Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Other than the shooter, who do you think is most responsible for the tragedy
Youtube, for deleting the warning comments of someone on the video 1 0.71%
The FBI 19 13.57%
The sheriff and his deputies 19 13.57%
The NRA 21 15.00%
Donald Trump 1 0.71%
The Second Amendment 6 4.29%
The FBI AND the sheriff and deputies and maybe Youtube too 51 36.43%
Other 22 15.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 10:32 AM

16,912 posts, read 10,614,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
When people are frightened out of their minds, that's the best opportunity has for the left to use them as knee-jerk propaganda tools to push their unworkable agenda.

Interesting. Has CNN recently put together a "news" group that jumps into action at every new school shooting or mass murder, specifically to grab witnesses and get them to scream about guns before the shock wears off and the witnesses can stop trembling and begin thinking again?

That would be right up the leftist-fanatic alley. "Never let a good crisis go to waste."
That’s what I’m thinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2018, 10:43 AM

1,704 posts, read 751,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
That’s what I’m thinking.
What!

So we're not supposed to have access to current events?

We're not supposed to be outraged at gun caused mass-killings of innocent human beings?

And this, all due to prevent some kinda conspiratorial liberal outcry that's necessary to promote some kinda leftist agenda

Touch yourself in order to confirm that you're really a warm-blooded human being!

Old 02-20-2018, 10:50 AM

18,740 posts, read 7,637,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
That would be right up the leftist-fanatic alley. "Never let a good crisis go to waste."
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
What!
When you throw a rock into a pack of cur dogs, you can tell who it hit by seeing which one yelps loudest.

Last edited by Roboteer; 02-20-2018 at 11:02 AM..

Old 02-20-2018, 10:54 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,682,887 times
Quote:
What!

We're not supposed to be outraged at gun caused mass-killings of innocent human beings?

And this, all due to prevent some kinda conspiratorial liberal outcry that's necessary to promote some kinda leftist agenda

Touch yourself in order to confirm that you're really a warm-blooded human being!

You just proved the point about knee jerk reactions with this post.

Having access to current events is fine, but I'd caution you to make sure the reporters are reporting facts and not putting a spin on them to push an agenda.... such as the one they have about gun control and their skewed "facts" that claim there have been 18 school shootings this year alone. It's completely bogus and triggers knee jerk reactions that aren't needed.

You should be outraged.... but know what you should be outraged about. Not that a gun killed someone. But that a mentally unstable person was allowed to continue coming to the school despite very clear warning signs to both the students, teachers, and family that the guy had problems and those signs were ignored. People are so afraid of being labeled if they call someone out that most will now sit idly by while someone continues to spiral out of control. Then when that person snaps, they blame anything they can so long as it isn't a person for that same fear. You should also be outraged that this guys parents (before they passed) and guardians didn't instill enough in him to recognize the value of a life no matter how angry he became.

It's not a conspiracy. Liberals want guns removed from society. They don't even attempt to hide that agenda. They've been pushing for years to get more gun control. These types of issues just help their cause so of course they're going to exploit any opportunity that they can.

Being human doesn't mean you support more gun control. Everyone that screams gun control never seem to realize that the only people who will follow gun control laws are law abiding citizens. NOT the criminal. So all you're really doing is disarming the public so that criminals can have a field day. So one could argue that if you really want to look at it from a saving humanity perspective, the answer isn't to remove guns. It's to better teach people how to use them and to evaluate those who want to buy them to make sure they aren't a mental case who shouldn't own a gun.

Do the research. Gun crimes are committed more in areas with the strictest gun control laws or in establishments that ban guns.

Old 02-20-2018, 10:58 AM

Quote:
TRANSLATION: Oops, I can't refute what they guy said, and it totally blows away what I was trying to fool people into believing. I'd better change the subject and pretend he said something else instead.

Quote:
TRANSLATION: And in case that doesn't fool anybody, I'll change the subject again and try to pretend he said yet another thing he didn't. If I keep this charade up long enough, maybe somebody somewhere will believe me.

Old 02-20-2018, 11:01 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,103,766 times
I give you people credit - you are relentless.

To those of us on the right side of this issue, these people don't listen. You're wasting your time.

They just scream "BAN ASSAULT WEAPONS" or "BAN GUNS" or "MORE REGULATIONS" and so on. They don't want to deal with the issue.

What a comical, revolving waste of time these threads are.

Best strategy: wait until the thread has "died", around 300 or 500 pages. Then post the LAST COMMENT about something that hopefully most people will see at the end. Then go on about your way. What a waste.

Old 02-20-2018, 11:02 AM

4,802 posts, read 3,517,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Could you clarify?

Are you comparing guns to legal medicine?

Are you comparing people with mental health issues to drug addicts?

I don't want to "get rid" of guns. That's a very juvenile argument.
Sometimes you need to speak at the level of the audience

Old 02-20-2018, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I give you people credit - you are relentless.

To those of us on the right side of this issue, these people don't listen. You're wasting your time.
We're not talking to them. We're pointing out to other readers how silly and wrong the trolls are.

Old 02-20-2018, 11:06 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,682,887 times
I just think it's sad that people have been indoctrinated by the media and the left to believe that banning guns will solve all of our problems.

Let's ignore everything that leads up to picking up a gun in the first place.

- Kids being raised by social media, video games, tv, etc instead of getting interaction from their parents... while their parents sit on the couch and watch tv or go out and leave them at home.

- Kids growing up in a violent household while neighbors stand by and do very little to step in and help the kids.

- Kids being bullied in school while staff look on without doing much to try and punish the bully.

- Kids being taught that they should be more sensitive to everyone else's feelings and to ignore their own.

- Kids being put on medication at the first sign of an internal struggle instead of trying to find the issue and work through it.

Society wants to over-medicate and under-educate kids, while letting them raise themselves. Then they cry out when a kid loses their mind and goes on a killing spree and then live in denial that the adults in that society had no part in the responsibility for the kid turning out the way that they did. You find more times than not that a kid who had a pleasant upbringing becomes a contributing member of society. The same guns are still there, yet they have no desire to pick them up and use them. Why is that?

Old 02-20-2018, 11:13 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,344,941 times
Quote:
I'd just like to know who defined the "left" and the "right" for you.

I hope it wasn't FOX news!
What?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies