Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Other than the shooter, who do you think is most responsible for the tragedy
Youtube, for deleting the warning comments of someone on the video 1 0.71%
The FBI 19 13.57%
The sheriff and his deputies 19 13.57%
The NRA 21 15.00%
Donald Trump 1 0.71%
The Second Amendment 6 4.29%
The FBI AND the sheriff and deputies and maybe Youtube too 51 36.43%
Other 22 15.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 12:08 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,777 times

Advertisements

Once again in Washington state two see something, say something was taken seriously. A 12 year old and 15 year old were taken into custody. Also the news just said that a couple more were taken seriously and found nothing behind them.

There is enough blame to go around even within the local level on this situation. It's time for people to start pulling their heads out of their rears and taking action. I really hope that Trump follows through with his commitments he made during his meeting last week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2018, 12:59 AM

15,531 posts, read 10,504,683 times
https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nat...2vM/story.html

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I was surprised to learn that a male "monitor" saw Cruz getting out of a car with a backpack and duffle bag. Instead of approaching the kid, the monitor called a coworker.

Old 02-26-2018, 03:26 AM

1,704 posts, read 749,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
Once again in Washington state two see something, say something was taken seriously. A 12 year old and 15 year old were taken into custody. Also the news just said that a couple more were taken seriously and found nothing behind them.

There is enough blame to go around even within the local level on this situation. It's time for people to start pulling their heads out of their rears and taking action. I really hope that Trump follows through with his commitments he made during his meeting last week.
Neither Trump nor any other member of the GOP will do anything to impede gun sales. They aren't going increase any age limit. They're not going to eliminate assault-styled weapons or silencers. They will do absolutely nothing but endorse the idea that more Americans should be armed in order to assure greater security for the American public.

Therefore, you can hire more LE officers, you can arm more teachers, or you can increase the firepower of security guards.

That's about it! The NRA's response to all outcries will always be, "more guns"....

Last edited by zeliner; 02-26-2018 at 03:41 AM..

Old 02-26-2018, 04:08 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
They are? Many of them this generation can't even figure out which bathroom to use.

Their opinion means diddly squat to me. Ridiculous. For the love of God this country is turning into a joke.
What a fatuous argument.

Transgender rights are fought for by all ages and have literally nothing to do with this topic. Literally NOTHING.

Old 02-26-2018, 04:10 AM

Quote:
You people are so fixed on the NRA.
Source?

Old 02-26-2018, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Seriously..you go to 4chan for your information? There are no CDC 2018 statistics for anything available at this time, CDC data is usually released two or three years after the reporting year because they use data acquired after the end of the year. 2015 is the most recent year that the CDC has released data

By the way the CDC has not been allowed to even compile data on gun homicides for the past 20 years and abortions are not tracked by the CDC unless a viable fetus is involve. Obesity and tobacco are not a cause of death but rather contributory factors and don't appear on CDC reports. Did you even read that before you posted it?

Here are the real 2015 CDC stats for leading cause of death
All causes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..................... . 2,712,630
1 . . . . . . . . . . Diseases of heart . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 633,842
2 . . . . . . . . . . Malignant neoplasms . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .595,930
3 . . . . . . . . . . Chronic lower respiratory diseases . . . . . . 155,041
4 . . . . . . . . . . Unintentional injuries . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 146,571
5 . . . . . . . . . . Cerebrovascular diseases . . . . . . . . . . . . . 140,323
6 . . . . . . . . . . Alzheimer's disease . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 110,561
7 . . . . . . . . . . Diabetes mellitus . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . .. . . 79,535
8 . . . . . . . . . . Influenza and pneumonia . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 57,062
9 . . . . . . . . . . Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, nephrosis..... 49,959
10 . . . . . . . . . .Suicide..... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ... . 44,193

Talk about fake news
I love you! <3

I knew the stats posted by kavalier were BS.

Old 02-26-2018, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Dear God.

They can't even VOTE! And you want them to run the show?

For the love of everything holy...
But many of them, in less than a year, can opt to sign their lives over to the US gov't though. As a matter of fact, many people DO sign up for the military at 17 years old. That's A-OK though right?

"Give us your lives, but not your opinions."

Sounds 'Murican to me.

Dear God indeed.

Old 02-26-2018, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Even the ones who can vote due to being 18, god help us if they were to take over as has been suggested over the last week or so. We've got enough problems with those who can but don't vote and loons that do vote but certainly shouldn't not to mention those who basically close their eyes and pull a lever.

All I can say to those who're of this mind whatever you're taking please stop now as it won't turn out well...
Quote:
Honestly I wonder if these people have any earthly idea how far off their rockers they look and sound.
But you'd both support them signing their lives over to the US Gov't. At the same exact age that you are complaining about them voicing their opinions.

Yeah, we're the ones "off our rockers." Mhm.

Old 02-26-2018, 04:49 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
The teens from Douglas who was speaking out vary in their ability to speak effectively
Some are more emotional in their appeal but some are extremely intellegent, cogent, and fervent in their ability to present a logical argument for gun reform...
These students are the worst opponent the NRA has faced---
They more than any others have the right to criticize current gun policy and the ideas the NRA advocates...
They are in a state that is balanced on the knife edge at every presidential election because the state while it has many, many GOP voters (I have house in Sarasota county) there are also many more liberal voters...and while people talk about the retiree quota there are also many younger people in this state...
These students are capable of mobilizing other people in a way that the children surviving at Sandy Hook couldn't because of their age---
They are tech savvy and have the potential to keep this fire stoked for a long time

The fact that Rick Scott has taken them and this shooting seriously enough to backtrack on his support of the NRA for decades shows that he knows this is a tipping point...
The FL legislature pushed by Marion Hammer, former head of NRA and HUGE supporter of more guns for everyone, has always supported the NRA's guidelines
I am waiting to see if Scott can get these changes through the legislature--
Some of them are not running for the Senate and might not be that eager to rock the boat...

Old 02-26-2018, 06:21 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Have you ever even witnessed a live shooting incident? I didn't think so...
Ever have a pistol shoved in your face with the nut on the other end threatening you for about 4 minutes? I have. Close enough that I could count each bullet in each chamber and tell you how clean the barrel was.
So yeah, been on the wrong end of a few guns,knives and even chains. I remember telling one idiot "naw, that looks like a lighter" so he popped off a round and the shell casing hit me in the face as it ejected. A 25 cal automatic sure looked like a lighter.

Bet the closest you've ever come is either TV or someone telling you about it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies