Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Trump's military parade: yes or no?
Yes. 37 16.37%
No, 170 75.22%
Don't care. 19 8.41%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 01:49 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,279,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
I would.

Oogle over the toys they get to play with and salute those in uniform tasked with defending this nation from all threats foreign and domestic. I'd go to one. Not watch one on tv...
Also serves as a morale boost to those in uniform being applauded and cheered on.
If you have a problem with appreciating and encouraging those in uniform while showing appreciation and support, I guess that's your right to do so that they would defend with their life.

Some folks can appreciate that sort of thing.
Decorum, display of interesting equipment, discipline, etc.

To others that's either showing off, show of force, Saber rattling, unnecessary, alien, undeserving of appreciation... I'm not of that persuasion though.
Another one that didn’t put in work when he was young enough to do so. ^^^

Now you wanna play toy soldier with someone else’s time and effort.

No military parade has EVER boosted troop morale. Parades SAP troop morale because troops ABHOR parades.

Wanna look at toys and admire decorum? Go visit your nearest military installation and take a look at the hardware and talk to the troops. Create your own dog and pony show. But lose the stupid idea of a parade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2018, 01:55 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,684,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Another one that didn’t put in work when he was young enough to do so. ^^^

Now you wanna play toy soldier with someone else’s time and effort.

No military parade has EVER boosted troop morale. Parades SAP troop morale because troops ABHOR parades.

Wanna look at toys and admire decorum? Go visit your nearest military installation and take a look at the hardware and talk to the troops. Create your own dog and pony show. But lose the stupid idea of a parade.
Maybe he needs a trip to Iraq or N. Syria where real Americans are fighting a real war and all the guns are cocked and ready.

Nah, Trump would never do that. Accommodations are the $hits over there.

Old 02-07-2018, 01:57 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,607,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
I find parades generally a colossal waste of money, but my family digs on them, and why not goof off outside on a sunny day? So I go, and I can tell you, having been to many 4th of July and Memorial Day parades on Constitution Ave...people cheer like crazy for all the military stuff.

Hell, my favorite memorial in that town, The Lone Sailor, is off the beaten path and kinda tiny, but is one of the few that doesn't glorify a politician, rich person, or officer. Most of that town honors a dead politician or rich guy, and I find the entire theory of venerating politicians to be kind of repellent. But, people dig on seeing the coolness go down Constitution Ave, and Trump isn't the first one to want bigger, brighter plumage on the floats.

My point is that Trump is not being unique here, he's just uniquely despised so a new narrative is evolving that in the history of parades, he'll be the first to flaunt the military. It's bunk.
The thing is, for those who must participate, this will not be "goofing off on a sunny day." It will be a command performance, probably at a time most would rather be doing just that - goofing off, and spending the day with their own families, rather than entertaining yours - or Trump's.

Old 02-07-2018, 01:59 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,279,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Maybe he needs a trip to Iraq or N. Syria where real Americans are fighting a real war and all the guns are cocked and ready.

Nah, Trump would never do that. Accommodations are the $hits over there.
Lol..that guy said that a parade would “boost troop morale!”

That’s one of the stupidest things I’ve ever heard. Damn pogues who never served get on my damn nerves.

Old 02-07-2018, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Can't believe we have a 39 page topic about something that Trump never said.

I guess it goes to show how Trump Haters still believe the MSM without question.
This is getting ridiculous. How much proof do you need that he said he wants this?

My God.

Old 02-07-2018, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
bible thumping, gun tottin', third grade edjumacted, sister marryin' trumpster morons with bad teeth ain't saying a military parade is a good idea, we be saying it is not goose steppin' propaganda.

perhaps the military deserves some public praise these days. the armed forces are amazing people.

the hate is so evident on this thread. smdh
It may have escaped your notice, but several of those amazing people have said that they oppose this, consider it a waste of money, and would rather spend the holiday amusing themselves, rather than Don.

Old 02-07-2018, 02:06 PM

15,656 posts, read 10,434,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

You’re another one that didn’t put in work, but you now wanna sound so pro military.
the father of my children missed being drafted into Vietnam war by 5 months. things may have turned out differently in my life, his life, and my children's lives if the Vietnam war had lasted another few months.

I am very pro military because six family members died in the military in this country and what they accomplished by their sacrifices. also, my father served; my husband's father served. I respect the military and their families for the risks and sacrifices they make to protect us every day.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 02-07-2018 at 02:17 PM..

2,630 posts, read 1,460,223 times
It certainly will be fascinating to see the US military goose stepping as they pass in front of Trump.

29,266 posts, read 16,824,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
It may have escaped your notice, but several of those amazing people have said that they oppose this, consider it a waste of money, and would rather spend the holiday amusing themselves, rather than Don.

Total waste of money...let DJT spend his Personal money for HIS parade. While he's at it, he can get many of the damaged troops off the streets they call their homes. Geeeeeeeeeezzzz

Last edited by jaminhealth; 02-07-2018 at 03:12 PM..

Old 02-07-2018, 02:16 PM

6,315 posts, read 4,223,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
You think it evidence of "hate" that many of us don't want our military to be used as props to bolster the self-esteem of the narcissist-in-chief?

Using the military as personal playthings is what despots do.
Only those with no respect for the military would support this authoritarian display.

I agree. Even veterans , you know those folks that actually served, are not happy about this. It’s not gone unnoticed that while our sons and daughters have served, been maimed, lost their lives, trumps sons were riding high in private jets to places for safari hunts, and their father had 5 deferments to get out of serving in Vietnam.
https://taskandpurpose.com/take-your...plated-toilet/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies