all around the globe. Whether it was intentional via slavery, colonialization, mass displacement, genocide, or involuntarily, via virulent disease and obliteration of ethnic histories. Whites when aided by technology (mainly guns and navigational techniques), have committed many heinous atrocities against people of color.

Most of these atrocities were committed under their misguided notion that their religion, their culture, and their skin color entitled them to a certain God-given "Manifest Destiny"....

For some unknown reason they saw themselves as having a superior right of dominion over other human beings due to group self adoration driven by ego, greed, and ignorance.

Pretty much what we still observe today...
And that was decades upon decades ago.
And when Blacks took charge of their nations what happened ?
Did they turn them into prosperous countries ?

Old 01-16-2018, 08:24 AM

42,885 posts, read 26,477,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I wonder how many of those who voted "no" on the poll have ever been to,researched, or really know anything at all about the countries that were spoken about, my guess is very few. Or, was their vote just based on emotion,heard mentality or just plain hate for Trump.
I couldn't vote because there's no choice for "I really don't give a damn about such small ball issues that mean nothing in the long run".
And before the usual suspects jump on this statement yes, with some variation you could wonder the same about yes votes but it means little given the obvious tone/point of the poll...
'herd' mentality, not 'heard'. And yes I did the research and posted it in a couple of forums. Immigrants from sub saharan Africa have an overall higher education level than native born US citizens.

"Sub-Saharan immigrants tend to have much higher educational attainment compared to the overall foreign- and native-born populations. In 2013, 38 percent of Sub-Saharan immigrants (ages 25 and over) had a bachelor’s degree or higher, compared to 28 percent of the total U.S. foreign-born population and 30 percent of the native-born population.

Sub-Saharan immigrants participated in the labor force at a higher rate than the overall immigrant and native-born populations. In 2013, about 76 percent of sub-Saharan African immigrants (ages 16 and over) were in the civilian labor force, compared to 67 percent and 63 percent of the overall foreign-born and native-born populations, respectively. "

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/arti...nited-states-2

Old 01-16-2018, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
'herd' mentality, not 'heard'. And yes I did the research and posted it in a couple of forums. Immigrants from sub saharan Africa have an overall higher education level than native born US citizens.

"Sub-Saharan immigrants tend to have much higher educational attainment compared to the overall foreign- and native-born populations. In 2013, 38 percent of Sub-Saharan immigrants (ages 25 and over) had a bachelor’s degree or higher, compared to 28 percent of the total U.S. foreign-born population and 30 percent of the native-born population.

Sub-Saharan immigrants participated in the labor force at a higher rate than the overall immigrant and native-born populations. In 2013, about 76 percent of sub-Saharan African immigrants (ages 16 and over) were in the civilian labor force, compared to 67 percent and 63 percent of the overall foreign-born and native-born populations, respectively. "

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/arti...nited-states-2
Thanks for the spell check, need more coffee...
Now, are the countries you looked at dictatorships or fiefdoms? Do they support civil liberties, treat all as equals or do their best to do so? At the most basic level, are they somewhere an average person from a developed country would want to live in or, are they a place where those same people would run as fast as they can to escape from. From what I've seen/read it's the latter.

Old 01-16-2018, 08:37 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,368,748 times
Default Little Dicky Durban lied ...

The truth is coming out.

Sen. Dick Durbin Just Revealed Why He Lied About Trump Saying 'S***hole' - Capitol Conservative

Old 01-16-2018, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
If true then what explains Lindsey Graham? That's one Congresscritter I've not fully figured out yet...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies