Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 06:55 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,231,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
The problem is not me agreeing or disagreeing with change. The problem is not being able to go and watch a un-biased non-political TV show or movie .. if thats a positive change for you , then possibly people like you are the problem for allowing it to happen.
Perhaps you should stop looking for things to be offended by. Maybe it's you. Sure reads like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2018, 07:06 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,392,354 times
Here's the history of everything, I guess...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuCn8ux2gbs

The History Chanel, Discovery, etc., have all been usurped by political leftists; and lets not forget TLC once was an informative outlet for logical reason (really, it once was).

Even the Science Chanel has become the How It's Made Chanel....zzzzz

All propaganda of some degree, imo....

Old 01-30-2018, 07:09 PM

34,235 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
If everything is changing to something you don't agree with, perhaps you are the problem.
What is changing is how the Media, and Entertainment mislead people into thinking things are actually like what they portray. They are pure liars. You can bend over, and take it, but many of us won't.

Old 01-30-2018, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
What is changing is how the Media, and Entertainment mislead people into thinking things are actually like what they portray. They are pure liars. You can bend over, and take it, but many of us won't.
Are people leaving unaware that they can simply change the channel? This isn't rocket science.

Old 01-30-2018, 07:19 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,991,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Are people leaving unaware that they can simply change the channel? This isn't rocket science.
Thank You , im glad you realize that these channels do have hidden agendas! I don't think kids/teens are aware enough to notice the change the channel. Thats where the indoctrination begins .

Old 01-30-2018, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Thank You , im glad you realize that these channels do have hidden agendas! I don't think kids/teens are aware enough to notice the change the channel. Thats where the indoctrination begins .
I'm glad you could find a safe space.

Old 01-30-2018, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Here's the history of everything, I guess...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuCn8ux2gbs

The History Chanel, Discovery, etc., have all been usurped by political leftists; and lets not forget TLC once was an informative outlet for logical reason (really, it once was).

Even the Science Chanel has become the How It's Made Chanel....zzzzz

All propaganda of some degree, imo....
Ah~ I forgot about TLC.. once a good channel about stories in the ER, nurses saving lives, law enforcement careers and learning ...

I guess you can now watch " i am jazz"

When Jazz Jennings was 2 years old, she asked her mother when a fairy was going to change her from a boy to a girl. Now years removed from the beginning of her transition, Jazz is a transgender young woman with a unique perspective and some unexpected daily experiences

Old 01-30-2018, 07:34 PM

800 posts, read 508,818 times
I can't think of a more oversaturated market than left leaning media. Especially with regards to late night shows and comedians. How can it all stay afloat? Seems there would be no more demand for this stuff. Is Soros subsidizing it? Do liberals watch literally ten times as much tv as conservatives? Are conservatives just far more forgiving of what they will watch?

Old 01-30-2018, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wambatown81 View Post
I can't think of a more oversaturated market than left leaning media. Especially with regards to late night shows and comedians. How can it all stay afloat? Seems there would be no more demand for this stuff. Is Soros subsidizing it? Do liberals watch literally ten times as much tv as conservatives? Are conservatives just far more forgiving of what they will watch?
Monopolies control TV. Only a few major players own the majority of all the channels..

Disney is a big player... the list goes on though...

according to this disney's Revenue has Decreased US$55.137 billion (2017)

Old 01-30-2018, 07:55 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,036,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Conservative are such little cry babies. What a pathetic thread..."Oh, poor me, I turned on the TV and saw a history show I did not understand....poor me...I can't stand any show that makes me think...oh, I feel faint, where are the smelling salts..."
Snowflakes - fragile, white things that melt when confronted with reality. We have them all: conservative snowflakes, Confederate snowflakes, and so on.

As for the History Channel, I guess any show that represents facts at any point in time is now "liberal propaganda." Did they dare run a show that didn't portray racism in a positive light or something? Man, righties get angry at everything, lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies