Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2018, 08:20 AM

693 posts, read 356,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
I see a big difference tho... at least the neo nazis are protesting peacefully LOL... they're not burning starbucks stores, flipping cars, and attacking people for disagreeing with them...

Bid difference there.

The difference means nothing to my point.
The POINT remains true....both only represent a very small minority. Period. Those KKK/Nazis do not represent all republicans no more than the anti-trump riots represent all democrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2018, 08:27 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,694,370 times
Quote:
I am not insisting. I am stating a FACT that the History channel has a political biased narrative behind it. Sure, not every single show on there has it but a lot of it does. I get it. People like you fail to discern that Hollywood, 95% of the news, Television , and other forms of mass media have all been hijacked and spew out constant liberal propaganda. I pity the blind sheeps that stand by and allow it to happen. I guess they have just gotten use to it ..... I won't...

prop·a·gan·da
ˌpräpəˈɡandə/Submit
noun
1.derogatory information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.
So again, you only want The History Channel and other networks to show content that aligns with your world view.

censorship
ˈsensərSHip/Submit
noun
the suppression or prohibition of any parts of books, films, news, etc. that are considered obscene, politically unacceptable, or a threat to security.
"the regulation imposes censorship on all media"

Old 01-31-2018, 08:28 AM

42,839 posts, read 26,242,918 times
Quote:
Ahh yes! Because 99% of Human history was in the 20th century...

Why not just rename the channel to 20th century television network? That would suite them better. Let another channel take over for the other 9,900 years of human history...
oh I dunno...maybe more people are interested in periods of history that they can relate to, it might be tough to get an audience to watch a series about Greek Poetry in 400 bc, dontcha think?

Old 01-31-2018, 08:29 AM

693 posts, read 356,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
So again, you only want The History Channel and other networks to show content that aligns with your world view.

censorship
ˈsensərSHip/Submit
noun
the suppression or prohibition of any parts of books, films, news, etc. that are considered obscene, politically unacceptable, or a threat to security.
"the regulation imposes censorship on all media"

They want the bias to be in their favor. If the History Channel showed conservative bias, they'd love it.
I love the hypocrisy from the right. Crying about media bias, all the while, following outlets like Fox, Breitbart, etc.

Old 01-31-2018, 08:41 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,618,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Doesn't that channel also constantly have shows about Nazi Germany. Who wouldn't become paranoid about Germans if not all white people and monoculturalism after being exposed to that on an endless loop?

AHC is worse than History with the endless Nazi loop. I've taken to calling it the American Nazi Network. Not a day goes by there isn't some marathon of Nazi this and Hitler that. History does it to but nowhere near as bad as AHC. American Heroes Channel? Ummm, yea...sure.

Iwatch History Channel for Forged in Fire and that's it. Occasionally AHC will actually have something interesting about the SEALS or fighting aircraft history and such but I'd say at least 80% of their programming is some sort of Nazi stuff.

Makes me wonder a lot why I even have a 43 inch TV and pay for cable. I wind up watching DVDs or TV Land most of the time.....

Old 01-31-2018, 09:00 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,736,290 times
Real talk - where History Channel truly lost its credibility was with Ancient Aliens

Old 01-31-2018, 10:14 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,694,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
Real talk - where History Channel truly lost its credibility was with Ancient Aliens
I read the other day that they are bringing back "In Search Of..."

In Search Of Reboot Coming to History Channel with New Spock | Den of Geek

Makes sense given how popular conspiracy theories are right now.

Old 01-31-2018, 12:07 PM

1,239 posts, read 510,094 times
Quote:
The problem is not me agreeing or disagreeing with change. The problem is not being able to go and watch a un-biased non-political TV show or movie .. if thats a positive change for you , then possibly people like you are the problem for allowing it to happen.
You understand that Facebook is not a TV show, right? The people who run their Social Media have nothing to do with their programming, and are probably not even in the same building.

All that being said, what on earth is not historical about that moment from the Olympics?
How is World War 2 a Liberal thing? World War 2 is the most infamous event in World History, and there is far more footage, and first hand accounts available than from any event prior. Of course it receives more coverage?

Are you upset watching the nazi scum get beat over and over? Do you get annoyed seeing America at it its highest point, defeating evil?

Old 01-31-2018, 12:25 PM

1,239 posts, read 510,094 times
Quote:
I see a big difference tho... at least the neo nazis are protesting peacefully LOL... they're not burning starbucks stores, flipping cars, and attacking people for disagreeing with them...

Bid difference there.
Peacefully?
They assaulted many, and even murdered someone.

What ****ing planet do you live on?

Old 01-31-2018, 12:31 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,221,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
Peacefully?
They assaulted many, and even murdered someone.

What ****ing planet do you live on?
An alternate reality of Earth, where everything that he doesn't agree with is somehow an agenda against him, and his right wing sensibilities...or should I say sensitivities.

This is the same guy saying that a picture of Chewbacca perfectly matches that of Michelle Obama and describes her perfectly, so that should say something about OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies