Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 10:07 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,984,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
LOL

Please, let's leave religion out of it. You are not the only one who went to Catholic or religious school.

Matter of fact,

A Illegal means one is entering the country outside of due process and hence it is illegal. Nothing in Ezekial condones permits or applies to this type of movement of people. In fact in Ezekials day, if there was illegal immigration (understanding there were no passports or such control, but rather “invasion” or “non invasion”, then the likely response would be to drive them back or to kill them.

B As Christian hosts, we have the duty of hospitality whenever we find a needy person before us, whatever the cause of their need. This is different, however, from justifying the “illegal” immigrant. Without wishing to minimise the hardships which make people immigrate whether legally or not, it cannot be denied that some do not have a valid reason for leaving their home countries except that “the grass is greener on the other side.” Neither Ezekiel 47 nor any other verse in the Bible justifies that.

Leave religion out of it.
I was responding to a poster that brought religion into it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2018, 10:09 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I was responding to a poster that brought religion into it.
I quoted the other poster.

Yeah, I read your post.

Old 01-30-2018, 11:18 AM

30,181 posts, read 11,815,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Go fight with somebody else. Really!

I said I won't dispute it, and you still have to throw a hissy fit.

Seriously? !

At least, you admit it was an opinion, an educated opinion is still an opinion.

Plus, I NEVER said your article was wrong, I said

Our economy is fiercely resilient as well as broad enough to weather the gradual loss of a combination of 800,000 students and early stage employees. Shrouding the discussion of DACA reversal as an economic rather than a human issue does great disservice to those affected.

Got that?
I am for dreamers staying because its the right thing to do . But 2 tents of one percent of the population is not important at all economically. In fact if we kicked them out and allowed 800,000 either wealthy immigrants in or those with degrees in areas of expertise we really need we would come out way ahead.

They should stay because its the correct thing to do, as long as they can never be citizens. The economic argument is horrible and actually a cold way to look at all this.

Old 01-30-2018, 11:37 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
I am for dreamers staying because its the right thing to do . But 2 tents of one percent of the population is not important at all economically. In fact if we kicked them out and allowed 800,000 either wealthy immigrants in or those with degrees in areas of expertise we really need we would come out way ahead.

They should stay because its the correct thing to do, as long as they can never be citizens. The economic argument is horrible and actually a cold way to look at all this.
Exactly!

Old 01-30-2018, 11:40 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times
Quote:
I am for dreamers staying because its the right thing to do .....
No it isn't.

They are here illegally. The fact that Obama gives them a cute name doesn't change this.

Deport them. Let them apply for a green card in their legal country if they want to come back. Problem solved.

Old 01-30-2018, 11:52 AM

62,993 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:

Why do you think it's the right thing to do? How is it right to put them in direct competition for jobs and resources against Americans and reward their parents for bringing them here illegally? What would you do with their parents since they are demanding that they be able to remain here also citing the separation of families thingy?

Old 01-30-2018, 11:55 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,909,846 times
Quote:

Instead, let's deport US citizens who cannot master the basics of English grammar.

Old 01-30-2018, 12:01 PM

22,475 posts, read 12,014,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Instead, let's deport US citizens who cannot master the basics of English grammar.
Yet another ridiculous post

You know darn well that we can't deport our own citizens So why even bother making such a foolish comment?

Old 01-30-2018, 12:09 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,795,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Enough with this nonsense.

Its like asking pro-lifers how many babies they've taken into their home.
I'll bet many tens of thousands have adopted children, so that analogy is lousy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Thread devolving as usual. If basic English is required to be a citizen then we are right back to where we started, only instead of debating why 10M people (who shouldn't be here in the first place) should be deported, the number just jumped to 30m-40m.

Old 01-30-2018, 03:47 PM

29,523 posts, read 22,680,154 times
'Dreamers' are good for the economy

So sayeth this article.

The numbers seem off, how can some of them be paying taxes when the money is under the table and all.

Besides, the numbers would even be better with LEGAL immigrants, and none of the headaches illegals bring (crime, etc.).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies