Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2018, 09:05 AM

16,784 posts, read 8,267,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
You've been conned by the aversion. What Meadows just said is huge

Meadows has been lying away for years, he just voted yes on the CR. So much for the freedom caucus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2018, 09:10 AM

15,570 posts, read 10,584,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Given what we've seen so far on this topic, its closer to a fart than actual smoke.
Well then you should have no problem with me reading the memo. I want to see it.

Old 01-19-2018, 09:14 AM

12,391 posts, read 7,128,788 times
I'm pleased to see my thread has started such a firestorm of discussion, that was the point of starting it.

I pride myself on being able to distinguish the signal, from the noise.

I have been watching as people continued to post ridiculous threads about a fictional book attacking Trump, threads about new evidence that will get Trump for sure, and most absurdly, threads about being spanked.

I watched all there absurd threads being posted laughing as I knew this was coming.

It has started, there is no stopping it, the only thing left now is to wait, and see how big this gets.

A post I made Monday of this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
This week begins the counter by the congressional committees to the whole Russian collusion story. They have the evidence they have been waiting for, now they are moving to share it with the rest of congress. There are also efforts to declassify information to have it released to the public.

Every indication is that we have passed over the tipping point, and the Russian collusion story will be definitively proven false in the coming weeks.

I don't think the CNN watchers have any idea that this was coming.

Old 01-19-2018, 09:17 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,609,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Well then you should have no problem with me reading the memo. I want to see it.
I don't care whether they release the memo, provided it is really a fair analysis and not some partisan drivel. Sunlight is the best disinfectant, IMO. Frankly, the government keeps far too much information from its citizens. In my view, every government document should be open to the public unless it contains a citizen's private information (should be redacted) or truly deserves an exception for a compelling national security reason. From personal experience, I can tell you that much of what the government marks secret and even top secret is does not fall under that umbrella.

Old 01-19-2018, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I'm pleased to see my thread has started such a firestorm of discussion, that was the point of starting it.

I pride myself on being able to distinguish the signal, from the noise.

I have been watching as people continued to post ridiculous threads about a fictional book attacking Trump, threads about new evidence that will get Trump for sure, and most absurdly, threads about being spanked.

I watched all there absurd threads being posted laughing as I knew this was coming.

It has started, there is no stopping it, the only thing left now is to wait, and see how big this gets.

A post I made Monday of this week.
Yes, except the FISA abuse, even if true, has nothing to do with the Mueller investigation. You just fabricated that part.

Old 01-19-2018, 09:21 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,476,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Yes, except the FISA abuse, even if true, has nothing to do with the Mueller investigation. You just fabricated that part.
If a FISA warrant was obtained illegally and the results of the illegal wire tapping get the SC in place, then yes, it has everything to do with it because it's an illegal investigation.

Old 01-19-2018, 09:22 AM

45,675 posts, read 24,136,724 times
If it is all out there in black and white there should be no problem getting the convictions you all want. I have no problem with it...if there are facts, the DOJ has what they need right?

So what's the big drama mama stuff. If it is all so clear and telling why aren't we barreling towards subpoenas, or warrants or whatever.

Come on now -- this stuff has been floating around for some time now -- Um like over a year....DOJ is in charge -- do their job.

Is anybody concerned that feels there is no doubt of illegal activity that this administration can't seem to do anything but talk about it.

Old 01-19-2018, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
If a FISA warrant was obtained illegally and the results of the illegal wire tapping get the SC in place, then yes, it has everything to do with it because it's an illegal investigation.
Nope. Even if the claim was true (and there is no evidence that it is), this is not a criminal prosecution. It is an investigation. The fruit of the poisonous tree doctrine does not apply to the existence of an investigation. Go back to law school.

Last edited by TEPLimey; 01-19-2018 at 09:32 AM..

Old 01-19-2018, 09:31 AM

57,404 posts, read 26,413,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
But there is no proof that the FISA Warrant was obtained illegally, that is just conjecture from right wing sources. This was Nunes claim back in April and nothing became of it but here we are again, he had access to all the documentation and then recanted his claim. There is no cover up Sessions has access to all the history and documentation, if there is something there he could elevate this but he hasn't.

Old 01-19-2018, 09:45 AM

12,391 posts, read 7,128,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
But there is no proof that the FISA Warrant was obtained illegally, that is just conjecture from right wing sources. This was Nunes claim back in April and nothing became of it but here we are again, he had access to all the documentation and then recanted his claim. There is no cover up Sessions has access to all the history and documentation, if there is something there he could elevate this but he hasn't.
Do you have a source for that?

I never saw Nunes recant his claim.

A bogus ethic complaint was made against him to stop his efforts of further investigating the FISA abuse.

Nunes was cleared of the bogus ethics complaint, and gathered the evidence, which is in the memo now in the House.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies