Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2018, 10:42 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
This entire thread is based on something that is not even true. The goal of feminism is to give women choices. They can choose to be housewives if they want to.
Exactly, choice, not oppression because of neanderthal men who still think they are live in the hunt and gather or agroagarian society. It has changed but they fight it because it benefits them. As I said, narcissist who thinks the world revolves around them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2018, 11:01 PM

Why, exactly, is housework so annoying? Certain specific chores are obviously pretty unpleasant: few people relish cleaning the toilet. But why housework in general? Part of the answer, surely, is that it’s unending, so you never achieve that satisfying sense of getting it out of the way, nor even of having made a little progress.

Few tasks are more like the torture of Sisyphus than housework, with its endless repetition,” wrote Simone de Beauvoir. “The clean becomes soiled, the soiled is made clean, over and over, day after day.” And when family doesn't value the work, it's unpaid work it's worse.

Generally speaking, men genuinely don’t care as much about a clean and tidy home. It would be a very good thing if men were to start shouldering their share of the housework burden. It would be an equally good thing if men and women alike could put down some of that burden, stick it in the cupboard under the stairs, and forget about it. Women wish they didn’t have to do so much housework; men don’t feel the need to do it.

If the patriarchy is so invested in the cleanliness of our carpets, let it come round at the weekend and vacuum them itself.

https://www.theguardian.com/inequali...ork-gender-gap

Old 02-27-2018, 11:04 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
No joke. YouTube has instructions for everything. I replaced a broken sink trap last week while my husband was watching a game. Easy peasy.
Yup -- I've fixed all kinds of appliances all by my lonesome self.

Husband has broken a few trying to repair -- brute strength is not always the answer

Old 02-27-2018, 11:21 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Now feminist are responsible for the industrial revolution. Feminist are also commonly capable handymen. The things you learn on a forum...

Old 02-28-2018, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
In other words after men did all the hard work, move over boys we'll take over from here. Men are still running the machines and keeping modernity going. No society needs feminist any more than it needs any other form of egalitarianism. It's not true equality to "equalize" what's non-identical.
Sure, now imagine if after a hard days work you had to cook, clean, cater to a man who thinks he's superior. I'm sure you wouldn't have any problems with it <sarcasm>

Old 02-28-2018, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Now feminist are responsible for the industrial revolution. Feminist are also commonly capable handymen. The things you learn on a forum...
Actually if the men didn't have the "little lady" at home to cook dinner for him he'd probably go hungry and wouldn't have the energy, besides he would have to get the food first, then he would really stink wearing the same clothes because he'd be too tired to wash, and who can even dare to think how he would live... in a pig pen most likely.

But according to men who believe as you do, women were worthless leaches. It's no damn wonder women wanted, fought and work to be independ. It's no surprise that when a woman is widowed they are not interested in remarrying (what for? To be someone else's maid? pfft) but when men are widowed, they run out trying looking for a new maid. And men like you expect women to bring home the money because you can't support the family on your own, then then expect women to do what you can't do. What a dream boat! <sarcasm>

Last edited by petch751; 02-28-2018 at 01:46 AM..

Old 02-28-2018, 02:00 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Sure, now imagine if after a hard days work you had to cook, clean, cater to a man who thinks he's superior. I'm sure you wouldn't have any problems with it <sarcasm>
I imagine after a day's work a feminist comes home to cook, clean and cater to her cat who thinks he's superior.

Last edited by mtl1; 02-28-2018 at 02:12 AM..

Old 02-28-2018, 05:48 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,803,058 times
Quote:
I imagine after a day's work a feminist comes home to cook, clean and cater to her cat who thinks he's superior.
Funny how the people you’ve declared feminists who have posted on this thread are mostly married. And many for years. And your relationship status is what? Married? Dating? Looking? How’s your view on women effecting your relationships?

(Don’t care for cats, but I do confess I cater to my dog. And I don’t expect him to do any household chores. Plus his lack of opposable thumbs makes it impossible for him to vacuum. My husband caters to him too. Never expects him to make sandwiches.)

Last edited by UNC4Me; 02-28-2018 at 05:58 AM..

Old 02-28-2018, 07:05 AM

36,524 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
I would no say my mum was not interested in us, however raising two boys on a farm. On our days away from school it was up at dawn with our dad, working all day, and comming back in the evening.

When we got home we were all expected to chip in assist with the cooking and cleaning then played cards before bed.

This was the 1980's not the 1950's, however the results are my brother and i are equally at home in the kitchen as we are outside. We both agree we are far better at cooking than our wives, and do most of it.

Everyone lives in different "bubbles" however the picture some feminists like to paint of men been lazy slobs who cant even be bothered getting themselves a bowl of cereal, is about as far from my life reality as you can get.
I think by the 80's attitudes had already changed. My brother was born in 1970, he is a great cook, does at least 50% of the cooking and hh duties, did his share of feeding, changing and general responsibilities of child rearing. Dad on the other hand, not that I considered him a lazy slob, was born in 1921. He expected that mom do everything for him and us kids because that's the way things was, he earned the paycheck, mom did everything else. Of course not all men felt that way nor were all households like mine but enough were to be a catalyst for change.

Old 02-28-2018, 07:09 AM

19,625 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
So don't marry a guy like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies