Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2018, 04:28 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,807,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
7 FISA renewals all of which required that new information was being gained. Its pretty common not to arrest spies and to watch who they talk to, and hat they do.
Good point a FISA renewal requires FBI to present evidence that they are continuing to suspect the person of some involvement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2018, 04:28 PM

37,170 posts, read 19,265,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
It was also sponsored by Republicans.
Initially, yes. The whole thing was begun by republicans looking for dirt on Trump. They gave up on it when he became the republican candidate.

Old 02-02-2018, 04:29 PM

42,867 posts, read 26,366,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Then why didn't the FBI correct this when they reviewed the memo?
Here's a statement from Christopher Wray:

“With regard to the House Intelligence Committee’s memorandum, the FBI was provided a limited opportunity to review this memo the day before the committee voted to release it,” the statement said. “As expressed during our initial review, we have grave concerns about material omissions of fact that fundamentally impact the memo’s accuracy.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.1c41b205e7d3

7,827 posts, read 3,391,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
How? There is nothing in the memo that points to any wrongdoing.
Using a dossier paid for by the opposition candidate, knowing it was not accurate to obtain a FISA warrant to wiretap another candidacy and withholding that information from the judge is not wrongdoing? I'm not a national security attorney; are you?

I guess we will wait and see what the attorneys say.

90 posts, read 136,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Repeating a lie doesn't make it true.

FISA warrant based upon Trump staffer who reported to authorities.

Yeah I'll have to remember that next time I go before a federal judge in pursuit of a TITLE I FISA warrant.
No lying.

Old 02-02-2018, 04:30 PM

26,577 posts, read 14,482,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Liberal logic: this memo could discredit the Mueller investigation,.....
"As I have said repeatedly, I also remain 100 percent confident in Special Counsel Robert Mueller. The contents of this memo do not - in any way - discredit his investigation."

-Trey Gowdy

5,731 posts, read 2,200,366 times
Did the FBI use the FISA they received for Page to monitor the rest of the Trump campaign and transition team? I find it hard to believe they went through all that trouble to just monitor an insignificant volunteer on the campaign.

38,859 posts, read 25,587,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
And the guy that looks the worst from all this is that wretched sleaze Adam Schiff. He's ethically bankrupt and completely compromised his position and corrupt beyond belief. He needs to resign and be prosecuted for this and other crimes.

Contact the Keebler elf at DOJ.

He requires your guidance.

Old 02-02-2018, 04:31 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,681,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Did the FBI use the FISA they received for Page to monitor the rest of the Trump campaign and transition team? I find it hard to believe they went through all that trouble to just monitor an insignificant volunteer on the campaign.
That has not been stated anywhere. It's apparently just Carter Page.

Old 02-02-2018, 04:32 PM

57,421 posts, read 26,319,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Nothing in that memo should be classified. Not one thing.

What the Russians might have learned --- I was surprised to learn --- our DOJ uses newspaper articles as evidence in efforts to spy on citizens.
There have been plenty of investigative newspaper articles that have led to prosecutions, there are many sources that investigators use. The dossier was not their sole reason for acquiring the warrant, Page had quite a history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies