Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Other than the shooter, who do you think is most responsible for the tragedy
Youtube, for deleting the warning comments of someone on the video 1 0.71%
The FBI 19 13.57%
The sheriff and his deputies 19 13.57%
The NRA 21 15.00%
Donald Trump 1 0.71%
The Second Amendment 6 4.29%
The FBI AND the sheriff and deputies and maybe Youtube too 51 36.43%
Other 22 15.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 03:03 PM

1,704 posts, read 750,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Why are cops sitting in offices? Unless they are an investigator or supervisor I've never even heard of a cop having an "office", their "office" is usually their patrol car
Well, you've got to have your coffee and doughnuts somewhere!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2018, 03:07 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,169,102 times
So the news is reporting several Broward County officers decided not to go, even when Coral Springs of arrived on the scene , they still didn’t go in.

I can’t bkame them, I’m sure cops are tired of being outgunned. More reason why the average person should have that much firepower

Old 02-23-2018, 03:09 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAjerseychick View Post
did you even read the article. at least "hear" what an expert- has to say- and the writer IS an expert on various types of bullets/ wounds.
I did. They argued a 223 does more damage than a handgun. That may be so but hardly an all encompassing argument. There are many others that do far more damage.

Old 02-23-2018, 03:10 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,446,248 times
And it gets worse. When Coral Springs Police showed up at the scene 3 other Broward County Deputies were waiting outside behind their vehicles with guns drawn but not entering the school. They sent the second responders in?!?!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/so...7Kz&ocid=edgsp

Old 02-23-2018, 03:14 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,784,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
And it gets worse. When Coral Springs Police showed up at the scene 3 other Broward County Deputies were waiting outside behind their vehicles with guns drawn but not entering the school. They sent the second responders in?!?!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/so...7Kz&ocid=edgsp
So now 4 good guys with guns couldn’t stop a bad guy with a gun. Simply reinforces my opinion of what tough talking gun owners are really made of.

Old 02-23-2018, 03:15 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,020,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Psychosis is solved by having someone invite you to lunch
I doubt if daily beatings would help............

Old 02-23-2018, 03:35 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,238,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
So now 4 good guys with guns couldn’t stop a bad guy with a gun. Simply reinforces my opinion of what tough talking gun owners are really made of.

But, but, but. We are going to arm the teachers.

I'm sure Mrs. Millard the English teacher will be able to do what four deputies couldn't.

Old 02-23-2018, 03:36 PM

3,848 posts, read 1,791,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
He was outside. Kids were running out of the freshman building where the alarm was going off. He knew what was going on. He was those kids best line of defense. The Sheriff said it was the SROs job to go in, find the bad guy and kill him. He didn't even go in. This man will have to live the rest of his life with that fact. I hope he never gets another decent night's sleep.
I think your misplacing the blame here. Maybe blame the shooter instead? The officer who didn't go in right away may have heard shots and knew he needed back up also his adrenaline obviously played a role here, you cannot blame him for what happened.

Old 02-23-2018, 03:44 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,531,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
I think your misplacing the blame here. Maybe blame the shooter instead?
Sole responsibility on the shooting lay with that cretin who shot up the school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
The officer who didn't go in right away may have heard shots and knew he needed back up also his adrenaline obviously played a role here, you cannot blame him for what happened.
Typical police tactical response says you go toward where the bullets are. Not saying you have to go right up to the guy but you seek him out. If you can engage him, you engage him and actually hopes he starts aiming at you and not kids and teachers.

The response to Columbine was set up a perimeter and wait for SWAT. Columbine told LEOs that, as President Trump said yesterday, the shooting usually ends rather quickly. (Even though the killers were alive for about 45 minutes in that case.) So, no, I don't blame Peterson for the shooting, but I do feel he has bllod on his hands.

Old 02-23-2018, 03:45 PM

12,391 posts, read 8,161,837 times
I think this Sheriff and everyone crying coward should be the ones on the front lines charging a gunman with help 5 minutes away. If that kind of fighting was expected then the society should have paid for a squad of officers able to cover and support the rest of their team
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies