Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2018, 03:25 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
I would guess that the reason that AHC has so much Nazi stuff is that viewers watch it.

You have to be pretty warped to think that programming on the crimes of the Nazis is “anti-white”, unless you’re a Neo-Nazi.
Of course it is when all you ever present about the wonderful German culture is the less than 12 year Nazi history on an endless loop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2018, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
You didn't answer my question. Why does "the system"(IE the money), hate you?

What does "the money" want? Why would you possibly believe that YOU can beat THEM.

When have people like you ever beaten anything? Go live under your rock. And let THEM control all of the institutions which will destroy you.

You must destroy the root if you want to kill the tree. But what is the root?
We have a slight disagreement. The root of the problem is using foreign interloper voters and identity politics. America can keep its classism and pursuit of wealth for all I care, but do we need to completely genetically modify and culturally alter it? Jeez have some native babies or something else instead to promote population growth.

Old 01-31-2018, 03:30 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Just look at all of these propaganda shows, the nerve of the History Channel.

Alone
American Pickers
American Restoration
Ancient Aliens
Big Easy Motors
Counting Cars
The Curse of Oak Island
Forged In Fire
Iron & Fire
Mountain Men
Night Class
Ozzy & Jack's World Detour
Pawn Stars
Swamp People

CLEARLY A LEFT WING AGENDA!

Old 01-31-2018, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post

Alone
American Pickers
American Restoration
Ancient Aliens
Big Easy Motors
Counting Cars
The Curse of Oak Island
Forged In Fire
Iron & Fire
Mountain Men
Night Class
Pawn Stars
Swamp People

Yeah just presenting white people as mostly rednecks and simpletons.

Old 01-31-2018, 03:33 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,401,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post

Alone
American Pickers
American Restoration
Ancient Aliens
Big Easy Motors
Counting Cars
The Curse of Oak Island
Forged In Fire
Iron & Fire
Mountain Men
Night Class
Pawn Stars
Swamp People

It's the "Ancient Aliens". Anything to do with aliens, legal, illegal or extraterrestrial, gets conservatives' panties all on fire.

Old 01-31-2018, 03:37 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,901,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
It's either present them as mostly rednecks and simpletons or evil, brutal dictators. What's your pick?

Old 01-31-2018, 03:39 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
You love playing the victim, I can tell.

Old 01-31-2018, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
It's either present them as mostly rednecks and simpletons or evil, brutal dictators. What's your pick?
You're right. Neither is an accurate description but that's the false dichotomy liberals present us.

Old 01-31-2018, 03:49 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,588,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
Yoda is clearly a metaphor for Bernie Sanders....
Star Wars, even the OT, may have been liberal because Lucas said that he thought of the Ewoks as the Viet Cong, implying that the USA was the Empire. Also, supposedly Palpatine is a reference to Nixon as well as Hitler.

Anyway, for sure Force Awakens was more liberal and The Last Jedi was pure liberal propaganda.

Old 01-31-2018, 04:57 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
Damn, he edited the post about hiding from liberals under rocks. Had so many good comebacks for that one. lol

Sick. White culture is not gay nazi culture. obtuse nazis killed many white people. opposing loser nazis is not liberal, it's just what decent human beings do.

I agree, the other parts of World War 2 are important as well.
The History Channel covers them though. Obviously not as much, but I've watched plenty with my wife. It probably doesn't get as many viewers, which means it gets less air time.

Looking at the schedule I linked to earlier, it seems The History Channel puts long blocks of similarly themed content together. I can definitely see how that might get tiresome.

Are there any good Documentaries you would recommend to check out on the less covered aspects of World War 2?

Hmmm, I can't recommend any specific documentaries right off the top of my head. Not by name anyway. Sometimes AHC does run one called WW2 in Color which is enhanced original footage from the Pacific Island campaigns (the one on Okinawa I recall as quite good). My interest in WW2 history has always leaned heavier to the Pacific theatre.

When I was a kid I built lots of ship and airplane models from the Pacific. My Dad was in the Navy and I grew up on his stories about carrier operations and Naval engagements. WW2 era Navy fighter and attack aircraft have always been an interest of mine. Occasionally (usually in the wee hours) AHC will run shows that cover that sort of thing . Shows like Top Ten that cover things like aircraft, tanks, even small arms evolution from yesteryear and elswhen to today.

WW2 Hell in the Pacific is also a good set of documentaries that has good information on some of the less notarized island invasions like Kwajelain and Aniweetok , Tarawa and Saipan. Those landings were even more brutal than Iwo and Guadacanal but don't have the notoriety. Same with a couple I've seen about Coral Sea, Leyte Gulf the Aleutian islands etc. Less well known but key and pivotal campaigns and engagements.

It was really the Pacific theatre that revolutionized modern sea warfare and the coming of age of the aircraft carrier as THE primary factor in sea power. These are the types of documentaries I watch for on History and AHC. I'm far more interested in how the carrier ushered in the age of modern sea power than specifics on how Hitlers Gestapo goons and the SS turned Germany into a police state.

Or how planes like the F6F Hellcat and F4U Corsair turned the tables on the Japanese A6M Zero in air combat over the Pacific. Those sort of things interest me far more than being reminded over and over what the Nazis were. The Nazis were a disease that needed to be eradicated for obvious reasons. I'm just less interested in the specifics of their brutality and twisted ideology than in how we removed them from the equation.

I also find it odd in how the brutality of the Nazis is so heavily expounded on when the Japanese were actually far worse in a great many ways. What the Japanese did in Burma, the Phillipines and China was far worse than what the Nazis did say in France. Ofuna prison camp was every bit as brutal and sick as Auschwitz and Dachau yet I've actually never seen a single documentary on it or other Japanese camps that were just as bad.

I learned about those places via my library card. I have to say that I'm not even close to being on the same page with the OP in seeing this seemingly endless Nazi loop in AHCs programming line up as being some sort of liberal propaganda ploy to promote multiculturalism.

That seems just a bit to far out there to my thinking. I do find it odd that Japans atrocities are overshadowed so heavily by Nazi Germany in the history books. Imperial Japan was every bit as bad if not worse. And in order to find out about that one pretty much has to rely on books. I have seen but only a couple documentaries dealing with that subject.

I did a couple volunteer sessions when my son was in high school in his history class and other than my son not a single student could tell me who Hideki Tojo was, had ever even heard of Bataan or had a clue what happened in Nanking but they all at least knew who Adolf Hitler was and knew all about the Holocaust in Europe. I had to take a couple raised eyebrow looks at the teacher.

WW2 in the Pacific as far as how the history of it is presented seems to go from Pearl Harbor straight to Hiroshima and Nagasaki. It's really sad that so many people don't even know about things like the sinking of the Indianapolis, the Bataan Death March, the rape of Nanking, the scourging of Burma, Wake island, the Aleutians, ,Iron Bottom Sound, the Kamikazi's, and just how huge a threat Imperial Japan was to the United States. I've even run across people who think it was Germany that bombed Pearl Harbor. Sad, really, really sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies