Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Other than the shooter, who do you think is most responsible for the tragedy
Youtube, for deleting the warning comments of someone on the video 1 0.71%
The FBI 19 13.57%
The sheriff and his deputies 19 13.57%
The NRA 21 15.00%
Donald Trump 1 0.71%
The Second Amendment 6 4.29%
The FBI AND the sheriff and deputies and maybe Youtube too 51 36.43%
Other 22 15.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 05:05 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Oh boy.

Cruz went to a McDonalds after the shooting. Trump likes McDonalds.

I'm getting my Vodka shot ready (picks up shot glass)...
I'm glad you're having fun at the expense of a lot of grieving people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
And as proved yesterday. Obama's gun control law didn't work. Time to do something different.

What part of that don't you understand? Oh that's right, you got it from NBC.
Serious question: Did Obama's proposal for more inclusive background checks that would prevent mental ill people and those on the terrorist watch list from buying guns ever go into effect? I don't believe it did which would me you were premature in saying it didn't work.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 02-15-2018 at 05:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2018, 05:05 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
That is putting blame on guns which is no different than President Trump blaming the Parkland community for not doing more. To be honest, everybody's hands are tied because of rights of students especially disruptive ones, rights of gun owners.
Guns are too easy to obtain and too many of the WRONG people have them - like this young man; like the Columbine shooters; like the Sandy Hook Shooter . . .

All using some kind of semi automatic rifle.

Ban those.

Old 02-15-2018, 05:07 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
false... the Florida high school shooter make reference to various ideologies including communism and perhaps ISIS, and voter records confirmed that the 19-year-old Nicolas Cruz was a Democratic voter.
LOL. He wears a MAGA hat and hangs out with white supremacists.

Get real.

It does seem he dabbled in a lot of extreme ideas though; I'll give you that.

Old 02-15-2018, 05:10 PM

17,308 posts, read 12,255,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Here is what I'll admit.

I'll admit that I'm tired of watching the same emotional knee jerkers pretend that an inanimate object is to blame for horrendous acts committed by nutjobs. I'll admit that I'm tired of seeing the same people claiming that prohibition of guns will somehow magically work, when prohibition of any other item has been proven not to work. I'll admit that I'm tired of people trying to excuse the behavior of criminals by blaming their crimes on access to firearms.
It has been proven to work in other countries. Doesn't jive with our constitution and freedom is messy, but doesn't mean it doesn't work.

But there were a number of red flags for this instance that surely some reasonable control could have prevented, at least the particular method that he acquired it. Sure he could have turned to the black market, if he had such connections/know how which I doubt.

Old 02-15-2018, 05:10 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Yet he wore AntiFA garb.
There is no official Antifa garb, don't be silly. He wore black but that doesn't make him Antifa any more than it makes him a black panther.

Old 02-15-2018, 05:13 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
I see y'all posting the stories claiming the Florida school shoot was a "white supremacist." And I have to say, I think you're missing the point. Every time there is a mass shooting, both sides try to make their opposition look bad.

In the hours after the shooter was arrested, I literally heard that he was a "dreamer," a registered Democrat, a Trump Supporter, an antiFA loyalist and an illegal alien. As if any of this mattered in the long term. What we do know is that he was an ******* with an AR-15 who killed 17 people and injured about as many others.

Painting him in the opposite political spectrum of the one you identify with is stupid and lazy and does nothing to address that actual issues.

Old 02-15-2018, 05:15 PM

50,295 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revelations39 View Post
Correction: They were white. Yep I said it. Since no one where will.
wrong https://www.statista.com/statistics/...hooter-s-race/

Which is consistent with the geographics of the US.

Old 02-15-2018, 05:15 PM

3,733 posts, read 5,966,964 times
Trump's words of comfort were a great performance. Too bad he made it easier for mentally ill people to get guns. He must have forgotten that.

Old 02-15-2018, 05:18 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
because his law did nothing

Obama's gun control measure was not a law but a rule that required the Social Security Administration to report disability-benefit recipients with mental health conditions to the FBI’s background check system, which is used to screen firearm buyers

did NOTHING about actual mental health.. did NOTHING about requiring reporting.. did NOTHING to stop this latest tragedy ..... trump reversing a USELESS rule about SSDI, don't cause this... failure of government (both parties) to address the mental health issue in the USA is what is at fault

if he would have ACTUALLY signed a REAL LAW (not just a rule about ssdi) mandating health records be shared...having the background check SEE ALL THE RED FLAGS... his law was only a 'tip of the hat' (a feel good 'rule' that did nothing to address the real problem)...it did nothing
President Obama recommended the now-nullified regulation in a 2013 memo following the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School, which left 20 first graders and six others dead.

The rule added people receiving Social Security checks for mental illnesses and people deemed unfit to handle their own financial affairs to the national background check database.

The bill signed into law by the Grifter-in-chief & revoking common sense:

H.J.Res.40
https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...-resolution/40

Old 02-15-2018, 05:22 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,310,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Nobody with a knife, garotte or tire iron could kill 17 people, and injure more, in the same amount of time an automatic weapon can kill. They would be jumped on and stopped very quickly.

Faulty logic.
How about a homemade bomb? Remember Boston? Sept 11, 2001? We should outlaw manure and airplanes, right?

Your logic isn't exactly infallible.

BTW, I'm considered a Liberal by some and Conservative by others. I don't vote for either PP.

And in case you are prone to stereotyping, let me reassure you, I can't stand Donald Trump.

I only stand by the reality that inanimate objects don't kill people. People kill people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies