Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2018, 10:59 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,397,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Considering the number of them that think Fox News and Breitbart are actual news sources, I would say the answer to that question is "yes." They aren't a discerning audience, that's for sure.
No less discerning than the number of you who see the Washington Post as an actual news source, among many other dubious "news" brands whose primary mission is to feed and enforce the neo-liberal party line - no matter how biased or conspiratorial.

At least Breitbart doesn't employ pretend liberals on staff like the WaPo and the NYT does pretend conservatives.

This makes Breitbart much less intellectually dishonest, and less disrespectful to the collective intelligence of the nation, than either the NYT or the Washington Post who chooses to pretend to be what they are not.

Breitbart may have a tabloid presentation style (bold attention grabbing headlines), but one cannot impugn its accurate representation of the politics of the conservative base. Whereas MSM publications like the WaPo pretend to be what they are not every day of the week.

My favorite NYT and WaPo conservatives are David "served in the IDF" Brooks and Jennifer "Friend of Israel" Rubin (seriously, it says that on her Twitter profile - one would think "Friend of America" would be more appropriate given her position as a political pundit) who can't think of a larger evil than anything short of open borders but who wouldn't dream of the same for their primary concern.

So, yes, please go on thinking that your news outlets aren't pure propaganda for one party line.

The rest of the country will keep diverging from your contingent, and you'll continue to have no idea why that truly is (other than what disingenuous personalities like Brooks and Rubin attempt to convince you of, that is).

Last edited by golgi1; 01-30-2018 at 11:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2018, 11:05 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,078,177 times
Try watching a 'Nature' program on PBS without some time in the 55 minutes hearing 'but because of climate change'.

Old 01-30-2018, 11:06 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,361,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
History Channle is trash. Not because it is suddenly liberal but because it has only old documentaries on all the wars and can only produce really niche documentaries so they have to switch to how Aliens created everything and Pawn Shops which isn’t actual history.
Uh...

Vikings.

Old 01-30-2018, 11:11 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,397,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
They must have had a program on the Civil War that showed the North won.

Carry on.

They should do a show about how the group that fielded the bulk of soldiers for the Union Army and the US army in WWII, the heartland Germans, are now held to be ever-potential evil nazis and co-responsible for slavery.

Guilt which is cranked up to 11 if they mention anything about meaningful immigration controls.

That would be honest of the the "History"...cough... Channel.

Old 01-30-2018, 11:15 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,747,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Conservative are such little cry babies. What a pathetic thread..."Oh, poor me, I turned on the TV and saw a history show I did not understand....poor me...I can't stand any show that makes me think...oh, I feel faint, where are the smelling salts..."
Must be hard trying to deal with the fact Trump is president.

What's funny is leftists demand safe spaces because words hurt their feelings, and they march down the street in large groups dressing in genitalia, shouting vulgarity to protest our president.

Old 01-31-2018, 03:08 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
So I have them added on FB. The consistently are spewing liberal propaganda 24/7 . I did some research and noticed that they are owned by A&E and then A&E is owned by DISNEY.

What happened to the History Channel? I remember watching WWII history documentaries . Documentaries about guns and actual History....

They constantly post about Trump, Russia...national gay pride... watergate...

The channel has morphed into another liberal crap channel with constant propaganda..

Here is a photo of todays propaganda....
So where do I need to go to hear conservative propaganda spewed out? Fox News?

Old 01-31-2018, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Here is todays propaganda

So how would you have reworded the propaganda to suit your taste?

Old 01-31-2018, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
You can't escape liberalism no matter where you go. It's so opressive. If you tried to hide under a rock somewhere, liberals would come find you.
Hey, just keep your TV set tuned to Fox News, in order to hide from liberals.

Old 01-31-2018, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Here's the history of everything, I guess...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuCn8ux2gbs

The History Chanel, Discovery, etc., have all been usurped by political leftists; and lets not forget TLC once was an informative outlet for logical reason (really, it once was).

Even the Science Chanel has become the How It's Made Chanel....zzzzz

All propaganda of some degree, imo....
Then why don't you go watch the Trinity Broadcasting Network and find out if they have been able to replace the late Paul and Jan Crouch.

Old 01-31-2018, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Yeah simply change the channel from one liberal programming to the next lol.
You mean even TBN has turned liberal Christian? God forbid!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies