Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2018, 09:49 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,382,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
The House Intel Committee voted today to release a FISA abuse report to the entire House of Representatives.

All the democrats on the committee voted against the release of the report.

Why would the democrats vote against releasing a report that provides evidence of wide spread abuse of the FISA system?
They can try to hide this stuff, but it will be made public before the mid-terms. You can bank on that.

So, StBurr -- what statutes have been violated by Priestap, Strzok, Orr, Orr, Jacoby, Simpson, Steele, Yates, Page, Carter, et al.? Which of them will be going to prison?

Have you looked at Title 18 recently?

Last edited by hbdwihdh378y9; 01-19-2018 at 09:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2018, 09:52 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,382,872 times
Quote:
There's just one problem with what you said.

The FISA court has already released a report documenting widespread FISA abuse by the Obama administration, including abuse during the election.
NSA Director Admiral Mike Rogers said the same thing. He's the guy who met with Trump to warn him that Trump Tower was being wiretapped. The day after the meeting, Trump moved his campaign/transition headquarters to New Jersey.

Old 01-19-2018, 10:03 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Next time, don't play us as stupid...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.841c2875781e

Obama Repeatedly Violated Americans’ 4th Amendment Rights Using Intel Agencies | www.independentsentinel.com

It looks like Obama did spy on Trump, just as he apparently did to me | TheHill

It’s difficult not to see patterns in the government’s behavior, unless you’re wearing blinders.
  • The intelligence community secretly expanded its authority in 2011 so it can monitor innocent U.S. citizens like you and me for doing nothing more than mentioning a target’s name a single time.
  • In January 2016, a top secret inspector general report found the NSA violated the very laws designed to prevent abuse.
  • In 2016, Obama officials searched through intelligence on U.S. citizens a record 30,000 times, up from 9,500 in 2013.
  • Two weeks before the election, at a secret hearing before the FISA court overseeing government surveillance, NSA officials confessed they’d violated privacy safeguards “with much greater frequency” than they’d admitted. The judge accused them of “institutional lack of candor” and said, “this is a very serious Fourth Amendment issue.”
Mitt Romney's entire campaign team was spied on in 2012, using our intelligence agencies.
That is how they leaked all the dirt to MSM. That is how Harry Reid knew so much, that he should have never known.

Old 01-19-2018, 10:03 AM

12,391 posts, read 7,103,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
They can try to hide this stuff, but it will be made public before the mid-terms. You can bank on that.

So, StBurr -- what statutes have been violated by Priestap, Strzok, Orr, Orr, Jacoby, Simpson, Steele, Yates, Page, Carter, et al.? Which of them will be going to prison?

Have you looked at Title 18 recently?
One step at a time.

We are at the stage of putting together all the evidence, and getting as much of it released to the public as possible. This is a critical step, there's no need to get ahead of ourselves.

Old 01-19-2018, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
NSA Director Admiral Mike Rogers said the same thing. He's the guy who met with Trump to warn him that Trump Tower was being wiretapped. The day after the meeting, Trump moved his campaign/transition headquarters to New Jersey.

It didn't matter where they moved. NSA had them already, no matter where they set up camp.

The mass collection of our privacy, is the root of all evil here.
It was used just like we all feared.
January 2016, inspector general report found the NSA violated the very laws designed to prevent abuse, going back to 2011.
In 2016, Obama officials unconstitutionally searched through intelligence on 30,000 U.S. citizens records, up from the previous recently discovered record of 9,500 unconstitutional breaches in 2013.

Old 01-19-2018, 10:06 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,338,858 times
Let's see, today is Friday and I bet someone leaks this by tonight. IMO this is going to hurt Obama, and everyone is tiptoeing around it. I suspect WaPo and the NYT already have the document and are trying to shape the narrative to hurt Trump. That or they're trying to single out who to blame in the Obama administration.

So libs, who is your preferred fall guy/gal? Ben Rhodes is a slippery little weasel, maybe him. How about Sally Yates...Obama is good at hiding behind women.

Old 01-19-2018, 10:07 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,040,338 times
I keep saying -- bring it on. If it is as obvious and as bad -- why the fuss...just do it.

Doesn't Trump have the authority to declassify anything?

Old 01-19-2018, 10:08 AM

18,037 posts, read 27,484,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
thanks but i thought you must have something NEW for the extraordinary claims being made here.

time and again you guys pretend this doc proves that US security forces were purposely conducting widespread spying on US citizens, when in fact mostly this is about sloppy work and worse reporting of the errors made. there appears to be no proof that Obama or anyone else was purposely spying for political gain either side any party...

but that is how you guys sell it. you guys love to pretend this is deep state plot, where as it would seem to be more about people not doing their jobs very well...
Well then the Democrats should vote to release the documents. What are they hiding? Put it to rest. They were so interested in collusion but couldn't even be bothered with this?
That's the pickle they put themselves in.

Haha deep state conspiracy whackos! Bunch of Hannity followers. Oh, but don't dare look! Water under the bridge water under the bridge...

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I keep saying -- bring it on. If it is as obvious and as bad -- why the fuss...just do it.

Patience mebucko patience...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
And like another poster mentioned. Democrats are against releasing the memo.

There is a #releasethememo started on twitter! Another #releasedocuments and #Obamagate has started.

This should bother everyone with a brain as this proves that people at the top of the FBI combined with some private company can go after anyone for no reason and try to silence them. If this can be done by the left than it can be done in the other side too. That is extremely disturbing.

Obamagate just started!

Obama will get his legacy but not as he has wished for! This is the exposure of Clintons and Obama's.

Clinton & Bush legacy was already made sure we won't see anyone with that name back in politics any time soon and Obama got caught doing this so he will at least go down in history for the crimes committed under him as the President with Obama himself signing to ease the laws for ear dropping on citizens, just before he left office!

Clearly it shows INTEND!
It sickens me the choices we've had to run for President since Ronald Reagan. I'll be the first one to admit how shocked I am that Trump would come in and withstand all this while destroying liberal's minds with a morningly tweet while he gets down to business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
POTUS had better have a really good talk with Sessions and his Secret Service.

I lived through Watergate. That was Romper Room compared to this.

Princess Dirty in the low beam of the headlights. It's going to be Epic.
I surely hope so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
According to Representative Schiff, the report was prepared by Republicans and is filled with "factual inaccuracies" and references to classified information.

That Republicans are spreading "factual inaccuracies" again is not exactly late breaking news.

No wonder no one else but Hannity is covering it.
Sara Carter?

Hannity?

Really?

Representative Schiff?

Srsly?

You a funny guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Special for you I will explain it!

If the cops create false evidence and than obtain a warrant for the persons arrest that is an illegal warrant and illegal arrest and a crime has committed!

The Fusion GPS Trump dossier was a false paid report by some FBI and Fusion GPS top people like Bruce Ohr and his wife, Andrew McCabe, Comey, Rosenstein etc.

They all knew the dossier paid by Clinton Foundation was false but still used it to obtain a FISA order to listen in on Ttump campaign.

Then the same people created the Ttump Russian collusion blame to cover up their crimes. Now they are exposed as people have testified about the false reports.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I would expect such a comment from a Leftist who trusts CNN and is an OFA member.

Sara Carter is a highly respected, award winning investigative journalist and war correspondent (a real journalist, not the CNN type of phony).
Sara Carter, there ya go.

Plus she's yet another Republican hottie, something the Dems have no use for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I find this whole mess sad. House members have now verified that some people in the FBI and DOJ were involved in government surveillance abuses. I suppose that's no big shock except that they were illegally targeting a duly elected, or soon to be, person. Apparently some if not all of these guys still have their jobs, that is not acceptable. Oh, and I want to see the memo for myself.
There ya go. A rational unbiased post.

Last edited by McGowdog; 01-19-2018 at 11:12 AM..

Old 01-19-2018, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post

All Trump has to do is talk about it and it is at that moment declassified.
He can even tweet it.

Old 01-19-2018, 10:17 AM

57,333 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Do you have a source for that?

I never saw Nunes recant his claim.

A bogus ethic complaint was made against him to stop his efforts of further investigating the FISA abuse.

Nunes was cleared of the bogus ethics complaint, and gathered the evidence, which is in the memo now in the House.

Originally he indicated he had proof of illegal wire taps of the Trump campaign.

Quote:
March 15: Trump appears to lose one of his closest allies on Capitol Hill. “I don't think there was an actual tap of Trump Tower,” Nunes tells reporters during his and Schiff's near-daily briefings on Capitol Hill, adding, “Clearly the president was wrong.”

But Nunes does give the president this: “I think it's very possible” that Trump and his associates' names were swept up in unrelated wiretapping. (In spy language: incidental collection.)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.04e0f56c3302
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies