Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2018, 07:54 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,994,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
What would you have preferred The History Channel showed in place of the historical events they noted yesterday?
Anything... the revolutionary war? The founding of America? The Roman Era? Persian Empire? The 1600's? The bronze age? Postclassical Era ?

Theres almost 10k years of History to choose from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2018, 07:57 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,264,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Every time I hear you guys complain I just turn this on and remind myself of the liberal voter base. These videos of people rioting, crying, destroying property re-assures me that I will never vote democrat for the rest of my life.

You guys may have hijacked TV , hollywood, radio ...etc but we have the whitehouse, senate, and the house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDYNVH0U3cs
Sounds like you found a solution to your disdain for the History Channel. Have fun

Old 01-31-2018, 07:58 AM

693 posts, read 357,709 times
Quote:
Every time I hear you guys complain I just turn this on and remind myself of the liberal voter base. These videos of people rioting, crying, destroying property re-assures me that I will never vote democrat for the rest of my life.

You guys may have hijacked TV , hollywood, radio ...etc but we have the whitehouse, senate, and the house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDYNVH0U3cs

You mean....like this????????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iFA7mMX0MY

Old 01-31-2018, 07:59 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,719,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Really? We do not require safe spaces, crayons and petting animals, nor do we pay for hugs, we also do not scream at the sky by the thousands. Sorry snowflakes turning that argument on itself is long past credible.

They have become the very things they hate.
No?

Insisting that a TV channel not note actual history because it illustrates a particular point of view is the very definition of requiring a safe space.
The OP clearly wants to be "safe" from actual history that makes him uncomfortable and/or depicts the U.S. as something other than he wants it to be.

A little self-reflection might be in order.

Old 01-31-2018, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Sounds like you found a solution to your disdain for the History Channel. Have fun
I don’t know about you but I noticed a stark difference in the videos .. yeah they were upset but nothing like the 2016 election. Those were just still photos . I mean the videos I’ve seen recently were riots, destruction of property, death threats , people wanting to kill themselves , etc .. the list goes on .. everyone was over the romney election in one week . It’s been over a year and libs are still crying 😭

Old 01-31-2018, 08:09 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,719,065 times
Quote:
Anything... the revolutionary war? The founding of America? The Roman Era? Persian Empire? The 1600's? The bronze age? Postclassical Era ?

Theres almost 10k years of History to choose from.
So basically anything not related to the 20th century and the fight for equal rights?

Got it.

Old 01-31-2018, 08:14 AM

693 posts, read 357,709 times
Quote:
I don’t know about you but I noticed a stark difference in the videos .. yeah they were upset but nothing like the 2016 election. Those were just still photos . I mean the videos I’ve seen recently were riots, destruction of property, death threats , people wanting to kill themselves , etc .. the list goes on .. everyone was over the romney election in one week . It’s been over a year and libs are still crying 😭

The riots and destruction were the cause of a very...VERY small % of americans. They do not represent democrats.

But hey, if you want to paint an entire group of americans based on the actions of a very small minority, go right ahead.

But, if you do....own it when people paint all trump supporters as KKK, nazis and white supremicist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1Uao75uM2k

Old 01-31-2018, 08:15 AM

Quote:
No?

Insisting that a TV channel not note actual history because it illustrates a particular point of view is the very definition of requiring a safe space.
The OP clearly wants to be "safe" from actual history that makes him uncomfortable and/or depicts the U.S. as something other than he wants it to be.

A little self-reflection might be in order.
I am not insisting. I am stating a FACT that the History channel has a political biased narrative behind it. Sure, not every single show on there has it but a lot of it does. I get it. People like you fail to discern that Hollywood, 95% of the news, Television , and other forms of mass media have all been hijacked and spew out constant liberal propaganda. I pity the blind sheeps that stand by and allow it to happen. I guess they have just gotten use to it ..... I won't...

prop·a·gan·da
ˌpräpəˈɡandə/Submit
noun
1.derogatory information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.

Old 01-31-2018, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbernard View Post
The riots and destruction were the cause of a very...VERY small % of americans. They do not represent democrats.

But hey, if you want to paint an entire group of americans based on the actions of a very small minority, go right ahead.

But, if you do....own it when people paint all trump supporters as KKK, nazis and white supremicist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1Uao75uM2k
I see a big difference tho... at least the neo nazis are protesting peacefully LOL... they're not burning starbucks stores, flipping cars, and attacking people for disagreeing with them...

Bid difference there.

Old 01-31-2018, 08:19 AM

Quote:
So basically anything not related to the 20th century and the fight for equal rights?

Got it.
Ahh yes! Because 99% of Human history was in the 20th century...

Why not just rename the channel to 20th century television network? That would suite them better. Let another channel take over for the other 9,900 years of human history...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies